Page 17 of 612 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 17

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    full fat yogurt? I am bouncing between full fat and 2%. 2% has much more protein, but full fat tastes sooooo much better. Been on 2% this week, switching back to full next week.

I am still woozy from yesterday, decided to wait a day for the yoga. doing it tomorrow! may walk tonight, but probably not, as it is Wednesday night dinner at church and that usually means we get home around 8, and then we watch Mythbusters (one thing we all enjoy) then I go to bed.

2 days without a diuretic is probably getting past 5 pounds if you really need it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

2 days without a diuretic is probably getting past 5 pounds if you really need it!
    ?? I am not sure I can come off of it.. I do not plan to go back to the dr for a med check until January. I do know my body holds liquid like no bodies business!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, some people really need them. For me, I retain water intermittently, for no apparent reason, whether or not I am on the diuretic. In other words it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or where I am in my cycle or if I am taking the pills regularly. Of course if I kept closer track I could probably figure it out. But they put me on it to help lower my blood pressure, and when I went this week she had trouble finding it and it was 100/60, so it was time for me to come off the diuretic. I am guessing my body will have some adjusting to do.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

full fat yogurt? I am bouncing between full fat and 2%. 2% has much more protein, but full fat tastes sooooo much better. Been on 2% this week, switching back to full next week.

I am still woozy from yesterday, decided to wait a day for the yoga. doing it tomorrow! may walk tonight, but probably not, as it is Wednesday night dinner at church and that usually means we get home around 8, and then we watch Mythbusters (one thing we all enjoy) then I go to bed.

The health food store down the road has 14% fat yogurt. It has a cream top- incredible!
    Karin

Today's stats:

Calories 1670
    Fat: 120 g (should be @ 93g so a bit high)
    Carbs: 20g (should be @ 50g so a bit low)
    Protein: 120g (should be @ 170g also a bit low)

craaaaap! I feel like I am cooking a recipe I can not get right. Had a late meeting so did not get the dang firewood moved.. ah well, there is always the weekend. its a 3 dayer this weekend.. whoohoo.
    Karin

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    The health food store down the road has 14% fat yogurt. It has a cream top- incredible!
    Seriously???? That is totally bad ass!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Seriously???? That is totally bad ass!
    Its eye-rolling-back-in-your-head good. However, it is not greek.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Today's stats:

Calories 1670
    Fat: 120 g (should be @ 93g so a bit high)
    Carbs: 20g (should be @ 50g so a bit low)
    Protein: 120g (should be @ 170g also a bit low)

craaaaap! I feel like I am cooking a recipe I can not get right. Had a late meeting so did not get the dang firewood moved.. ah well, there is always the weekend. its a 3 dayer this weekend.. whoohoo.
    So what foods got you to this? I am finding that to raise protein without raising the fat percentage too high that at least one of my protein sources (usually salmon at lunch) ends up being a fish. Chicken would probably be a good one as well. My breakfast source is usually heavily whey. (by the way I just saw an article that says there is now research to support Whey as a weight loss tool...Whey Protein but Not Soy Protein Supplementation Alters Body Weight and Composition in Free-Living Overweight and Obese Adults and here it is in more easily read EnglishWheytloss, Weightloss - Healthy Living How To..

Anyway, I still like my protein to be beef generally. Actually, I pretty much have the same breakfast and same lunch everyday and get my variety at dinner. This is something I picked up from my 2 extremely skinny ("naturally" ie. no diets ever and little 'exercise" just movement).
    Chris
    Unknown

So what foods got you to this?
    Here is the breakdown for 10/26. I am also up on the scale.. but I did take my diuretic this morning so I figure maybe in a couple of days I should have an accurate scale reading.
    http://www.fatsecret.com/export/8447...1026_foods.pdf
    Karin

Ok so today I was awake at 3:30a. My brain feels like mush and I am forgetting important things like.. that today is THURSDAY not FRIDAY which makes a difference in regards to schedules. Arg!

Conferences all day today- I brought my food and am staying out of the lounge as I hear they have spread chocolate candy bars all over the tables in there (pirates!)

B: 2 eggs with 1 slice bacon and green Chile, 1 c full fat yogurt, coffee with cream
    L: Ham or tuna and peas
    D: Probably ham and or cottage cheese and grapefruit (I don't know TBD)
    Karin