Thread: The Journey begins with me page 122

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I saw that. Felt pretty special.. uh huh.. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Karin! I didn't see the personal mention, but if it helped get rid of that cursed box I appreciate it!

I donated our total gym and a manual treadmill. I had gotten them both free, and never used them.

If you are getting more steps this week than last then you are walking enough. It will suddenly happen one day, so don't beat yourself up over it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

277 this morning so -1 and 1 more to go to get back to lowest weight. WHOOP! I think I am back in a good routine, which is essential for me. I talked to my stepmom yesterday and she said, am I imagining it but the picture on facebook looks slimmer. I said, nope, not imagining it. LOL

B: 3 eggs with mushroom, aneheim pepper and ghee
    L: cabbage, canadian bacon, maybe some soup
    D: ??? Tonight we go see Cinderella at the highschool. I think we might grab something ahead of time so if so, we are looking at a burger and salad probably..
    Karin

Rogers and Hammerstien version? We had that video when my kids were little, and took them to see it live. They knew the words to every song and stood to sing them. They were very young and not tall enough to disrupt the view of the people behind us. I apologized to the people around us and they all just said it was so adorable and wonderful that they knew this version better than the Disney one.

so happy to see you are losing again. Lower stress, nice routine, good combo. (friendly nudge make sure you took your diuretic if you are gonna eat processed meat). Have a great time tonight!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I got the meds taken care of. I may IF though if I am not hungry, or just eat the slaw.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on the weightloss, so jealous.

I have a batch of soup on the stove today, will finish it up when I get home. Have a friend coming for dinner we will do soup and salad and red wine. We are planning the Senior Youth Day for church.
    Chris
    Unknown

so am not interested in my lunch but I am hungry. I think I may run get a salad instead. I am trying to plan Lily's birthday party. Coincidently it falls at Easter time so... the theme is???!!! LOL I want to do something creative with an easter egg hunt as this is 3rd and 4th graders. Maybe a scavenger hunt egg hunt. I was thinking of maybe a phrase where a bonus prize is and then each egg gets a word of the phrase. They have to find all the words, put them together to find the clue. I dunno.. something more challenging than, find the egg. This is the first party we have had at home, it just never worked out before because of location or something. She wants a pinata.. also a first and doable. Then maybe egg relays/obstacle courses weather permitting or if ucky outside, egg hunt, pinata in the garage and decorating eggs. Hmmm.. ideas welcome. For the hunt I also thought of spray painting some eggs gold, or finding a different kind of plastic egg to put bonus prizes in as well.
    Yes, I am planning a bit early, but for me I feel behind the 8 ball. LOL
    Karin

We did a Maypole one year and that was pretty fun (and we were grown ups!).

My kids always loved dress up, maybe they can make/decorate hats or visors and then wear them. We had a pinata with strings to pull instead of a bat swinging at it.

My memory is that there are a bunch of strings to pull and after a certain number are pulled it finally lets go of its riches. You know you are planning far enough ahead that you could make this yourself, in which case you could stuff it with what you want in it instead of the cheap candy and chincy prizes they usually put in.

Also, I loved the party where (it was New Year's but it would work here) we had a line of bags and each bag had a time on the front, that told us what time to open it, and inside each had a different activity, and the last one had noisemakers and firecrackers to celebrate the new year. The kids each had 3 friends over night, they were young still, everyone dressed up and had a blast. Next morning we did a brunch pot luck for the parents. I think that is probably the most successful kids party we had.
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget some party games like charades or pass the orange, etc. These are silly, but even teenagers love them and they take little to no prep to be ready with the next game should one thing fail to work or fail to amuze as expected. Also a "make your own" bar for cup cakes, sundays or even hot dogs with a prize for the most creative can be fun. I also love to google for party ideas to see what else is out there. Have fun!