Page 11 of 612 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 11

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    your need a broth based soup. Can you get something from the cafeteria (is yours one that has edible stuff?)

Our cafeteria is KNOWN for homemade cinnamon rolls and crunchy munchy chili.. nothing healthy.LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    rats, crunchy munchy chili sounds like they add chips. My kids wouldn't ever go near the food in their cafeterias, but my sister's school has a really nice salad bar, lots of fresh veggies. Of course very few of the kids eat it, mostly the teachers and staff use it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

actually the food is good and higher quality that the larger school district I taught in but still full of CW BS.

B: 14% fat yogurt..yum, bacon
    L: I brought homemade eggdrop soup
    D: TBD

feeling slightly better today.. I changed my cold meds and think its making a difference though.
    Karin

So glad you are feeling better, whether drug induced or the cold taking its course. YUM homemade egg drop!

at lunch yesterday, my boss took me to a restaurant her boss had given us a groupon for (free to us). So when they brought out the bread I didn't have any, she made some excuse about eating it. I just smiled. then she ordered a bbq, sandwich, and explained something about why she didn't order fish (I had). I just told her I tend to order out what I rarely make at home and I never make blackened fish. then her sandwich came out and she had to explain how hungry she was and that was why she was eating the bread and the meat (but she left the coleslaw "because they used mayo" on it-it was actually a really nice homemade version with very little mayo and some lovely seasonings).

I finally had to tell her that I would promise not to make judgements on what she ate if she didn't make judgements on what I ate. She just had a baby 5 months ago, so I suspect that while she thinks she could never do what I am doing to lose the extra weight, that once it becomes more obvious that I am losing she may change her tune.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I find its amazing when people think they have to justify to me why they are eating what they are eating. Kind of tells me that they know the truth BUT CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH..LOL
    Karin

yep.

I used to be a hairdresser and people would always give me excuses as to why they were out in public with thier hair looking like crap. And mostly it was because they were trying to look like some celebrity and not quite getting there and not wanting to admit the truth.
    Chris
    Unknown

well "just so you know", when my hair looks like crap its cuz I'm lazy LOL
    Karin

not trying to look like anyone? It was usually because someone who had stringy hair wanted it to look like Farrah (or mine-which is naturally curly and looks good because I let it do what it wants-the epitome of lazy)
    Chris
    Unknown

well back from the doc. An antibiotic, a steroid and cough syrup with codeine later.... I am told I should feel better by Monday. Sooo feeling sorry for myself I am eating things I outta-notta eat.
    Karin

you gotta convince yourself you would feel better if you don't eat those things you outta notta eat!

some comfort food type soup, mushroom and beef or chicken and veggies should be really nice. Plus some chai tea with coconut milk-yum
    Chris
    Unknown