Page 179 of 542 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 5412

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 179

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My everyday, I am too lazy to actually make salad dressing....

make the salad, put olive oil over it, put raspberry vinegar (this stuff is divine!) over it, sprinkle with a powdered sweetener (I use stevia raw), sprinkle with salt. Honestly this is fantastic.

I do a blender version for company.

It is stressful every time our kids jump up to a new level of responsibility. Too many uncontrollable unknowns. But in the end good for both of you! And eating is not going to make that fear go away. Take care of as much as you can and leave the rest. You can do it mom!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    So a confession. Although I do not weigh regularly (I have had to work on this compulsion that the number is everything), I did step on the scale August first. Much to my chagrine it read just under 300. I stepped on today 8/8 and back at 280. Now I am no fool to believe I lost 20 pounds but what I do know is that I have lost INFLAMMATION which is almost as good. On a side note.. I think I am in ketosis although I did not seek it intentionally (for me its seems hard to get there when you want to be there) and I am just going to kind of ride this out and see if I can burn some fat in it as well.

Yesterday was a super bummer.. I was still primal but not OPTIMUS-PRIMAL (lol). I made some trail mix for the on the go times knowing with school starting I will have those times. In it I dry roasted some raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, as well as some dried fruit and large thin slices of crunchy coconut. Yesterday while on to 1 of 2 of Lily's appointments I opted to much on a little of that instead of grabbing a burrito or something. She was hungry and got a burrito. I would say I am making progress and getting back where I was. I need to stay in the groove.

Another confession, I think the journal I am writing in is helping. I think it helps me to not just write the food down but box the questionable food to decide if it should be in my diet etc. Its a good reflective piece. The journal is also not so cumbersome that I can put it in my purse and take it with and not so unattractive that I have a "notebook" in my purse, rather it looks like a book or diary. I dunno..anyway.

Official report back to school day is tomorrow. I am going in today to work in my room (again). There is always something to be done and to be honest, I am ready to get back to the routine.

DD and I walked the route to school and discussed rules and common sense (i.e. look before crossing, stay on sidewalks, no picking flowers from yards etc etc.).

Here is to another great day!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

wow, that is some serious inflammation!

Congrats on being back in the groove.

Once DD gets used to the walk she is going to start feeling very grown up.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

see I thought about that too. Inflammation is usually stored as extra fluid in the tissues so it makes sense I guess. I forgot how good coconut milk was in coffee. I need to masure though and not eye ball it. That is a goal for me.. measuring my fats.

DD is wanting to grow up faster than I would like. She insists she needs makeup.. eeegads!!
    Karin

My parents sent me to "charm school" at Sears! To learn to do it correctly, and I had to buy my own make-up. That slowed things down!

I use a scale to measure things like that, especially in coffee that way there is nothing to clean, put the up o'joe on the scale, tare, pour, voila.
    Chris
    Unknown

smart thinking.. I like it. I am doing that with the scale!! thanks.
    Karin

I broke down and got a pretty decent scale, because once the kids started cooking the measuring spoons kept disappearing.
    Chris
    Unknown

Well back to school for me. Fortunately its not bad, I am actually ready. Yesterday was a pretty good food day except for salad dressing. Its just so convenient even though it does not taste fantastic (only ok). So today I thought I would get a power protein breakfast and thought I had done a good job (beef patty with an egg, coffee with cm) but man at 11am, I was HUNGRY.. not starving hungry but defiantly feeling a void. I do not like this at all. I have found eggs alone do not keep me but apparently I need more protein to keep me going.

TOM started today.. yuck.. I am feeling a little crampy and working not to be crabby with dd (she is with me today at work). Also, I am sweating like crazy if not sitting in <COLD> AC. Ugh!! I am not hot per se, just sweaty! Its hell on makeup.
    Karin

I have discovered egg whites. 100% cage free in a carton, add 1/2C and you are getting about 60 calories of pure protein, with your beef patty and egg. Now then add a bit of spinach and a touch of hollandaise and you have yourself a very nice version of eggs benedict. YUM. And that should keep you until at least lunch! TTOM only makes it worse.

Ok seriously, throw away that salad dressing. You could take a tsp of mayo (thinking I remember you want it creamy) and add it to a T of olive oil, a T of flavored vinegar (watch for no sugar though), a pinch of salt and a pinch of a sweetener (if you are using it) and you have a lovely base, just change up the spices and/or herbs and you have an endless variety of yummy stuff to put on your salad.

Except for very fancy occasions, I don't bother with make-up, with the possible exception of water proof mascara.
    Chris
    Unknown

PrimalCon New York
    So last night after an exhausting report day we went and grabbed dinner. Not too pan, I had chicken, salad with homemade ranch and green beans and a couple bites of mashed potatoes and skipped the roll. DD orders her burritos with the meat on the side because she does not like it so I brought it home because I had a plan...

Breakfast this morning was pretty awesome.. 3 eggs made into a type of tortilla and then warmed up the meat from last night and had a breakfast burrito sans tomato (issues) and sans cheese (issues). It was rather YUM! Here is to a successful day.. but another day full of meetings. Also had my coffee cold and no sweaty issues. Although coconut milk in iced coffee...ummmm...yeah- weird

Chris- I am tossing salad dressings or maybe I will bring them to school for the teachers to use.
    Karin