Page 173 of 622 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6214

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 173

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    a friend was telling me about the best cleaner for the bathroom/shower but I am tempted to use it to scrub the kitchen floor.. especially under the fridge. You heat vinegar and mix it with equal parts of the original Dawn dishwashing liquid.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I use vinegar & peroxide to clean. Good stuff (except for the smell).

I'm a clean rather than neat, DH wants both, mom wants neat.
    -- Ruth

I need neat then clean..clutter drives me nuts.. hence my issue with Lily's room. Plus, i can not clean if its all cluttered.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 07-17-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: clarity
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just don't look in the kids rooms. Problem is we have company coming this week and people have to stay in DD's room, which currently you cannot see the floor in. She is chaperoning a mission trip all week. I have already let her know if I have to clean it I will be charging her hourly!

The thing about neat, is that DH will eventually take matters into his own hands and put things away, he will NOT clean. Which is fine, he works at least 6 days a week 12 hours a day, I work 4 days for 3 hours a day.

I am a clorox girl myself. Although, If you put your broiler pan in a garbage bag with paper towels and ammonia, seal it, leave it over night, then carefully-watch the fumes-wipe it with the paper towels, leave the towels in the bag, wash the pan with soap and water (no scrubbing necessary) it ends up looking like brand new. I do this to parts of my gas stove about 3 times a year. Of course not on the same day as I am using the bleach!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I have got to get on program.. any program would do at this point. I seldom eat grains but I do eat potatoes (probably should stop), I have REALLY reduced my sugar but have some occasionally. I am eating only when I am hungry (usually)but not always stopping when hunger is abated. The scale has not moved, which is good and bad I suppose.

On a positive note, one storage unit is almost done and SHOULD be empty by Saturday. Then, next week is busy and we will continue to work on the last unit. My calendar is booking fast with appointments, meetings, luncheons etc. already and school has not even begun yet.

I have been reading dig out of debt by the living on a dime folks and it has some great ideas for saving time and money that are helping now and will help this next year with organization and planning.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great Job on the storage units. That will feel great when it is done.

I'll have to check out the debt book. I need to work on that too.

I have their cookbook "Dining on a Dime" I like it a lot, recipes are very good basic (not primal, not diet, just basic).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

oh the first unit is almost done.. happy dance.. we will be done by Saturday!!

Feeling a bit stressed.. got the results back from Lily's testing. I am working on getting her a 504 because of the results and her issues at school. Not looking forward to the process though.
    Karin

good luck withe the 504 process, hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

congrats on your progress with the storage units!
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Observations:

1. I am a fair redhead that burns. I did burn this spring. In the past when burn is gone, the white girl emerges again. HOWEVER, I have had a few comments about how tan I am this summer. I have been primal for a year. I currently seldom use sunscreen because I do not sit in direct sun (I sit in the shade at the pool etc.). Even so, I am tanner than I have ever been. Could it be my body is getting enough vit D. Isn;t that what Mark says? I am not taking D3 though.. I am taking no vitamins, just trying to eat the right foods.

2. My craving for sugar is waning I think. Tranistioning to fruit has been helpful and I have been even weaning on the fruit so as not to overload on natural sugar.

3. Yesterday was not perfect. On the go I grabbed some popcorn chicken but until then, I was rockin the day. I ate dinner at 10pm though (so friggin weird for me)

4. Potatoes.. I am still on the fence. Why are they not good?? I have GOT to get my primal book back from my friend!!
    Karin