Page 178 of 624 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 178

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    eee, good for you, a taste is deadly for me!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I made them cheap easy monkey bread with refrigerator biscuits cinnamon and sugar (not nutritious but she will eat it). It holds no appeal to eat more. Now had I made berry muffins, I would have been in trouble.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Luckily my kids are old enough now that they usually make their own. Although last time we had a crowd for a sleepover I made a french toast casserole (that's one way to sneak in some eggs, but it comes with a lot of bread!). Actually my inability to resist is related more to the situation than to the food. Breakfast I have no problems at all! If she is making cookies mid-afternoon a bit harder. If there is a nice cake or cheesecake after dinner....fawgeddaboudit, I'm eatin it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Purely Primal just posted a recipe for Lemon Blueberry muffins that looks pretty tasty.

Purely Primal
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Today was a good day, not great. I had some diet coke. However, all in all I only really had a little half and half and a little honey mustard as my questionable/sketchy items. Now for the home-stretch before bedtime.. no snacks.. I am not hungry. I had a nice big salad and 2 chicken thighs (I did Marks Balsamic glazed chicken)- very good! I will be self talking the rest of the night I am sure. lol School report date is getting closer and the anticipation stress makes me want to eat.
    Karin

I am feeling stronger (regarding not eating not muscles), success breeds success, and well slips take me down a slippery slope. Congrats on your continuing success.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    You are doing SO good, Karin. Keep it up. Small successes will build up and then you'll be on top of the mountain

Speaking of cookbooks...have you tried the Well Fed book? I haven't gotten it (yet), but I'm intrigued. She has a lot to say about prepping for the week, quick stuff that can be put together into nice meals once you have spent some time on Sunday prepping. I'm pretty sure I could use that
    -- Ruth

So last night I was just still empty and ate a little more chicken. I figure eating a little more protein was a lot better than almost anything else. It seemed to curb that hunger.

This morning I used up the last of my half n half and from here on out I am dairy free. I have coconut milk for the coffee etc. I have cheese in the fridge and will leave a little out for dd and her grilled cheeses but other than that, in the freezer they go.

I have been looking up salad dressings because commercial ones 1. are not good for me and 2. really do not taste that great. I am not parting with mayo so mayo based dressings will be fine but I am looking to be creative. I bought a jar of green olives with jalapeņos in them (I LOVE THESE) and they are in a chardonay and herb vinaigrette. I thought that once the olives were gone I would work on incorporating that vinaigrette into a dressing perhaps.

Chris- I agree I am feeling stronger food wise. I am amazed at how often I have an opportunity to cheat and have just not felt like it. Maybe its the good whole food? Maybe its the new resolve? Maybe its the meds being upped? I dunno, I am just glad I am feeling better. As for getting stronger, I have been planning to walk in the evenings but even at 7pm its still @ 100. UGH.. I need to do weights and am looking for the motivation. They are STILL in the garage.. Maybe I need to baby step them into the house lol

Ruth- I checked that book on Amazon and put it on my wish list. The kindle version is pretty inexpensive so I may just get it come payday. It looks amazing and if it can help planning ahead for meals that is awesome. My mom wants to start coming over in the evening to walk when it starts cooling down and we had thought to prepare dinners together. This would help. She has set primal aside (she says for now) and is doing diet watchers which requires (yes I said requires) 2 pieces of white bread a day. *le sigh* I suggested perhaps she substitute a sweet potato? I do not think she is keen on that though. UGH! Anyway.. checking out that book.

Ok.. serious stuff now.. this Mommy business is tough. I got stress coming up, I can see it and am trying to put it in place and deal with it in a positive non food way. Here goes:

I am transitioning my dd to walk to school and walk home. Ok before you get all, what is her problem. I realize I started walking to school by myself in the 3rd grade. My daughter is not like I was. Granted we live 4 blocks but I am nervous. I am one of THOSE mothers! I will not be here when she leaves, and I will not be there when she comes home. She will only be alone for 30 at the most. She is going into the 5th grade but she has her issues. She is not thrilled with this either. Sometimes I think she would like to live in this little kid bubble forever (maybe I would too) but its time. We are going over plans, procedures etc. I am making lists (that is when you can tell I am nervous). Breathe, breathe..

Let us talk another time about the clothes and make up she wants to wear... OMG! wait wait.. your only 10!!!
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Karin - here are some homemade dressings I make:

1. Green Chile "Ranch" (Seriously, move over ranch dressing!)
    Mix together:
    * Lemonaise {Yeah, I know, not perfectly primal with the oil, but not all that bad, either}
    * Green Chile Sauce
    * A little dijon mustard
    * Water, to desired thinness

Vinaigrette:
    * Olive oil
    * A few drops of balsamic vinegar
    * pure fruit jelly (no added sugar)
    Blend together until mixed (once refrigerated, it will often need shaken again).
    I put this on top of a salad of spinach, sliced strawberries, and a few pecans (for crunch...but I think you can't eat nuts?)
    -- Ruth

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made a dressing the other day that was avocado, coconut milk, garlic and basil. Very tasty! using the avocado and coco nut milk as a base, you can change it up just by using different herbs and spices.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.