Page 155 of 614 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 155

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    what is CM?

never mind, I am thinking it is Coconut Milk. And I found the link in which "2Meal Mike" gives an explanation of what you can eat/drink (and why) before you break your fast....http://www.theiflife.com/what-drink-...re-first-meal/
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-16-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add stuff
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ok...spot check on nutrients today after brekfast and lunch:

984c/1400
    59g fat/75g
    47g carb/50-75g
    66g protein/75g

3 fruits n veg/7
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-16-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: forgot to put in coffee with hwc in the count
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    what is CM?

never mind, I am thinking it is Coconut Milk. And I found the link in which "2Meal Mike" gives an explanation of what you can eat/drink (and why) before you break your fast....Dear Mike: What Should I Drink Before My First Meal (Fasting)? | The IF Life with 2 Meal Mike
    good article Chris. Fast 5 talks about the same stuff. Though fast 5 is all about eating in a 5 hr window and eating large quantities of food.. I just could never "get it".
    Karin

The stuff this guy says makes some sense to me, so I am going to give it a shot. Given that I do a walk every morning, I am sure that I need to do something afterward or it makes my tummy not feel good. But a reduced version of BPC should fit the bill. I really do mentally want to do strength training, but generally despise doing it. Thinking maybe his burst workout may work for it, it is at least short. I could do it one day a week to start, and use it as a substitute for the treadmill, probably on my day off. The thing about deciding to do it on my day off (Monday) is that is is far in the future. We will see what happens on Monday!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, good article. BTW I was a little wound this morning. My students were looking at me funny.
    I will not give up coffee entirely. :P

even though it really does very little for me in regards to energy, I just really like it, so I won't be giving it up either. I wish I could get wound!
    Chris
    Unknown

Ooook..so i had labs run and here is the result :

Bp : 115/86
    Glucose : 92
    Cholesterol 256
    Trig 136
    Hdl chol 59
    Ldl chol 179
    Vldl 27
    Cardiac risk 4.5
    Non hdl chol 206
    A1c 5.4

Ok and this report is full of "advice " on improving the numbers but its ALL cw..
    Karin

ok, I admit I don't know much but for the most part I think those look pretty good. I have been getting a news letter that sends me a scientific study every day that shows why higher cholesterol numbers are better than low ones, especially for women. I am thinking the VLDL is supposed to be low and the Cardiac risk at 4.5 is low too isn't it? I don't really know about the A1c though.
    Chris
    Unknown

so had a bit of a binge last night.. could have been worse. The binging is sugar related so I know I have a problem.

IF'd this morning, trying to get back to where I was.

Yesterday I was over by 750c, 60g fat, 60g carbs, 30g protein. The good news is I got 5 fruits and veggies..The binge screwed it up.. I can see exactly where everything went south. Why did I do it? I dont know.. yes I do.. couple of issues going on one is the test results I got back.. not happy.. the other is my daughter.

Today is new and fresh and I have a good lunch planned.. HB eggs and a salad. This morning I had iced coffee with a little HWC.
    Karin

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    so had a bit of a binge last night.. could have been worse. The binging is sugar related so I know I have a problem.

IF'd this morning, trying to get back to where I was.

Yesterday I was over by 750c, 60g fat, 60g carbs, 30g protein. The good news is I got 5 fruits and veggies..The binge screwed it up.. I can see exactly where everything went south. Why did I do it? I dont know.. yes I do.. couple of issues going on one is the test results I got back.. not happy.. the other is my daughter.

Today is new and fresh and I have a good lunch planned.. HB eggs and a salad. This morning I had iced coffee with a little HWC.
    I often have very high calorie days, still lost 8 pounds since I last talked.

Don't sweat your binge.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"