Page 160 of 624 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6235

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 160

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today:

B: fabu! Sautee mushrooms and scallions in ghee.. add kale and cook a little more.. pop in 3 eggs and cook slow.. BIG YUM
    L: yeah, let us not speak of roller food shall we?
    D: awesomeness meatloaf (beef, eggs, marinara sauce- bacon on top), green beans with sautéed onion and MORE bacon..

Lets check the veggie count shall we?? 5 + a banana I ate.. better than I have done in a while.

Took Lil to the pool (opening day). It was fun.. I had my large umbrella because the last thing I need is more sun right now. You know, the pool is not real fancy.. 2 boards and a slide.. but its nice to have so close. It is literally 3 blocks from my house. I told Lil that we will go most days.. as many as we can. It opens at 1pm and closes at 6pm. I need to remember to bring my cooler of goodies though. Not only are refreshments expensive, but most of it is crap. Lily is excited about getting some ants on a log (I bought some sunbutter yesterday).

Ok.. strange but true fact.. I have come to love unsweetened kool-aid. I make it and dont even want stevia in it.. how weird is that? Its a nice change from the tea or plain water.. still zero calories and yes, probably the artificial things are not so great but wow.. in the grand sceme of things.. really? Also, the way I look at it, its better than diet soda. So.. I am defensive for no reason I know. LOL

Just got to thinking.. this will be so strange when a spam bot gets a hold of it..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    The pool sounds good. [Of course, I say that, and I never go to our pool -- either the one 3 blocks away or the one at our gym -- though I always say I'm going to].

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!
    you should!!!
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG I wish we had a town pool. The closest one to us is not opening this year due to damage.
    It is so nice because all of Lily's little friends come (their parents buy them memberships too.. cheap babysitting I guess). Bummer about your local pool though In Wichita, a lot of neighborhood pools closed (expensive) and they put in water fountain type things that require no supervision or lifeguards. The water turns on and off automatically and is recycled. There was talk of them doing this to our pool because I guess they lose money on it every year.. but I think it is so important to the community.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Great gathering places. DH was the lifeguard at his neighborhood pool through high school.

Congrats on the veggies! what is roller food?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Great gathering places. DH was the lifeguard at his neighborhood pool through high school.

Congrats on the veggies! what is roller food?
    food on hot rollers at a convience store.. eek..
    Karin

wow, you are brave! Not sure how hungry I would have to be to eat roller food.

Gosh if you can take a cooler into the pool, you are set. You could make some of the homemade ranch dressing, and chop veggies and munch to your heart's content. Throw in some beef jerky and flavored waters and it could really keep you on the straight and narrow.

Do you read or can you do crafts while you sit there?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris- I have many books to read this summer so I am not bored by any means.

This morning: throat is sore again. I think its allergies (hope its just allergies). I had to pop a cough drop early this morning as well as take some benedryl for the itching shoulders and neck. To look at it, you would not know they were burned so bad. I think I am healing at the cellular level though. I am making some tea with honey for the throat. I should be thinking about breakfast too.
    Karin

ooo, I wasn't thinking you would be bored! I was thinking how jealous I am!
    Chris
    Unknown

umbrella.jpegLily had a good time and I think she is excited and thrilled at the prospect of going almost daily. I told her there may be a time or two when it was not possible but other than that?? We are pool bound in the afternoon! I want this umbrella though.. its huge..
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sweet! seems like it would be a smart investment for a red-head!
    Chris
    Unknown