Page 118 of 614 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 118

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Chris, there was not much protein in the soup at lunch. I was hoping the broth would cover the protein but apparently it did not. I do not know if I could add tuna or salmon to my soup.. the thought kinda makes me queezy. I think I need to prepare and plan better for the week so when I take soup (which is a great idea) I can have some substantial protein as well. The slaw helped with the crunch but dinner was a fairly strong protein one as I was headed to the drive in. I had a small snacking episode. Whether it was from sitting for so long or so many kids in the van.. who can say. LOL

B: steak and eggs (I made an extra from last night.. might try and keep this habit)
    L: soup, slaw and... ugh!
    D: split chicken breasts, spinach and... UGH!

I got home at 3am last night so did not bother to do a sleep analysis, I will tonight though. Housework will keep my busy and it will be a fairly nice day so a walk will do me good as well. I am also going to give some band work a go as well. I have got to strengthen the arms etc. Goal today: 10,000 steps. I have not even hit half that yet.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The salmon was too fishy for my soup, but the tuna has no smell at all that is why I tried it, worked out well. They do have canned chicken too right? That might work.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've also added ground meat to soups to up the protien. Ground beef or bison goes well with just about any vege combination. Maybe I'm just not too picky. I know I prefer my soup to going out most days because it's warming, good for me and has no "suprises" to mess me up later. Glad I'm not the only one eating soup like 2 times a day! I've had batches of bone broth going non-stop for the past week and a half.

sleep last night says I was awake 10x. However, I am not counting at the beginning falling sleep or at the end as I am waking up so that takes it down to less than 5. So few steps yesterday.. I am going to try and do more today. I am feeling puffy and I think one reason is lack of movement.
    Karin

For steps what I did was to find my average on a typical day by recording steps for a week without changing anything. then worked to add a thousand a day for a week, then another thousand. In the end what pushed me over was to do the treadmill every morning for 30 minutes or so. I get off if I am getting bored-I don't want it to feel like a chore. And watching movies I wouldn't get to watch otherwise actually makes it feel like a treat. It almost doubled my steps. And while it has not made a difference in my weight I do feel better, if only because I know I did it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I like that idea. My average steps are dismal at best since getting the fitbit. I am going to try and increase by 1000/day/week and see if I can not build up with more. Since I do not have my treadmill here, I need to figure some walking maps for the town. I just need to "move my bloomin' ass!!" (Ever see My Fair Lady?? LOL)

B. is super yummy.. 3 eggs and my leftover spinach salad made with spinach from a bunch not bag, slivered carrots and green onions. It is not enough protein so i will probably have some chicken along with it. So this morning the eggs came before the chicken (I know I am corny..LOL but I do not eat corn!)
    Karin

I believe she said "arse"

your breakfast does sound yummy.

I think there is a free sight called "map my walk" (or something very similar, google it maybe?) my daughter used to use it to map her training routes for her half marathons before she got the nike thing that goes to her iPod. it will tell you how many miles your mapped walk is. Very cool.

Walking Maps and Walking Route Planner for Fitness | MapMyWALK I just found it in our favorites.
    Chris
    Unknown

Awesome Chris! Thanks. Went for a walk.. not as long as I would like. I need to work up more since I have been doing the move thing and not going to workout, I relapsed bad. I am doing ok today, still no where near where I need to be at 10,000 steps per day though.

edit: your right, she did say arse LOL
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 03-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Karin

oh.. and can you say... KOMBUCHA???? Its ready and its SO GOOD! I wish I could invite ya'll over for some libations..
    Karin

jealous! Enjoy.
    Chris
    Unknown