Page 189 of 625 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 6245

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 189

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well the verdict is that its a virus.. and of course there is nothing to do but wait it out or wait for it to turn into more. Crap. I must be immune to strep because no matter how awful my throat is, it is NEVER strep. I must have had each strain as a kid and am immune and now its all virus.

Last night was not REAL bad.. not real primal but hey.. I just did not feel like cooking..

So this morning I think my smoothie took dd over the edge. She will never drink my smoothies again I am sure as she was appalled at what I put in it. CM, coffee, orange, 1 T cocoa, 1T golden flax meal, 1 c frozen broccoli and a couple of eggs with stevia. It was interesting.. not real impressive but Its got good stuff in it. Here are the stats for it:

Daily Totals
    Calories
    Fat
    24.2 g
    Fiber
    8 g
    Carbs
    23.8 g
    Sodium
    194.3 mg
    Protein
    21.2 g
    Daily Calorie Composition: 24% from carbs, 55% from fat and 21% from protein

The fat is high but its from the eggs and the CM. I need to check into egg whites probably. I think the fat would be reduced. As for the CM.. it is what it is. HWC would be no different I am sure.

Edit: oh and the smoothie.. I have extra I took to school Minus the eggs..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I find that the cocoa can make the mixture a bit bitter, I still add it but it never does what I want it to do. How do you feel about the coconut milk that comes in a carton? or is that what you are using? Using a carton of just whites is so easy. I have also stopped putting the flax into the smoothie, I now use it for breading and such.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I have plenty of CM in the can on hand and like that it does not have added things that the box kind does. The bitter could very well be coming from the cocoa.. however, I just added more sweetener and am dealing with it. I think the flax makes it seem grainy.. not sure I like the texture but unsure of what to do with the flax. I will head to the store soon and look for egg whites.. am I correct that egg beaters are not real eggs??
    Karin

egg beaters, I believe, now has a product that is just whites with no additives. the regular one they added stuff to make it yellow and creamier.

the flax I sprinkle on things, it is great on a tuna salad (I make this by chopping up veggies-onions, carrots, celery, radishes, mushrooms, etc, adding the flax, a tiny bit of mayo for creamieness, some olive oil for the moisture, a bit of vinegar for tang-yummy)

I use a mixture of sweeteners as I find this does a better job of getting rid of bitterness. I use a scant tsp of xylitol (supposed to be good for osteopenia, your teeth, and something else I need it for that I can't think of) and a scant tsp of erythritol as well as the stevia.

Yes I have a problem with the ingredients added to Almond milk, but I can't be perfect, eventually I will drop that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Karin - just popping in to say 'hi'. Hope school is going well, you are feeling better, and Lily is doing well!
    -- Ruth

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I seem to have missed something - why don't you just use whole eggs in your smoothies? There is so much good nutrition in the yolk. I love the smoothie idea though as you can sneak all kinds of stuff in there and just drink it down. I blended up some soup the other day for my son to see if he would eat it better and it worked really well (considering that the kid just won't eat his veges). Have you tried "creaming" soups for Lilly? He also likes toppings like shreaded cheese or bacon to put on top.

I do use whole eggs for other things, I love them fried, I just want to bring up the protein count without increasing the calories that much.
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I seem to have missed something - why don't you just use whole eggs in your smoothies? There is so much good nutrition in the yolk. I love the smoothie idea though as you can sneak all kinds of stuff in there and just drink it down. I blended up some soup the other day for my son to see if he would eat it better and it worked really well (considering that the kid just won't eat his veges). Have you tried "creaming" soups for Lilly? He also likes toppings like shreaded cheese or bacon to put on top.
    I am considering egg whites because I want to up my protein but not so much my fat. I seem to get PLENTY of that. As for Lily, she has texture issues and is funny about food. Essentially, I feed her what she will eat. Being sick lately she has lost 5 pounds she can not afford to lose. She worked so hard to get to 65 pounds and now she is under 60 again.
    Karin

Ok.. so my very good friend posts on FB that she has lost a total of 16 pounds since school started. ummmm.. crap... why you ask? Because she is doing weight watchers!! So what do I do? I go on a binge pity party. Soooo tempted to do a primalized weight watchers and then I think.. is that not what I have been trying to do already???

Still have the crud but not as bad as Lily.. she is on a new antibiotic so hopefully she can kick this bronchitis.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    From my perspective the exact reason that Weight Watchers is such big business is that it is a pretty good short term solution. But ya gotta keep going back. I would love to know what percentage of people who join WW actually get to their goal weight (or even close), and then keep it off. If it had worked for you I think I can confidently say you wouldn't be here. You are looking for a life long solution. Although to be fair, apparently if you eat only "diamond foods" you don't have to count points. And it looks like what I eat would fall into that category. My mom has been doing it for years and has lost about 65 pounds, I think it took her 3 years.

Being sick just sucks! But being sick and having a sick kid is just over the top.
    Chris
    Unknown