Page 109 of 614 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 109

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have not had a problem with the Jay Robb, I did have with Designer's Whey even though it is supposed to be sweetened with Stevia. The Jay Robb only has like 5 ingredients. Pricey but worth it to me.

A can of salmon (from Trader Joes) has like 39g grams of protein. If you threw that into a 2 egg omelet (12g) with a cup of spinach (6g) that gets you pretty close to 60? And that is not an excessive amount of food.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris- oh yes.. I really watch lately how much ham/bacon is consumed because of the salt issue. darn it!

One problem I have with the list of breakfast suggestions is the amount of dairy involved. Aside from HWC in the AM, I do not consume dairy at all in any other fashion. I would like to maintain this as well.. I find I do not miss cheese etc. So.. along these lines:

4 oz steak 35
    3 eggs 18
    ----

8 oz ground beef 46
    1 egg 6
    ----

4 oz pork chop 23
    3 eggs 18

1/4 quiche mentioned 34
    8 slices canadian bacon 20
    ---

6 oz chicken breast 42
    2 eggs 12
    ---
    54I can do the egg white protein on some days, and also supplement on lower protein mornings but probably not everyday.

Chris- I can not find it but where is it about the amount of protein in bone broth. Vegetable bone broth for breakfast is also an option.

still looking for options.. as much as I like salmon.. not sure I can do it for breakfast BUT a left over salmon patty is not out of the question.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

According to myfitnesspal.com 1C of homemade beef bone broth with gelatin has 209 calories and 22g of protein.

I agree with you, I wouldn't add the dairy back in. But really, throw a cup of spinach onto the scrambled eggs and you add 6g of virtually calorie free protein.

getting enough protein was hard for me until very recently. It seems to have suddenly resolved itself.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    According to myfitnesspal.com 1C of homemade beef bone broth with gelatin has 209 calories and 22g of protein.

I agree with you, I wouldn't add the dairy back in. But really, throw a cup of spinach onto the scrambled eggs and you add 6g of virtually calorie free protein.

getting enough protein was hard for me until very recently. It seems to have suddenly resolved itself.
    I did not know spinach had that much protein
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Damn Girl, send me some bone broth. lol

giiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllll.. got some cookin' in the crockpot at home as we speak!! Wish I could share as it is near impossible to make a small batch!!! LOL

I plan on throwing in some veggies... YUUUUMMMMMM
    Karin

I freeze mine in usable quantities (some in ice cube size and some in one cup containers). I use it to make my lunch soup (beef, cabbage, and tomato), which I then add a can of tuna to, lots of protein there!
    Chris
    Unknown

Off to a rotten start with the LR. I had tummy trouble last night so I ate soup that I made with broth and veggies. Up at 1:30 starving.. not a good sign. Still a bit of tummy trouble this morning so I poached 3 eggs in some of the same broth.. not sure how much protein I had in all. No where near the 50 I am sure. Poor choices made before lunch. I have not had my lunch but I should. I am thinking the tummy issues are stress related.

L: I brought a ground beef steak and some vegetable soup.. I may just eat the soup..
    D: I thought to make more soup and then freeze some broth for the future.
    Karin

For dinner I have been just making myself a big mixed salad and putting some piece of protein on top of it. Some Olive oil and ACV and yum. I make some rice or potato for the boys and that is that. I don't care much about variety, so when I find something that works I stick with it.

Sorry about the tummy, think maybe a nice cup of mild tea might help? Hope it feels better soon.
    Chris
    Unknown

tummy is a little better.. natural sausage and eggs fro breakfast.. yum.. hamburger and broth for lunch today.. dinner?? not a clue at this time.

The washing machine is suppose to be delivered tonight and the owner is going to be looking at the damage to my van. Grr..

On a plus side: An outfit I bought to meet Ryan in, that I did not wear (good thing it was not wasted on him), yeah.. it was a snug button up jacket that is no longer snug to button up. It looks good.. oh and the cami is a smaller size as well. WHOOP! Got to gather those small nuggets when we can.
    Karin