Page 174 of 622 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 6211

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 174

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok.. after doing more research.. potatoes are sabotaging me. So.. I need to get back to basics... Primal basics for weightloss.

Starting tomorrow (because I have screwed up today.. have no data):

carbs: 50g or less (increased veggies, no grains, potatoes, sugar, limited fruit, REALLY watch the dairy)
    Protein- I am not limiting it at this time.
    Fats- I am going to try and keep it 75-100g (This may be adjusted later.. we will see)
    My weights have been moved to my house so I need to start some lifting and start walking in the evenings (I am a bump on a pickle these days and ALWAYS sleepy.. why am I waking at 4am?)

I am though starting the right eating with dinner tonight. I have a chicken in the crock pot with carrots, celery and onions. I think a salad on the side would be appropriate.

On a plus side..

I have been crafting my little heart out. Over the past few days I have been cleaning, straightening, organizing, taking a break to craft, cleaning, straightening, organizing, taking a break to craft etc. I have back to school items for my team, birthday cards for them this year and some new signage for my classroom done and waiting to be laminated. My classroom has been painted this summer so its like a new room. They have also moved my boards, smartboard and projector. Basically the whole room is being altered so I have some new items for the wall.

My house is also almost ready for company that is coming Thursday. Keeping it ready is the challenge. There are a few things I will not even attempt until Wed (Lily's room etc.).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Allrighty!!!! I am excited for you. It always feels good when you lay down the law at the beginning of a program like this. The anticipation of feeling better tends to carry me through the first few weeks. Good Luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Today was pretty successful. Breakfast was a SF ice mocha with half and half, eggs with ham and cheese and a little cottage cheese. Lunch was skipped because it was a late breakfast. Dinner ehhh.. pizza hut salad with a little cottage cheese and lots of veggies, crustless pizza. Ok.. pizza hut is not real successful but in my defense.. I finished emptying a storage unit and did lots of heavy lifting loading and unloading the truck in no A/C and 105 degree temps. I was so hot that the thought of coming in and making something was just not possible. It was nice to sit in AC and have them bring me glass after glass of ice tea. I consider today pretty successful because I did not have sugar and grains. My fat and carbs were in acceptable limits.

Reflection: dairy is a trigger for me I think. I have switched to half and half instead of HWC because I find I fly through the fats on some days if I do not. I need to cut the cheese and when my half and half is out I need to switch back to coconut milk. The problem is the carbs will get you with that unlike cream or half and half. UGH! My goal is to get more to a whole 30<adapted>. I plan on keeping butter in and for now stevia/sweet n low but for sure nightshades have to go. I probably need to lose the sweet n low first and then use stevia sparingly.
    Karin

x2.. I am da lucky one
    Karin

They love ya!

Have your tried the dairy free primal creamer? I have made it with "light" coconut milk, because that is what they sell at Trader Joes and it is just coconut milk and water, and it is really good.

http://followingmynose.com/2010/10/a...offee-creamer/ very yummy
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-23-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: fix link?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I think I am a magnet! Thanks Chris! I am looking into it as we "speak".
    Karin

you are just the popular girl!

oh good, hope it works.
    Chris
    Unknown

Today was a pretty good day as well. Not a whole 30 day but a primal day. I still have half and half so whole 30 starts when that is gone I can then, experiment with the coconut creamer that sounds awesome. Spent time in the pool today. Also spent time working in my bedroom (organizing and rearranging to accomodate the space better).

To do before Thursday:
    carpets in entry way, my room, Lily's room and hall
    SCRUB floors in kitchen and bath
    working on my wall art for the bathroom (I found an old 6 glass windowpane I am revamping)
    clean Lily's room and put fresh linens for Grammy on the bed.
    dust & vacuum thursday AM

the list does not seem so bad but its still a little daunting.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Job on the food. I have a list of chores to do this week too. My SIL, niece and two nephews are coming on Friday for the weekend.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Having a good start in the food dept today. I have been craving some serious sugar yesterday but plan on dodging that bullet today. Stepmom arrives this evening.. yeah!! Chores are almost done Carpets are shampooed.. one more floor to mop.. still working on laundry but other than that.. I think we are good to go. Lily's room is beautiful (for the moment- next week is another story).

Brunch today:
    onions, red peppers, mushrooms, ham, slice of cheese and 3 eggs all scrambled together.. YUMMM Not whole 30 yet..
    Karin