Page 145 of 614 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 145

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If I skip breakfast it is essentially a 6 hour feeding window I am left with. I have found however I feel better when I have a 9 hour feeding window. I may get to IF some day, but it is not likely to be soon, at least not on purpose.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    The conference was fun but I am all out of wack.. My eating is off. I have been basically IFing breakfast for over a month and was eating breakfast as well as sugar this weekend and my digestive track is NOT THANKING ME. I did not hike much but there are stairs to get to everything and I did many flights of stairs. At one point I checked the fitbit and had done 13 flights by noon. I did eat grain free though.. though not as clean as I would have preferred. TOM came and started his visit 3 days early (during this trip) so the headaches and other aches were always with me. I self medicated with food.. not the smartest choice but.. there ya go.

While its nice to get away, its always good to be home. I learned a lot.. can not wait to implement in my classroom.

I am starting off Monday interesting.. did not bring lunch I had no leftovers as I was not home this weekend so... might have some sardines (not my first choice but its a primal choice).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am working on cleaning up my system today, it is not thanking me for yesterdays choices either. But the weather is good so as soon as I finish lunch I will go out side and put in all the plants I bought at the market this morning!

so nice to be able to come home excited about what you learned. Hope the body gives you a break for the rest of the day!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Oh my have I been consuming too much salt. My ankles... of my. I am working on getting back to my fast 5 (really 6-7). I need to purge this excess water.. soo... working on that. It will take a couple of days I am sure.

B: IF
    L (11am) burger patties, 2 oz cheese (I know- sodium) and some peaches. my tummy does not feel satisfied. I need to eat some carrots.
    D: I put a roast on before I left with carrots and onions. I have some salad I will have with it as well.

NO.. added sugar (though I want I want), NO... potatoes (though I want I want- with LOTS of salt- whats the matter with me) and NO eating after 5ish.
    Karin

Maybe if you do seaweed. It is salty but doesn't tend to hold water for me like salty things tend to do. Good luck. I am expelling much water today. Had a clean day yesterday but not enough fluid and today started back on the ACV with a liter of water. I am out of all of my favorite teas, but the Republic is shipping them. I drink more if I look forward to it as opposed to having to get it down.
    Chris
    Unknown

Well.. better yesterday but not perfect. Here is to another day of getting back to my norm.. My morning weigh in was 280 again.. better than Monday of 285 (lots of water), I notice though I am still kind of swollen so it could be possible an accurate weight is less than that. Yes yes.. I know I was not going to weigh but I swear it whispered sweet nothings in my ear. What can I say, I am easy.. but not cheap.

My goal is to work to a 5 hour window and then shave that off a bit as well. I feel fine eating in a small window. I notice it helps with in-discretionary foods. Its all about what works for you.

The sugar cravings are horrific. My stress level is unusually high (grading 150 projects, grading to get progress reports out by Friday, money- good gravy is SO TIGHT now, I have a craft show this weekend I am not at all excited about, I have kids at school being a pain in the ass, my own child is in full ODD mode and its exhausting, general family issues- good grief, my house is messier than I would like..so is my car for that matter.. I could go on...) where is the chocolate? or booze.. thinking some cake vodka tonight will hit the spot. I am ready for summer break..
    Karin

So hard to resist something new, that scale would be calling to me too. I am out of the habit now and for some reason it is only barely calling to me.

cake and vodka or do you drink a cake flavored vodka? chocolate tea, I am telling you, fantastic.

happy the food window works for you. Sorry that everything else seems to be in a spiral.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Just keep swimming. It sounds like you are getting back on track. Do you take the summer off?

Chris: Its cake flavored vodka and its so yum.. although I was a good girl and just drank ice water last night..

Paula: Yes summer off (its only 2 months since we go back early August) so swimming swimming until summer and then swimming can involve some water.

Well, I refrained from the scale this morning. I notice a couple of hours after the window I get the munchies.. I am not hungry though.. not really bored... I dunno. I need to keep my hands busy or push the window back. Currently the window is 11am- 5pm at the latest. Its about 6-7pm that it hits but I am getting hungry about 11am so pushing this back will be an adjustment. Maybe I need to adjust this on the weekend so I am not Ms. Cranky pants for my students.
    Karin

Wow, I am out of the liquor loop! Who woulda thunk it, cake flavored vodka? what do you mix it with?

won't your lunch time at school determine the early time?

If you are eating right up to 5 then 6-7 is definitely something else. Maybe tired/worn out? dehydrated? those tend to my 2 biggies. I am pushing tea, although if you are trying to cut back on sweeteners that might not work.
    Chris
    Unknown