Page 171 of 541 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 5409

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 171

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What are you doing girly girl? Not heard from ya. Hoping you are spending time in the pool. Any new news on the allergy front?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    This is the most strange summer! While I would like to do other things.. have a list of things to accomplish, I am obligated to help mom clean out the storage units. This task I hate and am trying not to begrudge it. Needless to say, it is reeking havoc on my attitude. There is still so much to do so we try and work in the units EARLY in the morning before its unbearable.

Allergy testing.. yeah, its all negative. According to both the skin and blood tests, I do not have ANY allergies. WHAAAATT??? Yeah, I know.. WTF?? I go back in a couple weeks. So I did some research on this because it is unbelievable how affected I am to certain items and elements. Here is what I have found. I'm Allergic but All My Allergy Testing is Negative

"Is it possible to have allergies even if the allergy testing comes back negative?"
    The answer is absolutely yes! But how can that be?!! Well, here is the simplified answer. When allergy testing is performed whether by skin prick or blood testing (RAST or immunoCAP), one is testing to certain specific proteins known to cause allergic reactions in majority but not all patients (these are called major allergen). Patients need to remember that for a given allergy like CAT... there are millions of proteins (minor allergen) that have the potential to cause an allergic reaction. Allergy testing to cat ONLY tests for ONE of these proteins called Fel d1 as well as a few other minor allergens. As such, if a patient is CAT allergic but not to the Fel d1 protein, then the allergy testing will come back normal!
    Given this information, that's why skin testing is a bit more "accurate" when it comes to determining whether a patient has allergies or not as there are more "proteins" for a given allergen like CAT being tested than the blood test like RAST/immunoCAP which STRICTLY tests for a single protein."

UGH!! He did put me on a nasal steroid though.. since then, the drainage and nasal and chest congestion are horrible.

As for eating.. I am on the right track getting back to grain free (oh but I love popcorn every once in a while). Wheat does a number on my joints though. Also back on track with the sugar as well. I am almost back to NO SUGAR. Weight?? No change.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by John372 View Post
    Thanks Hedonist!! I have read some of the blueprint exercises today and will continue to make sure I incorporate something-anything everyday. I see I can start even with the boot. I think when I can start the gazelle sprints will be easy to fit in.
    ugh.. SHUT UP
    Karin

my mom shared an awesome iced coffee recipe with me..

take a pint or quart jar
    add coffee (or it can be instant coffee)
    sweeten as desired
    add 1 T of cocoa
    place in fridge overnight

Overnight the cocoa is absorbed and in the morning, shake, add cream and drink. Oh my.. sooo good, sooo easy and quite frankly, sooo cheap as compared to those bottled iced coffees.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the storage unit woes. I have a huge list of things to accomplish in my house this summer. So far very little has happened.

Hurray for no wheat and sugar. I'll be detoxing today.

I get so very frustrated when I have a project I want to work on and something else gets pushed in front of it. I am sure that the storage unit situation is very frustrating, hope you are taking a few minutes every day to do something for yourself.

I don't have allergies, but I have Nonallergic Rhinitis that acts like I do. I have a sensitivity to abrupt changes...in temperature, smells, air quality, etc. ie. if I am outside in the heat for a while and walk into the house (if it happens to be set to a very cool temperature) I will get allergy symptoms like stuffy nose and watery eyes.

There are also other things that create allergy like symptoms, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. So you might explore other possibilities.

While I am sad that your weight is not dropping I am happy that you are, for the most part, managing to stay away from wheat and sugar. congratulate yourself for small accomplishments!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Found this..

Scan.jpeg

A friend did a sketch of Lily and I both at age 3 and put them side by side..
    Karin

how very very sweet!
    Chris
    Unknown

So today: Oh how I wanted grains and sugar.. guess what?? I had only a little.. ate out.. grr I think I am ODing a bit on the veggies and fruit but I think of this as a grain/processed sugar detox. I have learned I can eat a whole stalk/bunch of celery in a sitting(my bowels are saying WTF), I have been eating the fresh fruit in season because lets face it, its ucky in the winter. Who can resist fresh cherries, sweet sweet strawberries not to mention nectarines and plums. I am not all about the fruit though. I have been eating the celery, carrots, brocc, cauliflower etc. I am wanting popcorn tonight though.. still. Would it be so terrible??? I have not had enough fat and protein though.. I need to probably make a salmon patty because the small chicken thigh wrapped in bacon is JUST NOT CUTTING IT.I also want fat.. so frying in butter will be a good thing. Although, I should just make some deviled eggs (its faster) and cut to the chase.. forgive my wandering pondering.

Tomorrow is mowing day for moms yard. The mower has needed some repairs and its as high as an elephants eye.. ok.. not really but the long strands here and there are about waist high. everything else is ankle high as we have had NO RAIN. My mom wonders why I do not want to wash my car in the back yard as opposed to the driveway, my response?? Because it will make the grass grow.. oh how I hate yard work. There will probably be storage unit hell as well.. ugh.. hopefully a lot can go to goodwill. We did a trash run on Saturday.. my recycle bin is full waiting for next Monday and the trash was hopelessly heavy with 3 huge boxes stuffed with trash off the to side. Hazard of 2 educators I would say. Although most of it, I am happy to say is not/was not mine.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    LOVE those pictures. That's so awesome.

I hate cleaning, but then feel so good afterward.

Hope today goes well...
    -- Ruth