Page 181 of 612 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6115

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 181

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That is the article I am talking about. I like the lifting with 2 hands and slowing lowering with one to build muscle etc.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Free eBook - More for Less | Jonathan Bailor | The Smarter Science of Slim | Get Fit - Lose Weight - Feel Great | Eat More, Exercise Less - Smarter | JonathanBailor.com | Diet and Exercise | Harvard Medical School | UCLA Medical School | Johns Hopkin

This is a little "booklet" he has free on his site that explains how to do the exercises. I love the idea of 20 minutes a week of actual exercise. I have not however actually done the eccentric ones yet. I am going to do them with DS and because of his rifle practice we have to do them on Friday to allow for recovery for him. This Friday something came up for him suddenly so we couldn't do it.

I'll get there though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ok so this weekend I did not go anywhere really because I needed to stay close to a bathroom if-you-know-what-i-mean. I dont know why. I would like to think its a natural detox and not that I am fighting something. However, yesterday I felt awful, even took a nap, did not feel like eating much but I had some protein, took the kid to the pool for the last pool day, came home and ate cookies. WTF? So this morning, my chest is tight (coughing ucky) and I am stuffy. I can not even remember if I took my meds yesterday thats how fuzzy I felt.

Today is "meet the teacher" night at my school. So I will be there until 8pm tonight. I have planned my dinner of steak salad. Unfortunately it wont be a fancy salad as my veggie options are slim to none at this point. Need to go shopping.

Chris- I have been checking out his site some. I have got to start the exercises. I have to admit, I like the 20 min a week idea better than CW. LOL
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh! I hate "meet the teacher" night. Hope you feel better.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Unfortunately even with just 2 ten minute sessions, I still have trouble making myself do the ones that to me are essentially "weight lifting" - the "cardio" no problem.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris- I hate all exercise and motivation is a toughie for me.
    Karin

I tend to hate anything I do "for exercise" but I do a lot of things where I move a lot. They are getting harder, thinking if I would do more "for exercise" I would be able to do more "for fun".
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Free eBook - More for Less | Jonathan Bailor | The Smarter Science of Slim | Get Fit - Lose Weight - Feel Great | Eat More, Exercise Less - Smarter | JonathanBailor.com | Diet and Exercise | Harvard Medical School | UCLA Medical School | Johns Hopkin

This is a little "booklet" he has free on his site that explains how to do the exercises. I love the idea of 20 minutes a week of actual exercise. I have not however actually done the eccentric ones yet. I am going to do them with DS and because of his rifle practice we have to do them on Friday to allow for recovery for him. This Friday something came up for him suddenly so we couldn't do it.

I'll get there though.
    signing up but its says something about a password in appendix 2?? Is that a book?
    Karin

yeah it is the last word in his second appendix, but really the stuff you can get for free gives you more than enough info to do his program.
    Chris
    Unknown

Yesterday was a long day. Although I ate a good dinner, I ended up binging on a few cookies before bed. I was so keyed and tired from the day are my only excuses. My sleep has been disturbed for a few days now. Ankles, legs and knees are sore so I thought to sleep in a recliner thinking maybe I would get comfortable.. I think I need to use the other one that can elevate my feet above my heart. Not sure how to describe the pain/discomfort except its just that.

DD will have to start walking to and from school next week instead of 2 weeks from now. The daycare provider can only take her this week. grrrr.. I like to make a plan and stick with a plan and get annoyed when others do not stick with the plan. Its beyond my control so I can do what I can do.. or at least that is what I tell myself.

Meetings this morning.. work in my room this afternoon. I am getting DD after lunch because we need trims before school starts tomorrow. I have not planned today well. It seems it was enough to get me out the door this morning. I forgot my lunch. I could IF like I did yesterday but I wonder if that did not cater to my binge. Of course yesterday all I had was coffee with CM for breakfast and then IF'd lunch. This morning I had eggs and coffee with cm.. we will see. I have chicken in the crockpot for chicken "taco" salad tonight for dinner. Looking forward to it actually!!

Sleepy and achey are not a great way to start the day. Hopefully I can snap out of it soon.
    Karin