Page 176 of 636 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 6360

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 176

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    We report next week *le sigh* but the good news is my classroom is ALMOST done so then I can focus on the first couple weeks of school.

I have noticed I get a little sleepier than I used to. They advised my daughter to take hers in the evening but I did not get the same instructions. Its not imeding my day and I actually woke at 4:45am (15 min prior to alarm going off) so either the meds are working or my primal clock is synching. Lets just say its the primal clock shall we?? LOL Whole 30 is T.O.U.G.H! I am not sure of the differences really. In both they discourage dairy, artificial sweeteners, discourage potatoes, corn etc.

I am still journaling So.. today I think I did pretty well (still on dairy for a couple more days then zippo on that). They put some tortilla chips in my salad tonight and it was not the corn ones. Ugh!! Which is the lesser of the 2 evils.. corn or wheat?? They both suck. It made me crave a piece of my daughters bread, I indulged... crap. Onward and upward.. not slowing down. so today I was about 25-30% off. Not great but as I see it, it has been way worse in the past.

My goals:
    Cordains Paleo- working off dairy and will work off artificial sweeteners soon (dear God!!) What will I put in my koolaid and coffee??
    Sleep well nightly
    journal and box suspicious/borderline/naughty foods to see the frequency.
    One I have little to NO boxes I might start looking at the stats (cal, fat, carbs, protein etc.) though I think for the MOST part my carbs are low and my protein is moderate to high. Of course we all know that fat people can not realistically estimate or we would not be fat. Well, this is so in my case.

Peace and Love to my girls!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I have Cordain's book, too [I also have Mark's and Robb's -- let me know if you'd like to borrow either/both of them, and I'll send them your way.]. The one thing to note is that he's a bit low fat. Not that I think most of us need super high fat, but a bit more than he recommends (I also think we ladies have to be mindful of the fruit). But, it's a good place to start.

School, already? Seems like you just ended!!!

Have a super-duper good day, today
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    When we built our home the foreman had to tell me "Perfection is the enemy of a great job". Given how far off we have been even when we perfectly followed SAD, getting to 20% or 30% is impressive. Also, I doubt that a few tortilla chips in a salad and a piece of bread would reach the 30% mark!

Hang in there!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Well today was a good food day. I even had fish twice!! Tuna on green salad for lunch and went to the fish market for some golden trout. I cooked it on the grill..yum yum.. and had a salad for dessert. Breakfast was eggs with mushrooms, bacon and cheese so the only boxed items in the journal were mayo for the tuna. cheese and bacon with the eggs, cesar dressing with the salad for tonight. I still call it a win.

I even cooked a little rainbow trout to put on a salad tomorrow whoop! I am eating fine and and feeling frisky and happy. I also plan to grill some eggplant and make a egg in a hole with it tomorrow (from Make it Paleo). How weird am I to be excited about this??
    Karin

Not weird at all. Although I don't want food to consume my life, good food is something that excites me

Sounds like a great day. Not sure how you're feeling on the increased dosage, but you seem more positive (cheerful?) lately.
    -- Ruth

hmmm cheerful?? possibly.. sad that its an odd feeling BUT I LIKE IT! Actually it feels similar to when they prescribe steroids for my respiratory crap lol

I want to snack.. I am not hungry but wanna munch. My 2 goals besides transitioning to Paleo are:

no snacking after dinner
    sleep well (avoid waking in the middle of the night- like last night)

I am resisting snacking.. if you listen closely you can hear the gentle chastisement I am giving myself. lol
    Karin

Karin, you can resist the snacking. I swear, the positive mantra "I will resist," "I will resist," repeated over and over (and over again) helps get you through. And, if not yesterday, today is a new day. I KNOW you will get there.

Whatcha crafting these days?
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Ruth, I would call it hopeful.

From my experience this week I would tell you that if you add even more veggies it is somehow managing to keep me too full to eat after dinner. Not that I don't think of it, just that I think...mmm later, I am too full now....then I never get around to it.

I also believe that sleeping is the key. Now if we could just figure out how to get it quality, we could make a fortune teaching others how right?

Good luck, we are here with ya!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I resisted and just went to bed. Here is to another good day of eating and emotional! I am thinking about throwing on some glothes to fire up the grill and grill some eggplant and then make some egg in a holes from Make it Paleo.. it looks SO STINKIN' GOOD! One think Cordain says is eggs in moderation and its mentioned that his idea of moderation is 7 a week. I LOVE eggs and eat 2-3/day. I know they have cholesterol but its not the kind that GIVES you high cholesterol if I have that right.

I slept through the night!! I mean, I had the brief wake up, roll over and go back to bed but it beats the wide awake for an hour or more before falling back to sleep.

Ruth- I have been crafting a lot this summer. I swear its the best therapy. With my room getting a facelift I remade some poster/signs kind of things, made cutesy labels for my filing cabinets and science containers of materials, labels for the students supply baskets for labs, numbers for tables. Every year I always make a back to school craft for the team of teachers I work with so I did that too. ITs always different and a little something that says, Yeah, we are back!! Since I am science department head I also made a little something for the science teachers (there are 3 others besides me) as a back to school inspiration. My mom has also needed some crafty things done for her room so I have been making her signs and posters as well. Oh, and I got all the birthday cards for my team of teachers done for the year as well as secretaries day and bosses day. I am just getting ready to start Christmas gift.

In my new little apartment I made a crafting area that actually took a while to get comfortable in and now I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. At the old house I was in a room that was not really used for anything and due to space I am in the center of it all. It makes a big difference.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My goodness you are well organized. Christmas gifts already.

I also love to add new decorative and organizational stuff to my room. Maybe I'll hang something from the ceiling this year. I'm in the basement of a building built in 1915. I have a 20 ft ceiling.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67