Page 146 of 618 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 6172

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 146

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    girrrrrrrrlll.. you got to get some of that! I drink it straight but some people mix it. I would think if you mixed it you would lose the cake flavor.. I love birthday cake

My lunchtime does dertermine my window at this time. The summer will be a different tale though. I need to figure out my structure for summer because we all know what a mess I am without it. My thoughts so far are:
    up early (before the heat) to walk. If I walk accross town (hah! maybe a mile) get a bottle of water and walk back, that is a good way to start the day. Then coffee with HWC. I would like my window to open at 1pm.. so, we will see. The local pool opens at noon (I think). I plan for us to be there most days. If I take snacks for Lily and cold drinks for me, I should be fine. I dunno.. still working this out.

I think dehydration might be an issue.. a couple times I have made ice water that felt so good to drink. I am thinking when drinking something feels good, thats a cue. Tired and stressed out though are also triggers. I am making more ice tea (I prefer it unsweetened) so I need to up that perhaps.

I pulled the 6-7pm eating again (also had some liquid cake).. At the time I was so exhausted I remember.. I think I need to examine why I am eating before putting food in my mouth. It all seems mindless most of the time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We will have to discuss strategies for summer. I always have a hard time when unstructured.

Tired eating is huge for me. That is why I set a no eating after 6pm policy. Maybe some tea to relax or flavored water? Do you eat something right at the end of the window?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Yep, being tired definitely sends me to the pantry. I try to be finished eating by 6:30, after that has a negative effect on my sleep, assuming I get into bed on time (9:30).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Lately, sleep is not as issue.. I am out like a light. I have been awaking a bit on my own though. I figure as long as its between 4am and 5am, I am in my primal mode.

I like the not eating after 6pm period (no matter the window). In its place I can have some tea. This would be a key time for me that I need to DO something (craft, relax in a bath, play a game with Lily etc.)
    Karin

Yep, eat, clean the kitchen and walk away, in a perfect world-just have to get dh on the program as he tends to want to eat later which means I have to leave the food out till he is done. anyway he is out of town part of this week and part of next so my perfect world...eat, clean the kitchen and walk away, knit knit knit away.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ugh..eating in the am not good. Here i thought its the weekend i would enjoy a little bacon with coffee...ugh..need to stay if -ing.

Today soccer game..go Annoying Orange..craft show..had some lookers that thought my work was very pretty but no buyers yet..nof sure i want to put myself out there again...need to mow my yard and moms..one yard will get it and its not mine..oh well...the calf muscle is still killing me. Yesterday was pretty bad. I put the electrodes on it this morning and it killed of some pain so hmmm.

Weight this am the same..its my food choices, my extended window and lack of exercise..hopefully i can pull it together soon. Its frustrating to know what you need to do and have so many obsticles in the way. fortunatly most obsticles will go away come summer..sigh
    Karin

I started to watch the Precision Nutrition videos (the 5 free ones) and there are 2 take away points so far...

According to them there are basically 10 'proven' things you can do daily to ensure fat loss.

And you need to add only one at a time. Picking one that you know you can do for the next 14days straight, without fail. Then, keep it up for life. If you can't do one, you are supposed to keep breaking it down until you get to where you can do it daily for the next 14 days. Then of course you keep adding them on.

There is one I don't necessarily agree with (eat 4 to 5 meals day), and a few I already do, so the one I chose is to take my supplements and meds the way I am supposed to.
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris.. I am curious as to what those 10 mystery things are. I like the point where you introduce one thing a day until you can do it for 14 days. I take it that would be like, IFing? or something?

Today, well this week is calling for rain. We need is as we will be begging for it come summer. Today I am back on track. I have edited the previous sentence so much " I am working on..", "I am going to try" for " I Just "am" " IFing breakfast again, it feels good when I do and then will break the fast after 11am. I will keep my window open until 5pm. No weirdness with my schedule today. I have noticed I eat alone most every meal. Breakfast.. duh, lunch.. I eat in my classroom because I occassoinally have kids pop in that need to get something done. Dinner is also alone as my daughter does not eat.. does not want to stop to eat. If I waited for her we would eat at 7-8pm. So, maybe its a good thing, according to SPEED.

B: coffee with HWC
    L: eggplant parmesan with Italian sausage link
    D: left over beef stew
    Karin

Sorry, I can't link to it, so I gotta cut and paste....

2011 by Precision Nutrition Inc.
    Pick ONE of the following habits, and do it every day for 14 days.
    Fat Loss Habit 1. Exercise for 30 minutes
    Fat Loss Habit 2. Take fish oil and a multivitamin
    Fat Loss Habit 3. Drink at least 8 cups of water/fluid
    Fat Loss Habit 4. Eat at least 4 one-cup servings of vegetables
    Fat Loss Habit 5. Sleep at least 8 hours (including naps and night-time sleep)
    Fat Loss Habit 6. During each meal, stop eating when 80% full
    Fat Loss Habit 7. Twice during the work day, get up and do 5 minutes of muscle stretching
    Fat Loss Habit 8. Eat 4 – 5 meals
    Fat Loss Habit 9. Eat lean protein with each meal
    Fat Loss Habit 10. Replace grains with greens during each meal

These 10 habits should give you a great start on the fat loss process. But remember the rules. Don’t try to pile them all on at once. Begin by choosing only one new habit that you’re confident you can do for 14 days. Then do it, adding new habits only after you’ve mastered the first one.

And here’s another key tip. As you adopt each new habit, you have our permission to leave everything else the same. Sure, if you’re feeling particularly ambitious one day and you want to try a few new things, that’s OK. However, take my word. You can’t do it all at once, every day. But the good news is you don’t have to! So just let go of that expectation right now. Instead, pick one proven behavior to start with. The same way you would learn math, or learn to talk, or do anything, you are going to learn to get into shape.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Chris
    Unknown

They also advocate IFing, and have a pretty good article on it, as I remember, on their website. Ruth posted it and that was actually got me hooked into their site.

I already do #'s 1,3,4,9, &10. # 8 doesn't work well for me, so I will pass on it. That leaves #'s2,5, &6 to get into a consistent habit. All of which are on my radar I am just not consistent with them. And of course #6 will be the hardest.

p.s. I am kinda cheating as I am changing 2 things...they advocate 5 hours of exercise a week. I already do 3 1/2 with the morning walking, so I am going to ensure that I get that extra 1 1/2 by gardening, etc. I probably already do that, but now I am going to track and make sure I do.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-30-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    Unknown