Page 175 of 637 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 175

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear things are going well. My 14 yr old finally got his room clean because his cousins are coming tomorrow and he was not allowed to go onto his computer until he finished.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am about to have to impose some restrictions on my teen to teach him time management. He has a 4 page paper from his summer reading due when school starts or shortly after and he told me yesterday "it won't be due before the first 2 weeks mom" yeah, well his is going to get done before the first day (August 1), or his iPod and xBox will be getting dusty! I gave up on the room!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    "it won't be due before the first 2 weeks mom"
    I don't know if this will help but my nephew told his younger sister something once that really stuck with her. So much so that she publicly thanked him for it.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Love the quote, I will try it, but admit I am dubious.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So the weekend vacation was HOT.. as in hotter than hell hot (108-111). I ate poorly and my tummy is rebelling even now.

Allergy doc report: I am now on 2 nasal sprays to help with inflammation however, he stated that the pain in my face and ear are not sinus/allergy related. He stated that they are migraines. He said since the brain can not feel pain, it projects pain outward and not always as a headache (although I get those). He gave me some literature about migraines and it can (and for my case) is tied to my TMJ as well. Yeah..grrr. My throat is still gravelly. I sound like a smoker (I have for the longest time) but that is due to inflammation and not much drainage as I have been told by doctors in the past. There is a book called that was mentioned

"Heal Your Headache: The 1-2-3 Program for Taking Charge of Your Pain"
    David Buchholz, Stephen G. Reich M.D.

To be honst, I am amazed how often I have a headache. Seldom is it a debilitating one though (which made me not even think of them as migraines). They are mostly a dull pain.. and are migraines as well. Crap. The book mentioned a diet to avoid triggers. We all know te common ones but there are apparently more. The book should be arriving soon. One thing it mentions is journaling food, activities, sleep etc. We all know how I feel about journaling! haha.. However, I am giving it a go.. again.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

You can do it. Small price to pay to get better. I have decided to stop tracking my food for a while, but intend to continue to journal it. In other words, I won't be using myFitnesspal for a while I am just going to use my MDA journal.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you on the journaling - it's by no means my favorite. Perhaps it will help if you think of it only as a short-term thing? Wish I had more/better advice to help with all of your issues! Hang in there. If there's anything I can do, please let me know!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have been working on my classroom. Over the summer it got a paint job and the boards rearranged so the seating faces a better direction. Needless to say, its like a whole new classroom and I am starting over. I still have much to do but I like the progress so far.

I have been journaling for 3 days. I am doing an amish journal though so I can write on the go and not forget. Sketchy or non-paleo items get a box around them so I can see the frequency of certain items like dairy. I am finishing up the last of the half and half and then I will switch to coconut milk and cut off from cheese entirely. I have also started rereading the basic paleo diet book again. I still do not have my primal book back so I am making do with the Cordain Paleo book. So much of it is the same anyway. I like the transition part of the book though doing from 20% non paleo food to 15% to one meal a week. I think I am at the 20% but well on my way to 15% or less.

So, an interesting observation.. a welcome one. For breakfast I had 2 beef burgers, one slice of cheese and an apple. I did not realize lunch had come and gone.. what a great feeling to not be hungry all the time.. damn wheat and potatoes do you no favors!

I have not started lifting weights and such yet but they are ready to go now to gather some gumption and start!

My prozac was also uppered to 40mg a couple of days ago. Not sure if its making a difference yet though. Still on the nasal sprays and raspy of voice. The doc has said I need to live with the throat and voice because my vocal chords are scarred. He said to keep hydrated and use throat drops
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well, as to whether or not the prozac is working, I would tell you that this is one of your more positive sounding ones in a long time.

Congrats on passing lunch with no hunger! Glad to see you are journaling, it is such an important piece of information.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    UGH, back to school already? I still have one more month of vacation.

I hope the Prozac works well for you. I felt too sleepy on 40 so I moved back to 20mg.

I'm basically doing the same program as Cordain's Paleo Diet. Whole 30 is hard core Paleo.