Page 190 of 544 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 5432

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 190

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Chris, I hear you. I can not even tell you how many times I have done WW. It seems sound and makes sense but you are right, its mostly a temp solution. I think one reason why its BIG BUSINESS is because its a temp solution. I am not sure what diamond foods are but if its about all you eat, they must be non starchy veggies. LOL

I read Mark's deal today, its about the 21 dat jumpstart.. thingie-bob. I have GOT to kick the sugar and the grains. I think it would stave off some binges. Its hard to have SAD food in the house but with dd... it just is. I need to make a concerted effort to make sure the food I buy for her has nuts in it maybe. I steer clear of those! Anyway, for 21 days I am committed to no sugar, no grains and starting weight training. I know I keep saying I am going to do it but tonight when I get home, I am moving the equipment to my room which is one step closer.

Chris- you mentioned a website.. I am looking for it but when you are craving something it means your body needs something. Lately I am craving cheese. Not all dairy necessarily, but cheese. Got any ideas what I can eat that will curb that?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

being sick just sucks! But being sick and having a sick kid is just over the top.
    word!!
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Chris, I hear you. I can not even tell you how many times I have done WW. It seems sound and makes sense but you are right, its mostly a temp solution. I think one reason why its BIG BUSINESS is because its a temp solution. I am not sure what diamond foods are but if its about all you eat, they must be non starchy veggies. LOL

I read Mark's deal today, its about the 21 dat jumpstart.. thingie-bob. I have GOT to kick the sugar and the grains. I think it would stave off some binges. Its hard to have SAD food in the house but with dd... it just is. I need to make a concerted effort to make sure the food I buy for her has nuts in it maybe. I steer clear of those! Anyway, for 21 days I am committed to no sugar, no grains and starting weight training. I know I keep saying I am going to do it but tonight when I get home, I am moving the equipment to my room which is one step closer.

Chris- you mentioned a website.. I am looking for it but when you are craving something it means your body needs something. Lately I am craving cheese. Not all dairy necessarily, but cheese. Got any ideas what I can eat that will curb that?
    Yep, non-starchy veggies and lean protein mostly!

Craving?…This means you’re missing this.. | Random Act of Kindness sorry cheese is not on it. It does have sugar and bread/grains though. I would look up and see what the main nutrient components of cheese are and find something that will give those to you. Here is one thing I found...Lemon Tahini I also seem to remember that you can use Nutritional Yeast (not brewers!). I have a recipe where I use 1C of the yeast (buy in bulk at WF or in package at Kroger-price about the same), 1T Spike (from WF its a spice mix) and 1tsp garlic powder. And sprinkle it on stuff like veggie soup or mix it into a paste with a bit of liquid and use to spread on meats and things (for the members of the family that still eat it, we used to drizzle honey over popcorn and then sprinkle it with this mixture-well they still do it-your DD may like it). Then again it could just be the salty/creamy/chew of the stuff! yum.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post

Yep, non-starchy veggies and lean protein mostly!

Craving?…This means you’re missing this.. | Random Act of Kindness sorry cheese is not on it. It does have sugar and bread/grains though. I would look up and see what the main nutrient components of cheese are and find something that will give those to you. Here is one thing I found...Lemon Tahini I also seem to remember that you can use Nutritional Yeast (not brewers!). I have a recipe where I use 1C of the yeast (buy in bulk at WF or in package at Kroger-price about the same), 1T Spike (from WF its a spice mix) and 1tsp garlic powder. And sprinkle it on stuff like veggie soup or mix it into a paste with a bit of liquid and use to spread on meats and things (for the members of the family that still eat it, we used to drizzle honey over popcorn and then sprinkle it with this mixture-well they still do it-your DD may like it). Then again it could just be the salty/creamy/chew of the stuff! yum.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

So I went MOnday for an abdominal sonogram as referred by my yearly female exam. They found a complex cist and is seeing septation. Normally they said they would remove the ovary but due to the septation they are wanting to do a hysterectomy. Talk about a 1-2 punch. I am not against a hysterectomy.. this is just not what I expected. I see the surgeon Tuesday.

I think tonight is a good night to eat out and be good to myself. I found out about this at lunch and just do not have it in me to do the planned lab with this class so it has been postponed.
    Karin

Holy crap, that is just about all I can say. Thinking about ya
    Chris
    Unknown

So sleeping has been a joke for a while now but more so now. research, research, research..
    Karin

so here is what I am doing, and although my fitbit says my sleep is restless I feel a whole lot more rested when I get up in the monring...

I take a supplement that is equal calcium and magnesium plus some D3 (timing on this doesn't seem to make a huge difference, but I don't have trouble falling asleep I have trouble staying asleep)

I drink a cup of tea that includes passionflower, one hour before bed (this is a mixed bag because I drink it iced and it is a 20oz cup-1teabag-so potty issues can arise if I have not kept up all day)

Lavender essential oil...I have one of those reed room fresheners where there is the liquid scent in the bottom and reeds draw it up and into the room, like this...Fragrances: Décor Glass Reed Diffuser Lavender

then I put a few drops of lavender in to a spray bottle with some water and mist a bit on my pillow before bed.

then I rub a couple of drops of the oil on my hands just before bed.

The link in my journal actually had a few new tips I had not heard before.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh Karin, That sucks. I hate when crap lke that pops up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

PrimalCon New York
    p.s. does insurance cover a second opinion?
    Chris
    Unknown