Page 183 of 630 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 6297

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 183

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    well if you don't love smoothies, I would go with homemade popsicles. Make the smoothies, freeze in popsicle forms, that sounds like it could be a win win....you get the veggies and what ever other healthy things you put in there plus the throat relief.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OOOOH you guys have popsicle parties? Nice!

I usually get laryngitis in the second week of school, but eventually it clears up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Its a 6th grade tradition. The first friday of the year we get all the 6th graders out on the football field and give them popsicles because its usually hotter than hell.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Welcome to the world of crazy...

So this morning was Lily's 1st day to get herself off to school which meant that she would be home a short time by herself.. tears.. hers.. I had not even been gone 5 minutes and she calls.. we go through the leaving the house together on the phone.. by the time she got to her little friends house she was fine but we have had a nervous morning. I have had no breakfast either.. GRRR.. my coffee with CM is not cutting it. I am going to have to eat a little earlier than normal today. I can do that on Mondays since the schedule is different. It would also help if I put the BLENDER ON THE COUNTER. At the moment its not.

Technology is wonky at school today.. ahhh yes.. Monday was done arove!!
    Karin

I made a chicken in the crock pot last night.. almost can not wait for lunch!! Chicken salad and salsa.. not bad for a quick go to meal. I currently have bone broth simmering and am thinking of making some soup this evening with it. Throw in some frozen veggies, some of the chicken and presto.. lunch for tomorrow as well (if I do not eat it all). The broth was tasting good all by itself though.

Oh.. and looked for the SF ricola drops.. small town grocers do not have them apparently. It will take a drive to the city to get them
    Karin

odd, besides grocery maybe try drug stores (Walgreens) and target has them as well. Trader Joes even has them now, and they almost exclusively carry their own brand of everything.

The meals sound yummy.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Breakfast was tasty.. I did the protein smoothie (I thought I had more protein powder than I did- will have to get more). I used CM, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries and frozen carrots. Then to think it out I used some chilled vanilla chamomile tea that was left over from the pot I made earlier. It was quite lovely. A must-do again!!

The bone broth turned out tasty and rich. Due to last minute errands of getting volleyball shoes and shopping for pads for dd we ate on the run. So the broth awaits this evening. Now I just need to find size XS volleyball knee pads for the girl.
    Karin

I love doing the smoothie for breakfast because I can carry it around with me while I am packing lunches and getting ready for work. I add 1/2C of carton egg whites to add more protein and it helps to thin it out as well (I also use flavored tea as a base). For the breakfast smoothie I take 8oz of water just off boil and steep 6 green tea bags in it for 3 minutes. It is a little grassy flavored but currently working on the notion that it helps the body burn fat, and the study I read essentially says the equivalent of 8 tea bags. I drink the other 2 straight up as iced tea.

good luck with the knee pads.
    Chris
    Unknown

Smoothie for breakfast.. choc jay robb egg white protein,frozen blueberries, frozen carrots, cm and chamomile tea besides my coffee with cm. I found some green tea I will brew up to use in the future. I have chopped some chicken to throw in a salad for lunch.

Went out to eat last night.. ate too much. I am going to have to just stop eating out no matter the connivence. I am determined to end the day strong today in regards to food. I was doing so well yesterday until I got tired. Its the only emotion I can think of that triggered it. Perhaps when I am tired I need to do a smoothie as well.

Still no luck with the knee pads.. I think a trip to the city is in order <insert curse words here>.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do a smoothie about 2 or 3 hours before dinner, my witching hour when I would normally be looking for starchy sweet stuff in the pantry. Sometimes, when I know I am going to be pressed for time, I make my breakfast smoothie really large and split it so I have something ready when I get home.
    Chris
    Unknown