Page 185 of 614 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 185

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok.. so I am mostly whole 30 as opposed to all whole 30 which means, I am primal?? I have succeeded is refraining from dairy for the most part. I have an occasional sprinkle or slice. It surely is not a daily thing. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE hwc.. I have been doing just fine with CM. I think the key, (hold your snicker Chris) is my lack of veggies/fruit. I get so in a hurry, I just either eat and run (meaning cook once eat a couple times and half the time not even heated) or eat and sit because I am so dang tired. Yes yes.. smoothie smoothie.. they are easy but I can always find an excuse. I hate cleaning the blender. I have frozen veggies ready to go as wella s frozen fruit and cm. I am limited on protein powder but I was thinking a smoothie could be a side to some eggs in the morning.

Unloading the dishwasher this morning I had a pinch in my lower back.. damn that hurt. Took some ibuprofen but my goal is to continue my mountain of laundry I have allowed to pile up, clean the kitchen again (OMG.. every single day it gets trashed- how does this happen???) and I aim to go for a walk today. I do not even care how far I can make it, I just intend to do it. I have not walked in a couple days.. or 4.

So this morning I was craving or just hungry for some msg free sausage. It was lovely with my iced mocha coffee. However, I am on my way back to the kitchen to whip up a damn smoothie with some fruits and veggies. On a side note.. I really like frozen carrots in my smoothies.

Chris- my fellow coffee addict, I mean lover..check this out. I plan to try this weekend.
    thevelvetbird.com

that is all.. for now.. I need to take my meds.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing pretty well foodwise. KUTGW (I always wanted to use that acronym.) I may experiment with CM smoothies with berries and veggies. Whey PP is out on my W30 for September.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Kutgw?

The way I am looking at it, the whey protein is optional if you are getting other protein. This is just an efficient way to get in fruits and veggies. I am liking the carrot and strawberry combo. Weird, I know.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Karin, I seem to remember that you can't use whey, is that true? If not I am really liking the new one I am using. It is just whey and less than 1%soy lecithin. It is flavorless and odorless and mixes very well. Not sure if the same company has an egg protein, but the whey was much cheaper than the Jay Robb, and had a few more grams of protein.

To easily clean a blender...quick rinse, then add about a cup or 2 of water then a few drops of soap, give it a whirl (ie. turn the machine on) and dump and rinse, you don't even have to get your hands wet!

Last night I made a fantastic one...

1C unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (you could use CM and water)
    1/2C egg whites
    1/2C Greek Yogurt (you could just not use this)
    1C frozen broccoli
    3/4C frozen strawberries
    3/4C butternut squash (you could use carrots)
    1scoop whey
    sweetened (xylitol, erythritol, stevia)
    xanthum gum powder (thickens and makes it smooth, optional)
    vanilla bean powder (I love this stuff)

It tasted just like a strawberry milk shake.

For DH, I make essentially a homemade version of V-8 fusion drinks. I put in frozen fruits and veggies, then just enough Almond Milk so the blender will work. Then I put them in individual jars and put them in the fridge. He won't let me put anything else in them but the fruit and veggies. He takes one to work each day and drinks it as a snack. they are usually an odd color because of the combos I use, but taste pretty good.

Love the coffee idea (obviously without the brown sugar). Pinned it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thanks for the tip with the blender. I will try it. I used a mason jar instead of the blender jar this morning.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    KUTGW-Keep up the good work!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The whey is helping me to reach my protein goals (175g to 200g a day). In the long run (ie. once I reach my body goals) I won't need as much protein and I will just drop the whey and will be pretty much where I need to be protein wise at the much lower weight.

Mason jar is a great idea, except that I actually fill my blender, I don't have a mason jar that big.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

afternoon smoothie:

cm, herbal tea, fresh peach, 1/2 cuke, frozen carrots, frozen strawberries. Pretty good.. I am thinking lots of fiber here...

so f/v tally so far for today : 6
    Karin

Evening smoothie..mint green tea, plum, cm and strawberries. The mint made it weird
    Karin

Well.. 3 smoothies in yesterday with a total of 8 fruits and veggies. This is a triumph for me because many times I have 1 maybe 2, some days none. I even got a nap in yesterday (may have been a downfall) and pinched something in my back that even a flexerill did not help. Taking something stronger to know me out tonight because I slept like crap. Pain every time I moved. The shower before bed did not even help. Ok.. so.. could not sleep last night. 10pm, awake; 11pm, awake; 11:30pm, awake with pretzels. I had been thinking about then for an hour and a half. So what was the trigger?? Not sure. The nap? possibly but I just dozed off and on. The pain in my back? Possibly. In the past pain has been a cue to eat. Its that self medicating comfort.

Giving it a go again today though. Now off to make my smoothie.
    Karin