Page 161 of 622 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6211

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 161

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    UGH.. working with my budget. You would think with a major in math I would not suck at the budget. I guess I love the abstract element of math and not so much the reality math. So.. I am either going to have to IF more.. or just give up the primal aspect. Crap..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have that umbrella in blue. They seem more awesome than the atually are though and at ~$40 each, there are cheaper options that work as well. I think your math problem probably has more to do with wants and emotions than your ability to add/subtract - I've never found a way to acurately mix emotions with numbers - like that Mastercard add. We all need to find cheaper ways to make being happy = priceless

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Maybe a farmer's market and sales? You gotta do what you can though
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I just need to be more careful with the budget and get strict with myself and Lily.
    Karin

I have never been good at budgeting. Money has never been that important to me. What that translates to is that when I was younger I just charged it, paid double the minimum monthly payment on the credit bills, and went merrily about my way, figuring it would work itself out. Not a good plan. These days, it is easier since we have 2 paychecks coming in, and well, I am much less interested in things than I was then. The kids complicate things though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

so.. up at 3am this morning. The sore throat woke me. So... I took some benedryl (hoping that would take care of the drainage and knock me out). While I waited for the benedryl to kick in I did a couple loads of laundry and folded clothes. Went back to sleep about 4am.. up at 6:30a (mom was suppose to come over and go walking but no showed- I didn't feel good anyway).

Drinking coffee this morning. While it should be tea and honey.. I am out of honey so I figure coffee is just as good.

As for the food budget.. I think I am going to have to do more canned fish (tuna, salmon, sardines)because it is pretty affordable. I also thought it would be good to make some bone broth soup with veggies at least once a week.. that is pretty cheap and easy as well. Eggs are also pretty affordable and eating more eggs is not a bad thing either. I am good until payday but when payday hits.. so does the new budget guidelines for me.

Chris- its the little things that add up.. the stopping to grab a bite while running around, the impulse buys at the store etc. On the other hand, this is a good way to cut down on the non-primal foods for Lily in the house. While Little Debbies are cheap, they add up. The cost of 2 boxes of little D's equal a nice size bag of oranges.
    Karin

My rule for the kids junk, mostly, is that they have to make it if they want sweets. I know that this would be harder with Lily, but it is cheaper to make a dozen cookies than to buy little debbies. Plus you can make the dough and just bake a couple of cookies in the toaster oven. Or cupcakes, you can freeze (put some sort of cream or icing in the center instead of on top). You can of course make all of these Primal, but given budget constraints, at least homemade is better than processed. Also I find baked goods can be a great way to sneak in some healthy stuff like pureed veggies and fruits. And Smoothies disguised a milk shakes are good too. Plus you can add orange peels to brewed tea and flavor it that way and get some benefits of the vitamin C.

I used to live by this website...Frugal Living - Save Money And Get Out Of Debt - Living on a DimeŽ - Frugal Living, Money Saving Tips, Debt Free Living, Free Recipes I actually have her cookbook and still use it often, the recipes are good down home basic and yummy as well as cheap.

It is also easier for me if I just stay out of the stores (especially Target!), unless I am on a time crunch-in which case I go strictly by my list and don't roam around trying to figure out what else I "need".
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris- I am loving that website!!! So much going into play ASAP! Thanks bunches!

Pretty good day today.. darn throat and got an issue "south" as well.. maybe I did catch a bug after all. Dang it. I have been on a healthy streak for SO LONG!

Good day of eating as well.
    B: 2 eggs with bacon, onion and mushroom
    late lunch: I bbq'd the BEST burgers and some all beef hotdogs (typically its the only meat my daughter eats.. more on this later), kickin pot. salad, I made sweet tater chips that I just forgot about and left at moms- ugh and had fresh cukes.. YUM..

Ok.. back to the kid. She is off meds for a couple weeks because we are trying to get to the bottom of her headaches. So off meds the girl is eating like a truck driver. She ate 3 pancakes for breakfast plus some cereal, for lunch she ate 1 1/2 hamburgers (she never eats them) and a hot dog and a bunch of cukes and a huge helping of peas and carrots. I did not tell her that she ate primal.. why ruin a good thing..LOL
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by killme View Post
    I am on my 2nd icing since coming home. 1x per hour for 15 minutes. I have to admit.. as much as I hate ice, it feels good so what does that tell you??! LOL
    go away.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    awake at midnight and still awake at 3am.. tomorrow will suck.
    Karin