Page 149 of 621 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6206

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 149

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Double header soccer game, 2+ hours in the sun, sunburn-OUCH, plans tonight..but house is clean!!!

Not much apetite today.. i should eat..have had very little (couple hundred calories) but ugh..seems like so much work and i want grains
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Karin,

Feel free to tell me to butt out, but I am worried that 1) you are not eating enough and 2) that your 5 hr window doesn't allow you enough time to get adequate nutrition in. Do you track anymore? Have you lost any wt. since starting the 5 hr window experiment? You seemed to do better when you skipped breakfast, but had a solid lunch and dinner.

I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to aim for an 8 hr window, (11-7) with lunch a snack and dinner. Making sure to get a min 1300cals and all 3 macros at 75-100g.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Karin, you can tell me to butt out as well, just wondering how 5 hours is the number that is important (as opposed to 4 or 8 or whatever)?

Some ideas...
    Maybe you can alternate days of 5 hour and 8 hour, mix it up a little
    Maybe a one meal a week cheat would help with cravings. (I have a list of 7 very specific rules for my 1 cheat a week and it seems to be working very well)
    Tracking is essential, it will help you pinpoint what works and what doesn't. You want to be able to know what you were doing when it works so you can go back and duplicate it when things aren't going so well. fitbit links back to myfitnesspal.com as well as at least one other one of those, as well as having its own tracking system, and one that will link to your phone. (my fitbit should arrive by Tuesday, very excited!)

I sincerely hope that you don't think I am piling on, and that you know that I truly hope that you know that I am in your corner and am wanting to be supportive and helpful. I will totally understand if you tell me that I am not being as helpful as I think I am and to back off.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey Karin,

Feel free to tell me to butt out, but I am worried that 1) you are not eating enough and 2) that your 5 hr window doesn't allow you enough time to get adequate nutrition in. Do you track anymore? Have you lost any wt. since starting the 5 hr window experiment? You seemed to do better when you skipped breakfast, but had a solid lunch and dinner.

I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to aim for an 8 hr window, (11-7) with lunch a snack and dinner. Making sure to get a min 1300cals and all 3 macros at 75-100g.
    I happily accept input. I have yet to make a 5 hour window. My windows run 6-7 hours. Lately though, I am just not hungry and feel so exhausted that the thought of making something just seems like so much work. Heat, exhaustion, I don't know. What I do know is when I eat, its not always good. I feel fine skipping breakfast but also wonder if that is not a problem. I have not been tracking. I should I know. I have not lost anything really. I bounce between 277 and 280 and have been like this I noticed since I got the new scale. My brain says I need more calories to lost weight but at the same time says, you have so many calories stored as fat as long as your calories are low (i.e. not eating much of anything) you should lose.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Karin, you can tell me to butt out as well, just wondering how 5 hours is the number that is important (as opposed to 4 or 8 or whatever)?

Some ideas...
    Maybe you can alternate days of 5 hour and 8 hour, mix it up a little
    Maybe a one meal a week cheat would help with cravings. (I have a list of 7 very specific rules for my 1 cheat a week and it seems to be working very well)
    Tracking is essential, it will help you pinpoint what works and what doesn't. You want to be able to know what you were doing when it works so you can go back and duplicate it when things aren't going so well. fitbit links back to myfitnesspal.com as well as at least one other one of those, as well as having its own tracking system, and one that will link to your phone. (my fitbit should arrive by Tuesday, very excited!)

I sincerely hope that you don't think I am piling on, and that you know that I truly hope that you know that I am in your corner and am wanting to be supportive and helpful. I will totally understand if you tell me that I am not being as helpful as I think I am and to back off.
    I have thought about a cheat meal and have done it a time or two, in a week. As to the validity of 5 hour window, from what I read it has to do with optimizing the stored energy in the body. I think you are on to something with mixing things up. My energy is low and that tells me I am not getting what I need. I can sleep 8+ hours. Getting up is hard and even after being up for 3 hours I am tired.. some of it is the sunburn but some of it is lack of nutrients. I would love to get back to where I was. How did I end up here? ugh.

So this morning I had a health check the insurance company set up with the district. They did the weight- yeah same so my scale is accurate, the blood pressure 115/76 huzzah, BMI 45% major cussword and then drew blood. I had a problem with clotting this morning.. kinda strange. Walked out the car and had to go back in for some assistance. WTH? I should get cholesterol etc back soon.

The blisters on my sunburn started last night.. they will burst soon and do not know if I am ready for that. I did ACV, tea, aloe.. its all bunk. That, or this is a mother of a sunburn.

So I was craving lasagna minus the noodles. My mom, (aren't mom's wonderful?) stir fried eggplant, onions and mushrooms, then mixed some riccotta with some herbs, plopped it on top and baked it. We put the sauce on later because it was alfredo sauce (the tomato sauce kills me). This was served with italian sausage. Ok.. so not traditional lasagna but it sure killed the craving was pretty primal. I have leftovers for lunch today and a corned beef brisket in the crock-pot for dinner tonight. So, there are 2 pretty solid meals for today.

I appreciate the support ladies. I feel like I have totally lost my way and am trying to find that sweet spot I had. How did I lose it?
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I know that you stopped supplementing. But maybe a high quality multi vitamin/mineral would be helpful. (there is science to support that it will help with weight loss).

All I can say is .... start tracking. You cannot tell anything if you don't have data, girl. I would, as I am wont to do, also strongly suggest you shove as many fresh/local veggies (and even a few fruits) into the body as you can manage. I also find that the simpler the protein source the better off I am (sausages and corned beef tend to cause water retention issues for me).

I can easily skip breakfast, but doing the Leptin Reset showed me that I do better the rest of the day if I do a very low carb, moderate fat, reasonably high protein breakfast. I just make myself a smoothie.

I am a Floridian, the only thing that heals a sunburn is time. You can make it feel better if you take an anti-inflamatory over the counter something. A cool damp wash cloth will help pull some of the heat off of it for temporary relief, change it as soon as it warms. Good Luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like that sunburn is really doing you in. I get really sick when I burn like that and blisters are a big sign that you've done yourself in. Get all the rest you can to heal and definitely take some extra B and C, and of course D3. Stay out of the sun for the next week and be sure to protect the blistered area (shoulders?) for the rest of the summer. Solarcane (spray on) usually made me feel better as it has lidocane to help with the pain. Sending feel better vibes...

Well, I will be glad when the burn is gone and does not wake me up for attention in the night. I have had to pull back my hair into a braid so it does not 1) get goop in it and 2) does not irritate my shoulders.

I am looking forward to payday so I can go grocery shopping again to get fresh stuff (fruits and veggies). My refrigerator is looking pretty bare.

Last night I had the brisket, carrots, celery and some canned peaches in juice. Then.. I had popcorn. I keep thinking is it really so bad?? I know it is.. and I seldom crave it during the year but I am now.

Lunch today is some hamburgers and the veggies quazi-lasagna leftovers, though I forgot the sauce.

16 days left... or rather, @ 11 school days..

On a side note: I hate tracking, I know its important but its such a pain in the ass and I feel makes me obsessive about food which is also not healthy. Where is the balance?
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I only track about once a week or when I eat something different. My breakfast is usually one of two choices. Lunch and dinner are meat veg & carb usually in the same amounts. Very simple. I have it saved on fitday so I just check it off from my master list.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Karin - how's the sunburn doing? Sorry to hear about your struggles...will try to catch up with my internet friends soon!
    -- Ruth

Ruth.. I am blistering. I slept better last night though.
    Karin