Page 15 of 542 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 15

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you got your spunky back you must be feeling better. I would keep up with the yogurt for a week at least to let the antibiotics out of the system, I have no idea how long they stay.

I have a doc appt. on Monday, and am curious to see what my blood test looks like. I went primal after my hospital stay so I can use those numbers to compare. Although I am not sure they did a cholesterol make up.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    well.. have the big C going on and I think thats why I "feel full" and the scale eeked up. Taking magnesium and probiotics big time now. Hope this clears it up and those pounds lost are reflected once again. Of course I am not eating a lot of veggies (ugh.. so not feeling it with salads etc.) This happens every fall/winter- I go on a salad hiatus because it starts to nauseate me. I need to find some veggies that are low carb (so probably raw) to substitute so I can get some fiber.

today's food:
    B: protein shake with coconut milk, orange and 1 T of RAW green powder stuff (the green powder not bad in the shake- gags me with just water)
    L: homemade chicken salad, 3 oz whole milk mozz. cheese
    D: bacon wrapped hamburger steak, salad and green beans

Today I need to push the water to help with the C as well. Ugh.. off to my meeting..
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-25-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: edit lunch and dinner
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

which green powder stuff did you get? Seems like stews or soups would be a great substitute for your summer salads. you could probably do variations of this one using different meats and veggies...Primal Italian Veal Stew Cosmopolitan Primal Girl sounds yummy to me, I am looking for one I can do in the crock pot though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Chris
    Unknown

I bought the Garden of Life, perfect food RAW

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products...6/Default.aspx

It looked like what the SPEED guys talked about.

I will look into some soups and stews, although I am not really a soup girl (though I am a bisque girl!!). I just need to put my big girl panties on and get over it. LOL
    Karin

I don't care for soups either, but yep bisques totally love em! I tend to just roast my veggies. Put 2 kinds on a greased cookie sheet and bake at about 425 till they start to caramelize on the bottom. Works great with frozen ones too, usually use broccoli or cauliflower or asparagus or brussell sprouts. Although with brussell sprouts they taste best if you toss them in oil and salt and pepper first then make sure the oven is pre-heated, and it doesn't hurt to put the cookie sheet in the oven as it is preheating.
    Chris
    Unknown

I love roasting fresh green beans or asparagus. I will try it with some frozen veggies though too!
    Karin

Well today is conferences which means I will be at school until 7:30pm. I hate late nights because I miss my daughter (she has to be at the sitter from after school until I can pick her up- thats a long day for us both). I got an email from Matt checking up on my progress. I filled him in that I am finally off antibiotics and steroids and that I had lost but gained some back, probably because of constipation. Tried to get on the scale this morning and I think the battery is dead soooooo... when I get some time (HAHA) I will have to get a battery and get that back. I measured on Sunday.. again.. did I measure in the same spots?? WHO THE HELL KNOWS?! Where it looks like I lost like an inch (?!) then others I lost nada.. pshhh.. it gets me spinning I tell you!

Since I am at school all day I have planned my food. The school provides a dinner and tonight on the menu is mexican (homemade tortillas, stuff for burritos, tacos etc. and YOU KNOW a WIDE ASSORTMENT of DESERTS!) My stance is "There are pirates in there.. so I brought my own food.

B: protein shake with coconut milk, orange and greens
    L: Homemade chicken salad, 3 oz whole milk mozzarella
    D: ham steak, 1 c cottage cheese
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 10-25-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: edit lunch and dinner.. I forgot to eat my dang peas!!
    Karin

I am going to see if I can find the BioChem Greens and Whey. It looks like you kill 2 birds with one stone on that one and it is sweetened with Stevia as a bonus. The company web site says it is available at Whole Foods so I will check it out, then if it is worth it may end up looking for an online source, assuming that would be cheaper. It looks like a way to get DS to get some extra protein as well as some greens, I'll try to talk him into it as a snack. I will let you know how it goes.
    Chris
    Unknown

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am going to see if I can find the BioChem Greens and Whey. It looks like you kill 2 birds with one stone on that one and it is sweetened with Stevia as a bonus. The company web site says it is available at Whole Foods so I will check it out, then if it is worth it may end up looking for an online source, assuming that would be cheaper. It looks like a way to get DS to get some extra protein as well as some greens, I'll try to talk him into it as a snack. I will let you know how it goes.
    At the health food store I saw some greens and whey (can't remember the brand) but it had soy. You might make sure before you buy.
    Karin