Page 159 of 614 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 159

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay! we always have a 1.5 weeks of exams after the kids are done, but I teach HS so I guess it is different. I have 4 weeks left, but only 12 actual days with students.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yay! we always have a 1.5 weeks of exams after the kids are done, but I teach HS so I guess it is different. I have 4 weeks left, but only 12 actual days with students.
    I dont understand exams afteer the kids are gone..is this grading or do kids come back just for exams?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

HS kids come back just for exams. For my 11th grade son, classes end on June 12th. He has to go back in on the 13th, 14th and 15th,4 hrs each day for state exams.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Oh wow..the kids in KS grades 3-12 do state exams between Feb - April.
    Karin

We do January and June. January is for making up failures. It is not a great system. The last exam is the morning before graduation. Kids have been told at graduation rehearsal that they will not be graduating after all.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    eeek. Our HS seniors actually finish their exams a week before the rest of the school. Not really great either, for the most part many of them suddenly have a lot of free time and tend to roam around the school, like they can't quite let go. But then there are no surprises on graduation morning either.

The rest of the HS has their exams the last week of school, 2 a day, DS finished his last yesterday morning, and is happily sleeping in today!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So not a bad eating day yesterday.. but also not perfect. Last night's dinner was zucchini nubs with ground beef, sauce and parm cheese. My daughter with her silly macaroni's thought it was funny. It was delish and easy!

Interesting Dr. appointment for the girl yesterday.. we go back in a few weeks for some testing. It will be a long appointment..*le sigh*

Today the pool in town opens. I think I will take the girl (I have my sunscreen and umbrella ready because while vit D is good for some, the sun is NOT my friend and I am still healing). I have noticed a serious decline of steps in just being out of school for one day. Going to get back to walking the town. I also hit a couple garage sales yesterday and got a couple weightlifting/curling bars so I can work on deadlifts and squats. I have various bar bells already.
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Is it too far to walk to the pool? With a good sunscreen you could also walk in the pool, adds a little resistance to your step without any stress to the joints.

p.s. thanks for the pep talk, I am much better today after a good night's sleep.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

OMG I wish we had a town pool. The closest one to us is not opening this year due to damage.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The pool sounds good. [Of course, I say that, and I never go to our pool -- either the one 3 blocks away or the one at our gym -- though I always say I'm going to].

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!
    -- Ruth