Page 12 of 624 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 12

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I caved a little but its over and moving on. I can not say I am feeling better yet but the anticipation is there.. how sad is that.

I am done eating for the night..IFing it the rest of the night well... I might have some hot tea.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I have read the book S.P.E.E.D and have a total ah=hah!! when it comes to losing weight while being primal. While some believe calories do not count I guess to some extent they do. Yes, its all about balance but the balance of right foods which comes to either tracking your grams of protein, fat and carbs or calories for each of these. I know exactly where I am starting now.. and where I need to go. Essentially, how I need to proceed.

My goals for SPEED are documented. These goals include amount of sleep per night, exercise, managing stress, eating primal foods (a given), weigh/measure once per week and to journal (here) my food and exercise each day.

Some folks will say: throw the scale out, you don't need to count anything..I lost xyz without it etc. I guess I need more structure so here goes...
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am soooo excited you got to read it and it appears to have had the same effect on you as it did on me! This is going to be fun.

I like a daily weigh in, for me it makes the number start to blur and I then can't really remember what it is today, or yesterday, so I don't get upset with it. I learn from it. I will use the measuring tape once a month. And my scale also figures bodyfat % and although I am sure it is not super accurate it will show a trend which is just another important measure, so I will do that once a month as well.

Yesterday the number on the scale was up, for very good reason, for the 2 days before I had eaten too many calories. One of those days was 2 meals out, and the other I just ate (?) thought I was doing ok, but in my focus to get enough protein I got way too many calories.

So I thought yesterday I would IF lunch, it just didn't work, in fact while trying so hard to restrict my calories that much I ended up very hungry at night-not had this in months-and had a few nuts and dried apricots. No problem, except that once I put in my food for yesterday I was only about 250 lower than what I am shooting for, but it was way more stressful. Enough of that! I will just shoot for my calorie target as best I can, and move on! p.s. only lost .2lbs for the stress of trying to keep my calories so low!

I am going to gather my goals today and put them in one place, my journal.

So excited to have a partner on this journey!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I am going to wait to weigh in until Oct 30th. Just to give some time to get this SPEED working/fine tuned. I then might weigh more often and measure weekly.

I am still hammering out my specific goals and I think I have my percentages for food figured correct.

I need to check my calculations again BUT I think I should have @1759 cal/day Of that 200g should be protein (64%), 50g carbs (16%), 62g fat (20%).

Yesterday's food:

B: protein shake with coconut milk and 1 c yogurt
    L: IF
    D: I IF'd lunch because I knew I would eat dinner at cracker barrel before the concert.
    8 oz steak
    salad with 2 T ranch
    green beans
    cooked carrots

At the end of the day I consumed 1438 calories 33% fat, 18% carbs, 49% protein
    I was deficient in calories by 321
    13% over in fat
    2% over in carbs
    -15% protein

In hinds sight... I should have had 1 c cooked chicken breast (320c) for lunch and should have only had a 1/2 c yogurt in the morning and I think I would have been more on the money. I am probably over analyzing this BUT if its all these little mistakes made daily, NO WONDER I HAVE A FAT ASS!
    Karin

Goals:

Overall: To increase vitality physically and mentally in order to sustain a life of energy.

Weightloss goals: Starting 10/30 I will weigh myself daily and measure weekly

1st hurdle: To weigh what I weighed during my pregnancy (I lost weight) 290 lbs.
    2nd hurdle: To weigh what I weighed in college 250 lbs
    3rd hurdle: To weigh what I weighed in high school 200 lbs.
    4th hurdle: To continue to a healthy weight between 150-180 lbs (this will be narrowed the closer I get)

SPEED goals:
    S: (Sleep) To sleep 7-9 hours/night. In bed at 8pm and up at 5am.
    P: (Psychology) To set time aside for prayer and studying the word of God.
    E: (Exercise) lift heavy things 1-2x/week, play 1-2x/week, begin essential movements
    E: (Environment) I will eat breakfast and lunch alone with no distractions and dinner with the family with no distractions (distractions, book, tv, computer)
    D: (Diet) 1610-1759 cal/day: Protein 207g/day 828 calories, Carbs 50g/day 200 calories, Fat 64g/day 582 calories

These figures will be kept using fat secret on my phone.
    Karin

not off to a great start today.. 2 c of coffee with half and half and 4 slices of thick bacon and I was just not hungry.. got working on a project around noon, was not hungry.. 3 hours later starting to get hungry so I just IF'd lunch.. never gonna get my quota at this rate much less today.
    Karin

Your fat % seems really low, won't you get hungry? And I think it will be harder to get the protein if you have such a low fat %. Actually your numbers (except for the low fat) seem pretty similar to mine but I think they should be higher since you weigh a bit more.

Here are mine....1,500 to 1,800 calories, with about 150g to 180g of protein, and close to 50g of net carbs, and fill in the rest with fat making it about 50% of my calories (600 to 900 calories of fat or 66g to 100g).

Yesterday was a good day and it was 1650 Cals., 92g of fat (49%), 33 net carbs (14%), and 159.5g of protein (37%).

If you want I can PM you the link to my fitday.com journal to see what I actually ate.

p.s. the goals look great!
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-16-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Ok.. looking on p57 of book, they subtracted 30% of necessary calories..I get 2 different numbers one on my phone tracker and one on fitday.. a difference of @ 150 calories so choosing the low one its @ 1600-1750 ca/ day

protein: body weight 304.5 lbs/2.2 kg=138 * 1.5= 207g protein/day Is this right? 207*4=828 calories of protein/day @ 51%
    carbs: 50g/day or 200calories @ 12%
    fat is the difference 1610 calories-828c-200c=582cal @ 36%

that makes a little more sense.. I think.. am I doing this right?
    Karin

And if you go to the high end you end up with 725 calories of fat or 80g which sounds better. Yes the protein is right and so are the carbs, I have been going lower on my protein (slightly instead of 180 maybe 165) which allows a bit more fat.

Why are your calories as low as mine? you should get a bit more than I do to allow for the extra protein? So you went to the BMI page (bmi-calculator.net), then did it and went to your BMR (linked from that page) and got your necessary calories, right?

Maybe my numbers are wrong? Ah, but I did lose weight this week, so I am gonna say mine are close enough for now.

I am on the road tomorrow so I won't likely be online until Tuesday.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The total calories might be the same because we used a different number of calories to reduce. You did 500 and I did 30%.

Have a safe trip!
    Karin