Page 127 of 631 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6306

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 127

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    generally I eat less than the target number it provides. What is nice about it is that there are 3 teirs for weightloss and based on where you are now, it calculates.. you get the idea. The numbers are not so different from SPEED although it does not account for as much protein and as few carbs. As for losing weight.. I am losing but currently do not know my weight. I think the dang scale broke. I put in new batteries and it is still not turning on when I step on it. Grr.. Basically, I eat Paleo, plug in the food and try and stay within caloric reg's.

P.S. I will say, before the fitbit, I could not get into this pair of capris.. and now I can. lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am just trying to figure out if I am hungry cause I am hungry or because I am sleepy. I think the fit bit would answer both of those questions. I actually don't record my movement in myfitnesspal because it adds calories to my allowance when I do. And obviously if I am trying to lose, I can do without those, plus I am skeptical that movement really allows more calories.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

well 1st day of my break and I am up at 6am. Lil is with her grandma and the house is empty. I will pick her up later today. I am waiting for the sun to come up so I can go walking. When I am out of school I would like to get into this habit. Especially in the summer before the heat sets in and its too hot to do anything. I have to say. I do not deal well with the heat at all. Lily and I are planning on going to the pool daily (I will get a membership and the pool is 4 blocks away). In the evenings they have water aerobics as well so, with gas prices what they are, we are going to have a stay-cation.

Binged last night.. had a friend over for dinner.. Lily was gone.. TOM is around the corne, I was tiredr..take your pick of reasons.. ugh. Not hungry this morning so going to wait until I get some hungry signal. Making some coffee now.
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    plus I am skeptical that movement really allows more calories.[/QUOTE

In regards to this, I saw an interesting study years ago, that women can carry up to 20% of their body weight, and not burn any additional calories. An adaptation for all that child-carrying, it was supposed. They have to get above the 20% mark, before their bodies say' hey, we need some more energy'. And although I am carrying more than 40 pounds of fat, somehow, I don't think my body is counting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    plus I am skeptical that movement really allows more calories.[/QUOTE

In regards to this, I saw an interesting study years ago, that women can carry up to 20% of their body weight, and not burn any additional calories. An adaptation for all that child-carrying, it was supposed. They have to get above the 20% mark, before their bodies say' hey, we need some more energy'. And although I am carrying more than 40 pounds of fat, somehow, I don't think my body is counting that.
    this would explain calories in calories out do not work per se. interesting. My body does not count all my fat either.LOL
    Karin

oh.. on the kombucha news... make another batch with blackberry tea and my scoby had a baby
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am considering trying to eat like I weigh 200 instead of 250. Then when I get to 200 eat like I am already at goal. That will get me used to eating less, and hopefully also help with the weight loss. We'll see. For me I think movement is more important than exercise as far as loss and maintenance goes. I have gone the daily workout route, intensely, and gained 20 a year for 5 years. Do not ask me why I didn't try to change something, like what I was eating? I have no clue, maybe that is why I am so quick to try to tweak now though?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am considering trying to eat like I weigh 200 instead of 250. Then when I get to 200 eat like I am already at goal. That will get me used to eating less, and hopefully also help with the weight loss. We'll see. For me I think movement is more important than exercise as far as loss and maintenance goes. I have gone the daily workout route, intensely, and gained 20 a year for 5 years. Do not ask me why I didn't try to change something, like what I was eating? I have no clue, maybe that is why I am so quick to try to tweak now though?
    I have heard of this method for calories and it makes sense. I need to think more on this but I might join in this effort and see if I see a change. I also think movement is the key not really exercise. Mark kind of reiterates this as well. I just need to move more.. and since the sun came up I need to get dressed and start walking. Well.. I am sure the sun is up somewhere, its so cloudy who can tell though? LOL
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    6 am at the start of your break? Ugh! At least you are going to be productive and get out for a walk. I love taking my dogs out everyday, especially since it's so nice.

Other than weights, I don't think I'm much inclined to "formal" exercise. I would like to more active in general, however. Hiking and whatnot this summer!
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The walk was great.. added almost 3000 steps to my day. Perhaps I will get in an evening walk as well. Lily has a friend spending the night so we will see.
    Karin