Page 168 of 636 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 6357

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 168

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Well.. while breakfast was on target, I forgot how long the eye appointments take so went "out" for lunch and did not make a good choice.. I am calling it a cheat meal as I am back on track tonight with chicken thighs, zucc's with dressing and a small sweet potato.

Eye appt was great for me, NO CHANGE- whoop!! Lily was not so lucky. She has a problem with her eyes she has had forever. One eye is a little near sighted and the other is EXTREMELY far sighted. So, one lens is REALLY thick. During the initial intake by the nurse discovered she is seeing double much of the time. She never said anything!! This would explain her headaches. So, there are some exercises for her eyes we will need to do. I go back in next week to get the tool to do this for her. Poor kid just can not catch a break.

So, I had to exchange my mower a couple weeks ago and yesterday finally had some time and energy to mow the lawn. I go get it out of the box thinking that I just need to attach the handlebars.. ummmm no. Its in pieces and the directions are in spanish. Yeah.. So, I hauled it back to trusty walmart and had they assemble. Getting it back in the car assembled was a lesson in creativity. But now I know it will work in the future.

After I dropped off the mower, I headed to moms to pick up stuff for the garage sale next Sat. I can not believe its almost here. This is crunch week gathering as much as possible. I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be more than one sale. Anyway, The car is taking a hiatus from the garage while I stash the goods. Lily can not bear to part with anything of her own so is having a concession stand. It is not a primal stand that is for sure. She is selling ice cold sodas, maybe some donuts/cookies. Her friend wants to make brownies to sell as well. More power to them i say. My goal is to make enough money from the sale to buy a gas grill. I miss the grill at moms house and KNOW I would use it often all year long.

Well.. waiting for the sun to go down a bit so I can mow the flippin' yard. I really hate sweat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

hmmm.. maybe I can split up the book and insert it.
    Karin

Ok.. the attachments are NOT in order if you care to read them. Check the numbering. Even with the story so short, the file was kinda big so each file is 1-2 pages.

I am in publisher hell though trying to get the copies in the right order to booklet bind them. Basically the book with be 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 x11.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    edit..on page 2 of part 3, it should be "they are" instead of "their" (wonder if they are home, as opposed to wonder if their home)

on page 1 of part 4, your friend as opposed to you friend.

Very cute! She obviously knows a whole lot about horses, and put a lot of effort into the book. Nice job.

We do booklets at work in the manner you are talking about-total PITA! Good luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Well.. throat is still sore. After 2+ weeks, this is getting old. I am researching adrenal fatigue. However, I think since taking the antidepressant I emotionally feel pretty good. I woke up at 4am again. How annoying! I got up for an hour and was then so exhausted I could not stay awake. Interesting though, if i stay in bed, I just stay awake. I get up and go sit up, it starts to hurt and I feel more tired. Thank goodness its summer and I can go back to bed. I will say though that this is the second sunday in a row I am just wiped and feel too tired to go to church.

Breakfast will be another veggie packed scramble. Its amazing these do not get old. Lunch and dinner?? I dunno. Mom is coming later I think to take Lily to the pool. I am staying home so I can work on her room. Not to mention, it does not take much time for the house to go from looking good to looking like crap. Perhaps its my perception though.

Tomorrow morning and all this week will be spent at the storage units hauling crap back to my garage for the sale on Sat.
    Karin

good grief!

1. So.. went to get the farm truck to load crap for the garage sale.. battery dead. Replaced battery.
    2. went to storage unit worked for I do not know how long.. stained ruined shirt.. inhaled so much dust.. breathing treatments tonight
    3. Truck loaded, headed to sonic for a cool drink before heading to my garage.. truck sputters.. dies.. will not idle. stranded on the side of the road. Called roadside assistance- it would be 90 min... called mechanic, he towed he into the shop. Its either a fuel filter or a fuel pump...crap.. caught shirt in truck door, ripped it. The good news is the truck is stored in the mechanics bay tonight and will probably be done tomorrow- hopefully.
    4. So hot, so tired, so dirty.. ate chinese for dinner.. egg foo young with fried rice and crab rangoons.
    5. the bath when I got home was sooo welcome...

Tomorrow on deck is getting the car ozoned.. then hopefully truck is done and more work can be done in the storage units.
    No restriction on fat and protein- not as much protein as I should have had I am sure
    no flour or sugar- utter fail
    let the carbs fall where they may- to extreme probably
    Karin

some days are just like that, luckily they tend to be few and far between, good luck today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Even though my sleep was ucky.. up at 2am, I am determined for this to be a productive and positive day. I know I am often whiney and apologize. You know, the good part is I have had wonderful primal breakfasts for the past few days to set the days up.
    Karin

Hey, if you can't whine with friends what good are they? Much better to let it out than walk around with it in the belly all day.

Sleep is a vexing issue. I am, according to the fitbit only getting between 4 and 6 hours a night, even though I am in bed between 7 and 1/2 and 8 and 1/2 hours. It was all good at the beginning of May, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened to change it. Suddenly on the 15th of May I started to wake up a dozen times a night. Changing rooms and temperatures has not helped. I thought maybe it was hormonal, but the cycle has now run its course and no change. I don't feel sleepy, I just don't get anything done. Frustrating.

Good luck with your day.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pretty productive day. Got the car all ozoned and back. TIP: a lot of cars have an internal air filter.. if your car is used, or you have not changed it in a while it is in your best interest to do so. The one in my new used car was BLACK! Not good for asthma.

Also got the truck back today.. $300 later ..grrr... The good news is we are getting closer to being ready for the sale Saturday. Hoping the nice weather holds..

So, I napped today and feel better but hope it does not negate sleep tonight.
    Karin