Page 184 of 616 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 6158

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 184

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well I have started to do some walking now that it is not so dang hot! The weather is much milder now (70's-80's). However, my endurance has lapsed a bit. Now I huff and puff without walking as far as I used to. It will get easier again. I walked this morning but most days will be walking in the evening.

Tomorrow I took off as its the whole woman's exams etc. day. Ugh.. who wants to work after all that? I will be walking my daughter to school and walking her home as well.. so I will get in about 20 blocks total. Its more than I walked today

My food??? I find I start out strong and then flounder after lunch. I want sweet.. or well, just anything not healthy. I think to myself, I need a better structure and then remember, structures make me chafe. LOL

Read an interesting quote today: Hate starting over all the time?? Then don't quit. It hit me in the gut. On the one hand I am like, well yeah.. on the other I am like, dang easier said than done.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

What a great morning to walk the girls to school. The temp was nice and cool. Only when I come home and inside do I sweat buckets..LOL.. more later.. contemplating breakfast as I do not need to leave the house until 10am (it will take an hour to get to the dr appointments in Wichita).

B: left over burger patty with grilled onions, a slice of cheese (1oz) and 2 fried eggs on top (with PAM- yes its not primal but I can control the fat).

I think fat is ok.. but I also am thinking excess may be a problem at least for me. I think leaner meats (my burger was 80%- not REAL lean and their is fat in the cheese and eggs so no real need to add butter for the eggs except maybe the taste.) However, the breakfast was awesome.

Oh and my low tech journaling has fallen by the wayside since school started.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 08-27-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: contemplating breakfast done.. YUM
    Karin

S-succumbing
    T-to
    R-really
    E-easy
    S-sweet
    S-snacks

OMG.. my daughter is going to be the death of me.... The above sums it up... WTF? On the run, cranky (even though I have been exercising) and stressed beyond belief.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference so I do not SMACK THE HELL out of my child.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am thinking that to the extent that you can control the stress it will be easier to control the sweets. To the extent that I will sound like a broken record, having a sweet tasting smoothie when you walk in the door from work, put your feet up and enjoy it, will I believe help tremendously with the cravings.

The macros I now shoot for are about 200g of protein, less than 100g of carbs, and less than 90g of fat. That is where I feel really good, and it gets me the nutrients I need to stop cravings. It puts my calories between 1700 and 2000. Now that my life will be settling down a bit, and the weather is cooling down, I will begin the exercise again.

p.s. to fry my eggs, I heat my stainless skillet hot first, then put a tiny bit of coconut oil in then the eggs, no stick. Pam will mess up your pans.

Another day.. another dollar. Yesterday I was bombarded with the perpetual sneeze all day. I was woke up sneezing at 5:30pm and it did not stop until I made myself a hot toddy and put myself to bed at the end of the day. The conclusion? I think I have a cold. Crap. The good news is that my gyno tests and biopsies came back fine.

Stress is still apparent and I am hoping will lessen when my daughter gets the help at school she needs. There have been emails exchanged with her school about interventions and then my rebuttal was kind, but showed not only that I knew what I was talking about, but it showed teeth. I go in this evening to talk to them as they have revisited and supposedly tweaked what needs to happen. Rant alert:

While I love small towns and small town schools, they are so single minded. No, my child's issues are not academic but they should not be dismissed. If my child could "OWN" it as they say, why would she have this diagnosis and would she not have done so BY NOW? OMG!! Like she can choose this herself??!! Its honestly like telling an asperger child to snap out of it and own it.. REALLY??? Oh, and not all students with my child's diagnosis react in the same manners. Just because she is highly intelligent and performs adequately academically does not mean she does not need help. I would LOVE to see how she performs were it not for her diagnosis.. She would knock everyones socks off I know. I say this not because I am prejudice to my kid (although I am) but based on her coping skills with this. End rant.

So for breakfast today (I feel so bipolar sometimes).. I had awesome meatloaf leftovers. No coffee though.. no energy to deal with it, even though it was made.. I can not explain..

Lunch- chicken noodle leftovers.. not primal I know.. I am making a choice today.

Dinner.. I can not see that far into the future.. all I can think of is the upcoming meeting with DD's principal and teachers over accommodations she needs. I think I may be drinking tonight..
    Karin

When we moved to Nashville, I had a meeting with the district people, admin people, teachers, counselors (5 of them 1 of me) about my daughter's "Reading Learning Disability" (both of my children have a type of dyslexia-tested and proven). It turns out if your child is getting straight A's in near perfect fashion they are not going to offer me any type of accommodations. My response was basically...just because you have low expectations for your students does not mean that my children are reaching their potential. Nothing. Then DD's teacher called me and we chatted, her master's was in reading learning disabilities in gifted children. We had a very long conversation about the accommodations I could make (read aloud to them while they followed along with a pointer, let them eat/chew something while studying, background noise while studying, and for my son know that once he gets to higher math he will soar but he will struggle with multiplication tables and addition, etc...), and expectations I should have for them. She was a God send, and my daughter actually ended up having her 2 years in middle school and then a year in high school.

My suggestion is to set yourself up for a reasoned fight, but go in with very high expectations. Good Luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

The meeting went well at the school last night. It lasted an hour and I think they have a better idea on what needs to happen. They have their poop more in a group as it were. As it happens I have a student that is much like my daughter. WOW.. its a real eye opener even though I live with this everyday, I am seeing from a new perspective.

Ate well for breakfast.. burger, 2 eggs and a slice cheese and mocha coffee with stevia (totally forgot cream or CM, not that it needed it).
    Karin

Glad the meeting went well.

The parents of the student in your class must be very happy to have you as their child's teacher!

hot mocha?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

actually it was iced mocha.. coffee with cocoa powder in it over night, blended up with a little stevia.. YUM!
    Karin

that does sound yum!
    Chris
    Unknown