Page 152 of 614 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 152

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

The beauty of the ramekins, there is no need to fix the edge, then the other edge, oh rats now they aren't even, oh crap I ate the rest of it.
    nice! I love ramekins!

Lily has a friend spending the night because I am taking both girls to a hot air balloon festival tomorrow so the cookies will be appreciated I am sure!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ahh, good for you!

Unfortunately the ramekins did not help to keep me out of the the frosting I just put on a cake meant for a fund raiser.

The kid's youth group is raising money to build better houses for their 'adopted' families in Guatemala. Many of the houses were destroyed in a flood that happened at about the same time that we (in Nashville) had our flood, so the kids feel a kinship. So I agreed to bake and decorate a cake and make a batch of cake balls, so they can wrap them tomorrow for resale on Mother's day (they only do this once a year). So those on top of the cheesecake. thinking there is only so much will power in one person's body. No guilt just lots of water, and a faster treadmill walk tomorrow!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    There are a few advantages to be gluten/dairy intolerant...I can't (literally) eat stuff like McDonald's anymore. Of course, I've managed to find plenty of other indulgent....

Anything fun for the weekend?
    -- Ruth

Yesterday took my daughter and her friend to a little hot air balloon festival in Anthony, KS. The weather was not right for the balloons and I think this was the first festival. I look forward to seeing what changes they make next year. The kids loved doing the F-4 flight simulator and the rides were cheap $1 per kid per ride. The music was good and they had some give aways which is always nice. I won a first aid kit. LOL How did they know I needed one? Especially since I never won anything.

I think the big win though was lunch. We packed a picnic lunch (ham-from a ham butt we cooked, cheese, hard boiled eggs, pickles, apples, chips and uncrustables for the kids and then the condiments of mayo and mustard. It was not a bad lunch at all! In fact, as folks were walking by they were eyeing and commenting about how good it looked and where they can get some. LOL So many vendor temptations, some that looked fairly healthy, some not. Lots of bbq, burgers, brats, roasted corn etc. We did indulge in some homemade ice cream (which was awesome). Then taking the friend back to her parents we met at cracker barrel for dinner. I love that place. I was KINDA good.. had me a biscuit because wow.. they are just so fluffy! BTW.. their rainbow trout was fabu! I did not intend for this entry to be all about food but food tends to be out obsession which is why we are overweight, no?

The sunburn is starting to itch and I still have raw spots. FYI.. if you get a sunburn and its raw, use bag balm. I kid you not. It smells bad (disinfectant bad) and is greasy but it stops the tender feeling. FYI, bag balm is used for sore udders in cows for you city folks. Yes I feel a but greasy with it on but better that than feeling pain. It was hard to move my arms because the skin was stressed and tight. No matter what I used before it did nothing. This stuff solved that problem.

So Happy Mothers Day to my friends who are mothers to children and or pets! I hope you have a great day! The agenda for myself is to go weed-eat my mom's yard (mowed it last week) and then bbq some pork ribs after we make it to church (hopefully). I am up writing this at 2am and this does not bode well.

Why am I hungry?? Stomach shut up!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday sounds fun. Homemade ice cream...yum...

I thought you were up awful early. Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Have a wonderful day!!!
    -- Ruth

I have decided that if I am going to veer off plan I need to make sure it is worth it. ie. only homemade/fresh,etc. And your ice cream sounds like it would fit the bill.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Spent the day weed-eating mom's yard. I am almost done and will finish next week (its a big yard). After cleaning up I then grilled out for our dinner. BBQ pork chops, peas and carrots, zucchini and dip and mushrooms sautéed in butter aaaand some ice cream for dessert.

My first complaint about the fitbit.. worked my butt off and it doesn't show. I think if it measured heart rate it would be more accurate.. maybe.
    Karin

ooo, 2 in a row, aren't you the popular one!

I agree on the fitbit. Yesterday I spent 5 hours organizing the basement, putting shelves together, throwing stuff away, up and down the stepladder, etc. But it is a confined space so not many steps. I just logged it into my activity record on my fitbit dashboard.

I don't know if it is more accurate or my Omron was more accurate, but the fitbit seems to record fewer steps than the Omron did. Especially on the treadmill. Oh well, I am not that into precision so I will get over it! I am shooting for 10,000 steps a day every day starting today! Basically to give my doctor one less thing she can tell me is the reason I don't lose weight! Don't get me wrong, I love her, but she uses the same old assertions "just eat 1,600 calories a day and get 10,000 steps and you will lose weight. So I am either going to prove her wrong or I am going to lose weight!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Spent the day weed-eating mom's yard. I am almost done and will finish next week (its a big yard). After cleaning up I then grilled out for our dinner. BBQ pork chops, peas and carrots, zucchini and dip and mushrooms sautéed in butter aaaand some ice cream for dessert.

My first complaint about the fitbit.. worked my butt off and it doesn't show. I think if it measured heart rate it would be more accurate.. maybe.
    HUH? interesting. The Go Wear Fit does read exercise intensity. I used to love trying to get vigorous activity points.

I love it Chris. My doctor has said to cut the calories but then when he found out I am doing a more primal approach, he was like, that will work too and has not said another word.
    Karin