Page 154 of 614 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 154

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Those fruits can kick the carbs up pretty quickly.

To get the 7, first do you actually have 7 in the house you want to eat? Is there some way you can puree a bunch of them and add them to something (make a spaghetti sauce? put over baked chicken breast). Maybe you could not necessarily have a whole serving but just get the variety (toss a few mushrooms, a bit of spinach, a couple of broccoli florets into an omelet). Make a BAS as a side to dinner every night, use mixed greens, carrots, celery, cukes, avocados, etc. then put your protein on top.

Just a few ideas.

Sorry about the stress, and sleep issues lack of sleep makes everything harder.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Sooooo..IF 'd breakfast..got busy IF 'd lunch..was not even hungry..feeling fine..then..binge and over on everything after dinner..craaaaap.

Tomorrow is another day..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    EEEK!, I feel your pain. Do you remember when you were Ifing breakfast, but getting in a good lunch and dinner? That is what I am doing now and it is working. I used to think "How does Karin not eat until lunch and not murder her students?" lol

So far every time I have IF'ed breakfast, whether on purpose or by accident, it has ended in a frenzy that started mid-afternoon and generally lasted past dinner. Even when I didn't realize I had missed breakfast, so it is not mental. Now, it may be that as my body heals and does a better job of handling sugar and its spikes this won't happen. Not sure when that will be though. I am not willing to give up my morning coffee/HWC, I don't 'need' it, but it sure makes mornings nicer.

As you noted, it is another day. Good Luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula- I had kids in at lunch and was working with them so did not eat.. forgot even, just was not hungry. I was getting only a little hungry at dinner and then I dont know what happened.. I lost my mind and went binge crazy. You know the funny thing is, I had a perfectly good primal lunch ready to go. Guess whats for lunch today.. maybe..LOL

Chris- on occasion I have coffee with HWC in the AM. Because it does not affect my blood glucose level I still consider it an IF.

Well, due to madness last night, I had a protein rich breakfast this morning and will eat 3 good meals today. Then I think I can go back to IFing breakfast and eating a good lunch and dinner. Somehow I think having 3 good meals today will "reset" what broke. Probably faulty thinking, but I have no users manual.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

3 meals today sounds like a good plan to me. I may have to start doing speaking testing on my lunch. : (

I wonder if it wouldn't help to alternate days of 3 good meals, and days of IF. I may actually be willing to give that a shot if I could do coffee. Maybe even a 'lighter' version of BPC as 'breakfast'. I don't really use much coconut oil, so a tablespoon at breakfast would probably not be a bad idea.
    Chris
    Unknown

I had my coffee black with a lot of stevia this morning. It was good. I think the above plan would work because it would keep the body off balance.

I may give it a shot. Tomorrow a BPC, with just a tablespoon of the coconut oil, and maybe 2 of the HWC. Then my lunch at my normal time- around 1pm. We will see how it goes.

I could more easily do without the stevia than the cream, although I see no reason to do without either!

p.s. I found a blog I had not seen before, I am at work and can't remember it exactly, but it was with "2 meal Mike" "The IF Life". Interesting. I am planning to try his 'burst workouts" ahh someday. anyway, here is the link to his blog if you are http://www.theiflife.com/the-2-meal-philosophy/interested...
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-16-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add info
    Chris
    Unknown

"They" say that in order to get the full benfits of the fast, you need to avoid anything that would raise insulin.
    I was putting 1 tbsp of CO and 2 tbsp CM in my coffee which came to 180 calories. I honestly don't think it made a difference, but I feel less sluggish today. It will, however, make it easier to keep my fats down to 75g.