Page 165 of 637 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 165

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ruth- ooo sorry you missed breakfast.. I added some ham, zucchini a "bit" of cheese and garden onions to those fresh eggs..yum!

Before I ate.. I stepped on the scale. Down 5 pounds.. what??? I was not even trying. I am not going out of my way to ensure there is enough fat in my diet. I KNOW I will always have enough but I do not "try", ya know? I have not stayed away from the sugary stuff completely.. I have had little to no wheat, but I have had some popcorn last night. I am drinking plenty of fluids (iced coffee, tea and kool-aid with stevia). I half have that mentality that Paula and Chris have spoken of on how I do not deserve that 5 pound loss, or that its like a lottery.. hooray I win. UGH! So screwed up with food thinking..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just do not understand why, if you are "good" you don't lose weight, and if you are "bad" sometimes you don't gain weight. I think it is because we don't really know what "good" and "bad" are. And I have lost the ability to read what my body wants, I am gonna work at that skill, because I really think it is a life long maintenance necessity. I often do better when I don't "try". Thus my success with the Paul McKenna method. Wish I had not given away that book/cd, rats.

I agree with Ruth, for me, calories do count. I can lose weight if I consistently hold to between 1400 and 1700 calories, but I can't hold that if I am doing low-fat, or vegetarian, or even high fat or low carb, as the hunger/nutritional deficit eventually drags me into the pantry. High levels of movement, in the past, has actually been the opposite of helpful. But that is because I felt forced. Now I am just working to accomplish something, I have so many "projects" I want to do, I just want to do them.

So I am back to McKenna, gotta learn to listen to the body.

p.s. congrats on the loss.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

yesterday was a lazy day.. then I went to moms for dinner. Overall I ate "OK", could have been better but no serious binging. Sleep last night was on and off.. so frustrating. This afternoon I am taking Lil to the pool.

On a side note I think the anxiety has decreased but I am not sure what its been replaced with.. apathy? UGH!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. I hear you on the sleep!!!!!! I swear if I could figure that out, a big portion of my issues would be solved.

Happy pool time. It's summer vacation now???
    -- Ruth

Billings32 is offline Junior Member
    No need for running on Primal except in sprints and for play.
    Last edited by Billings32; 06-04-2012 at 06:51 AM.

YES.. summer vacation started last week! I am amazed how tired I am..
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    According to my fitbit, the first week I got it I was sleeping well, then it suddenly dropped to about a 60% efficiency. NOt sure what happened. Thought it was the house temperature, moved upstairs where it is cooler, and it made no difference. I don't have allergies, but I think I am having some sinus issues. Last night, my nose was clear, but I could feel pressure in my sinuses sort of under my eyes. So I am going to start "flushing" my sinuses with salt spray twice a day and see if that helps.

I totally agree if sleep was taken care of, the situation would take care of itself.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I am not using my fitbit to monitor sleep.. it is painfully obvious when I am awake at night. Like last night, I was awake for about 2 hours. It seems I go through bouts of sleeplessness. I am really wondering if it is not hormonal. When I went to talk to the doc about the antidepressant, I asked if it could just be hormones. His response was to ask me if my menstral cycle had changed, no? Its not hormonal. So.. crap.

Today I am on the run.. 1st round of touch ups for the car, doing some house sitting for mom as well this afternoon I really want to shampoo the interior of the car. I think I am the only one that smells the smokey smell. So.. I am going to try and shampoo it out. I have had coffee grounds in the car for about a week and while it has helped a bit.. I still wrinkle my nose when I get in. Why did I not say something when I bought the car?? Probably because he wiped it down with something that masked the odor before the test drive. I will be saying something today though.

I like Chris's idea of:
    no restrictions on fat and protein
    no added sugars or flours- this is a toughie for me.
    lets the carbs fall where they may

I figure for now if I stick to these 2 things until I have a handle on them I will be in good shape and then can modify and tweak. I am proud to say though that I about have the diet coke thing kicked- again. Yes, again.. I have substituted for something better, I think. I make koolaid with stevia. Is Koolaid the best option?? I dunno.. probably. Does it have less chemicals and harmful ingredients.. YUP!

Anywho.. I think I will report on the above 3 daily. I suck at tracking.. no not going there (at least at this time). My thinking is this.. when working with a food addiction.. work on the addiction first.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Changing of the menstral cycle happens due to hormonal changes. So that was an idiotic man question. Just Sayin'
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your sleep still may be effected by your horomones even though your cycle has not changed. This subject is way over the heads of most docs and CW endos. You really need a good hack to get to the bottom of it. I've been having similar issues, but I know mine is horomonal. I have Kaiser and all their CW crap is the suck, so I just do my own thing and keep at it much like you are. One thing I've read is very important for sleep is DHEA level and these drop off majorly after 30yrs old. You can order 7-keto DHEA online - it may help - but do your research first as you are the expert when it comes to your body! Best of luck - lying awake for 3-4 hrs at night is also really stressfull!