Page 157 of 621 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 6205

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 157

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ok.. so far so good.. I think. I have gotten 7+ fruits and veg today though.. so there is a plus.

so far:

1031 cal
    70f
    61 carb
    31 p

so this tells me for dinner I should have more protein, little carbs (maybe a salad or some spinach) and light on the fat.. yes??

trying to think what would fit the bill here..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I would saute a big piece of white fish or chicken and cut it up and serve it over a nice salad. This is my go to meal. You could marinate the chicken to give it more flavor.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ummmm..* le sigh* smh

Drudging...I mean moving on

I started 2 batches of kombucha..have not had any in over a month. I split the mother so not sure the result. I am going to marinate some kale tomorrow for kale chips. I think i will do one with co aminos and then maybe one with a little lousiana red in it .
    Karin

skipping food in the morning is making it very difficult for me to get all my fruit and veggies in. I may have to drop my goal to 7 on those days.

Maybe today you could take a nap, I bet the sleep is the issue.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I think sleep is an issue and I think I have about hit the wall. Typically the first week of summer break I am worthless as I am sleepy or sleeping.. the end is near. Although I was up at 3:30a. Why would I be waking up if I am tired?? Yesterday I rested. I took about a 20 min nap, if that but just chillaxed. I felt better. Eating was utter crap though.

today: B: 3 eggs
    L: pot roast, brussell sprouts and salad
    D: not a clue.. if I am not hungry I may just IF. Although I plan to mow the lawn, I will probably need food. lol Salmon patties with spinach will do in a pinch.

so I made kale chips this weekend.. blech.. the flavor is fine but they are not crisp. They were crisp in the dehydrator but as soon as I let them cool a bit to store, the texture changed. Summer is about in Kansas and with it the crazy humidity.

3 1/2 days with kids and then DONE!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for the end of school. I have 13 with kids then 8 days of exams.

DS has 4 more days as a Junior in HS. 2 exams a day and a couple of projects later and we are going to be deep into College application mode. ARGH.

My fitbit is telling me I am having crappy sleep. Odd because I feel reasonable. I would think it is way off or I was doing something wrong as far as how I am using it except the first week I had it the thing recorded that I had great sleep.

I really think you should put your emphasis on getting good sleep, do whatever it takes at least until school is out.
    Chris
    Unknown

So.. I am hungry.. empty and I have had lunch. poop! This morning I walked away from candy and cookies this morning. I have had almost 60 oz of fluids.. I even had 4 veggies so far... I know what this is though, its a sugar withdrawal.. its ugly.. makes me feel ugly too. poop!
    Karin

sugar is insidious. I am going to look at it the same way I stopped smoking. I am not quitting, just stopping for now - today, when I start back is yet to be determined (for smoking it is 90 years old).
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris, I agree with focusing on sleep until school is out. My schedule even at school is crazy this time of year and I am exhausted more than normal when school is out. I currently have a sore throat and am hoping its just allergies and that its not my immune system going kaput. My stress level is higher than normal with trying to get everything finished with school and things going on with Lily. I am just trying to hold it all together at the moment and yes, sugar is ingrained right now even though I wish it were not.
    Karin