Page 166 of 614 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 166

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Karin, I think it is probably a good idea to limit what to focus on. Picking those 3 things will help you narrow down your issues, and they are easy to remember. I have trouble with the sugar and flour as well.

I am having sleep issues as well. Weird because they came up suddenly. The beauty of the fitbit for me is the ability to see the situation over time. I want to see if it is related to weight. I have sleep apnea, so a very little amount of extra weight can send me over the edge. I think that my weight went up just before I started to have problems. So we will see if the problems go away when the weight drops again. I think that 250ish is the critical turning point.

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? just curious.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Perimenopause really screws with your sleep patterns, and if you are in your late thirties to upper forties you are probably in perimenopause. It just sucks that it can last for ten years in some individuals!

As far as the cigarette smoke odor in the car, Odoban does a great job killing it. If you can't find that, do not overlook the power of baking soda to neutralize odors.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I did ok with the no flour but not sugar. I remember thinking "I need something sweet because its time " boredom?? Possibly. Today is a new day :

No restriction on fat and protein
    no flour or sugar
    let the carbs fall where they may

Breakfast off to a good start I think.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It is way harder than I would have thought to give up the flour and sugar. It was actually easier for me to give up meat when I became a vegetarian. It has been fairly easy to give up grains in general, things like pasta, rice, etc. But flour and sugar are definitely tougher.

Hang in there we can do it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

well.. I was kinda proud of myself.. lunch went well.. awesome egg salad in lettuce leaves, dinner and on.. ugh! So my kid likes beanie weenies.. I had a bite.. since being primal I quit eating beans, this was the first taste since and eww GROSS! I made homemade kettle corn for my daughter tonight for the 1st time, had to taste test it. Who can eat just one? PSH!!

On a plus side, my daughter ate a scrambled egg. Before you go "Big WHOOP", let me just say it is. Trying to get her to eat eggs (a good protein) has been tough. I know part of it is texture issues and I have prepared them a variety of ways for her. Today though I used a lot of butter, scrambled it (eggs need to be wet not dry) and put some salt on top. The girl snarfed it down to my surprise. She always tells me she does not want eggs, but every now and then I ask and offer again (hoping something will change). Not sure how often this will be repeated but now we both know how she likes them.

Headache this evening.. it started earlier in the day. Hoping I sleep well because I am walking at 7am.
    Karin

ya win some and ya lose some, it is all about the process, congrats on your successes.
    Chris
    Unknown

awake at 3:30-5am ish.. My throat hurts and my nose is stuffy. These allergies suck. I get so tired of "feeling" sick. My plan today is if I am feeling that need for sugar I am going to try and appease it with more protein. I also have a small sweet potato I plan to have with dinner today as well.
    Karin

Checking in midway because I am analyzing my day.

B: egg scramble with 3 oz steak, onions, zucchini, mushrooms and a spot of cheese- DELISH!
    L: @ 5oz country rib with a little bbq sauce (not SF- damn it.. just realized I had sugar!), green beans, zuc slices with a little cesar dressing

so much for off to a good start. I have not had any flour though which is a plus.. tempted but did not give in.

Dinner tonight will probably be a salmon patty with egg, celery, green onion, maybe some zuc, onion. I might add a small sweet potato. No salad fixings or I would add one of those. Maybe a frozen veg..maybe not.

On a side note, while some veggies repeat I count:7 I might have some orange slices for dessert/snack (only because I have an abundance of them. mom brought some buy and Lil does not eat them much).

This whole thing needs to be one day at a time.. I will weigh sunday and do some measurements (have not done measuring in many many moons).
    Karin

I count it as one of my veggies even if it is a very scant amount. I think a hint of sugar in the bbq sauce is different than say a sugar cookie, so it is a start. It is good that you caught it, so if nothing else you are becoming more aware.
    Chris
    Unknown

so dinner was AWESOME salmon patties (salmon, egg, onion, garden onion, celery) then a side of summer squash.

I hit 3 AWESOME meals today.. how did this happen? I dunno.. my body is in shock! Happy but in shock

I also am brewing new batches of Kombucha.. and have fresh bucha in the fridge. I did have a diet coke today.. but its the only one I have had in weeks.
    Karin