Page 162 of 617 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6161

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 162

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    a nap poolside sounds like it is in order!

Thrilled the website is something you can use. She wrote a cute note in the cookbook, seems like really nice people.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    well..today..

Lily had a counseling session but 1/3 of that time, I used.. yeah..kind of lost it. Lack of sleep, stress, and on top of that, I do not think this is allergies, I think I have a cold.. and feel like doo doo.

However, being up most of the night I was doing research on finances and trying to get more bang from my buck. In other words, where can I shave and save some money. The car payment was a huge bite.. along with the gas it takes to fill it. So I began researching.. called my loan officer first thing, told him the issue and he set the wheels in motion to get me a super low rate and help me find a car I could trade for and have a more reasonable payment. He is awesome. So.. thats what I did.. yup.. bought a car and traded my 08 town and country, low miles 20mpg highway in for a 07 nissan altima (its pretty and kinda sporty actually), low miles, 35 mpg highway. I will have much better gas milage and a lower payment. With the payment and the gas savings I am looking at @ $280/month savings on average. Not too shabby.. I still need to be frugal though.

I am exhausted.. I forgot how LONG it takes to buy a car...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, good for you. That was a smart move. I need to do the same. My husband isn't working full time right now and my income barely cuts it for a family of 5.

PS, cute car

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wow, good for you. That was a smart move. I need to do the same. My husband isn't working full time right now and my income barely cuts it for a family of 5.

PS, cute car
    I have had a good relationship with my credit union and loan officer for almost 20 yrs so going to talk to him..i figured i had nothng to lose. He was so helpful and got the ball rolling fast. I need to send him a thank you note btw. Talk to your loan officer..cant hurt
    Karin

wow, way to be decisive! Congrats on the savings. And cute car.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay for better gas mileage! Good thinking.

thank you. It goes back next week for some touch ups. Getting used to less space as well. I used to be able to haul about anything in the van. LOL Oh well.. I will use the farm truck if I must haul.

so today: woke still feeling puny, but I slept better. I woke 2 times in the night.. not just woke and went back to sleep.. woke and was up. Less than 5 min but its still annoying. The counselor yesterday suggested I talk to my doctor about an antidepressant to help deal with anxiety and stress. The melt down I had showed me where my daughter gets her anxiety. I know that antidepressants help people but I do not want to have to take one. I am so used to be able to just "handle it". Why can I "not" all of the sudden?

I have not eaten yet.. not really hungry. I made a birthday card for the kid of a friend instead. Pool time is in order today.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-30-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: clarification..
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I understand your feelings on the anti depressant thing. I'm about a week in on Prozac and still feel weird about it. No big miraculous changes either, but of course I am in the throes of TOM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I know it seems harsh (but please don't take it that way), but I can't help but grin a little that you ended up getting counseled at your daughter's counseling session.

I will tell you the same thing I told Paula. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Depression can be a chemical imbalance. No amount of counseling or PMA is gonna fix that. I did Prozac for almost a year. At the same time (and this may actually be what you really need) I also did an antidepressant (I can never remember the name of it), but I took it to teach my body how to get into a deep sleep. For what ever reason, I was not getting enough and they decided that was most likely the reason for the anxiety and depression issues. I think I ended up with taking a on tenth dose right at bed time, I remember it was supposed to be 600mg (or whatever the unit was) as the lowest dose, and I took 60. So maybe if you take care of the sleep issues the others will fall into place.
    Chris
    Unknown