Page 167 of 612 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6115

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 167

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great Job Karin! What does Kombucha taste like?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So proud of you, congrats!

on the diet coke situation, I promise you that you will get to a point in the not too distant future where it will taste terrible and no longer hold sway over you. I absolutely cannot stand the taste of it anymore.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Paula, kombucha has a flavor that is not easy to describe. You can buy a bottle in a health food store to test the waters-careful of sugar. To me it was in the same taste vein as my ACV mixture.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    the sugar that is in it actually is mostly gone by the time the process is done because the active cultures feed on it.

Kombucha DOES taste similar the ACV vein but so much better. While you would not drink ACV straight, kombucha is good. I have been making it with some herbal teas but mostly you will find it made with black tea. It is recommended for black tea. Its got a lot of the good gut stuff in that keeps you balanced. I have made some blueberry kombucha, some blackberry acai kombucha and some middle eastern herbal kombucha. The teas I use are mostly decaffeinated because I want to be able to have it at anytime and it not affect my sleep... which still sucks.. awake from 2-3:30a last night.

so last night before bed the evil sugar tooth fairy came lurking.. My choice was to eat a little pork rib sans sauce instead. Victory!

Went to the farmers market in my little town yesterday.. the egg lady was absent so I must buy some eggs at the store However the summer squash from last night as well as some beets (I have yet to prepare) came from there. Thinking my morning scramble this morning might have a little bacon (for flavor), onion, zucc, garden onion and a splash of cheese with a couple of eggs and some left over summer squash on the side. That makes for 4 veggies for the morning. I know I had IF'd in the morning but it seems with school being out I want to snack and graze through my day. I think breakfast is helping in that regard. Sooo I may go back to IFing breakfast when school starts again.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I was thinking of the sugar in the store bought version, not the homemade one. And yes tons better than the ACV.

I don't think it counts, at least in my mind, as an IF if I get calories from HWC, which I do, because I have both coffee and green tea with it in the morning. But I don't think I do well skipping meals, I am not actually trying to, I just don't like the idea of food this early in the morning. I could go back to my morning smoothie, if I strike out to towards the program Paula is working on.

If'ing definitely makes it harder to get those veggies in! and a breakfast scramble is a great way to do that.
    Chris
    Unknown

Craaaaap.. its already 7pm and skipped dinner. Not good as I am starting to feel empty. I might just make some salmon patties again (they are fast, easy and delicious). Yesterday I made homemade tartar sauce (mayo, dilly pickles and a bit of dill weed). It all went great and I even forgot to count the pickle as a vegetable..LOL

Today: 2nd day of my daughter on Adderall. She decided this morning she was writing a book. She researched and wrote and wrote, illustrated, typed, did some editing (I helped a little as well as scanned in the pics). It is so cute. Its just a short story about a horse new to the stables making friends with the other horses. At this time, its a first installment. If I could figure out how to add an adobe file I would let you read it.
    Karin

oooo I see.. her book file is to big for what is allowed on the forum. If you are interested send me an email or a message through FB
    Karin

Yesterday

No restriction on fat and protein- Check
    no flour or sugar- small amount a sugar (1tsp)
    let the carbs fall where they may Check

Breakfast scramble this morning with 2 veggies.

Well slept until 4am this morning, a little progress I think. This early AM wake up crap sucks because I am almost dead on my feet come 8:30pm and by 9pm my brain is mush!!

Eye dr appointments for Lil and me.. still need to get garage sale crap gathered.. only have a week left *le sigh*
    Karin

I would love to see the story, but my computer is so old I am certain the file would either take all day to down load or it would crash my computer all together. I will get a new one once DS gets his for college but that is a year away.

It is impressive that she stuck with it to completion, and has plans for it to be a series. Maybe she has found her niche, her special talent that each of us has, but often don't find, how fun!

When I make a salmon patty I usually just put a smear of mayo on it then sprinkle it with dill weed.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, how awesome on the book and series. I remember that when I was little, I was VERY creative. Always telling stories. Somewhere along the line, that ability got smashed down so hard that I no longer think it exists. You are a good mom to nurture it!

What's on the deck for today?