Page 195 of 617 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 6170

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 195

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am trying to teach myself to take notes on my phone, instead of having little slips of paper all over the place (my normal mode of jotting things down).

I found some tea at Whole Foods (I will check the exact name when I get home) something like Organic Night Rest? anyway it really helped (the one from Trader Joes is very good too, but I know you don't have a TJ's).

None of the supplements helped me. So now all I take is my Asacol and the D3. And lots of veggies!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I will investigate the tea's. The Yogi brand and there is another seems to have a tea for anything you can think of.

Well, since I am off work, went to have lunch with dd. It was a nice surprise for her. Did I eat well?? Ummm no.. grabbed a burger. I have got to get back to my healthy habits. Its a little tough though. It seems like summer and unstructured.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think the Macros are important. I am not counting calories. I'm not even tracking. I still remember how much things count for from SPEED.

The tea was called "Organic Nighty Night" clever.

I rarely track my food now. But like Paula, I remember the numbers. I actually cannot get them out of my head, too many years of dieting.

I would tell you to not beat yourself up about the food choices you have made, you can't undo them. But just focus on the current choice. Eventually you will be making more better choices than bad ones on balance and you won't be stressing from the unnecessary guilt trip you lay on yourself that ultimately tends to push you towards the less optimum choices! (and by you I mean us of course!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thank you Chris!!

So last night I slept a little better. I woke a couple of times but was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly, which is new for me now. Perhaps the vitamins are working with the meletonin. It would not surprise me in the least if I were vitamin deficient, especially in light of recent events.

Speaking of recent events, went and grabbed a little dinner and went to DD volleyball practice. THIS.. exactly THIS was over doing it. I do not know how but by the time I got home I was in pain.. severe cramping. Although I have no idea what is left to cramp. GRRR!! So frustrating!

Got a bit of a wild hair last night. Although I am in shape at the moment and I am obligated by a lease, I got to looking at some of the houses for sale in my little town that I love and playing around with house payment numbers. Houses run from $40,000 to $300,000. I do not want a large house or a lot of land to maintain so I looked in town. Found a couple houses between $68,000 and $85,000 that are cute cute cute. Playing with the payment estimator it looks like I could have the same or smaller house payment than rent and pay off the house in 15 years. I dunno... flipping through options and thinking ahead for when I need to help my mom out. We will have to see what the election brings in regards to the economy.

Planning on a better eating day. For example, yesterday for breakfast I had olives for breakfast. My mom was unimpressed and harped on me to get some protein..ugh. In my defense, they were dang good greek olives!! The energy to eat well is tough right now. I go through bouts of restlessness and the need to move to just exhausted for no reason. I read about these women who had their surgery the same time I did and are already walking 5 miles a day. WTF???
    Karin

Highly nutritious foods will speed your recovery. Even if you also eat things that are not as healthy (for example a burger with tomato, and any other veggies you can throw on it, even with a bun, will give you some nice protein), you could work to get the good (maybe hard boil a bunch of eggs, which are easy to eat out of hand) with the less good (egg salad with the olives and a touch of mayo maybe?). I used to make a big batch of tuna salad, in which I used chopped celery, radishes, carrots, onions, cucumbers, and bell peppers, then I added a few chopped nuts, ground golden flax meal and vinegar and oil. It lasts for several days. Then you could have an egg and sliced avocado on the side.

Forget what those other women are doing and just take care of yourself!!!!
    Chris
    Unknown

You are right about the tuna and egg salad.. my mom has been harping on this as well.. She has been coming over to cook for me and is coming tonight to make some more meals (protein rich) for me to just nuke.

Well this morning, I am still working on my large cup of coffee with HWC and have not had breakfast. To be honest, the task seems daunting (although realistically I know it is not). However, I am a bit empty and am going to suck it up and make some eggs- or something as easy. I feel so lazy.. while I am a naturally lazy person, this is over the top. Dang hormones!

Today: I will eat no added sugar or grains (a pledge to myself)
    Karin

when the hubs is out of town, and I am feeling particularly lazy, I have been known to just add whey to coffee that I brewed strong and then iced. then nibble on carrots or bell peppers while drinking it, now how is that for lazy with no hormonal excuse!
    Chris
    Unknown

*hanging head* mom brought me some biscuits and gravy and potato rolls with dinner...have not succumbed.. ugh..
    Karin

Not real hungry tonight. I have heard some of the hystersisters say their appetites come and go and tastes change. I can vouch for the taste changing some. So, dd asked a friend over to spend the night without clearing it with me. GRRR... if I did not think the world of this little friend I would have sent her home. Anyway, mom stayed and helped make dinner for the girls. I was not hungry so did not partake of the hamburgers on potato rolls (i.e sliders) or mac and cheese, or the veggie. I did later have a slice of peach pie. Psh.. good choice? No.. but you can only have so much temptation before you cave.

DD has a volleyball tourney tomorrow. I am planning on seeing one game.. I have a feeling I will miss the others.
    Karin