Page 106 of 614 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 106

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, Karin, I'm sorry to hear that. [I'll gently nag you as well...take care of yourself so that you don't get sick again]

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    You all are awesome. I will tell you that I succumbed a bit but will not let myself go as you are all right, I get sick when I do. I am amazed and thrilled at the same time I have been well this long. Yesterday no soda, no processed foods, but I am still retaining water. My rings are tight.. so.. more coffee and tea and need to up the fluids a bit I think.

Chris- you called it with Ryan. Yeah, do not think that one is going anywhere. I did get a sweet text from my ex yesterday. Not that that is going anywhere either . Some people just can not be together. I am hopeful and have some other "fish" on the line .

NO CANDY OR CRAP FOR ME! DONE!

B: 3 eggs in ghee (this just never gets old) with coffee and HWC
    L: Fried chicken breast leftover (no breading.. just crispy skin) I think I have some peas in the freezer to go with it and an orange in the fridge.
    D: something with hamburger I think.

I just want to be settled in the new place so I can get back to basics and routine. This is some crazy week. Hanging in there though after a couple days of sheer madness.

I sent out my email so, should MDA crash again, we can still interact. Let me know if you did not get it. I just can not do that days without checking in again.

I will check journals later.. we have a big pain in the ass assembly I need to go and participate in <evil glare>, so not in the mood.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    yep, days without each other was not a good thing. thanks for the email!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

checking in.. email has been wonky today at work. Soggy days are like that.

So, went out to lunch instead with my team.. had a fabu omelette! Going to have the chicken breast after work.. I have been starving all day!!! Its weird.. I was even still hungry after that huge omelette!! Not loving that. Drinking hot tea like crazy and some coffee.. rings are lossening up. I just need to keep at it. My face looks puffy to me.. but it could be just me.
    Karin

hate looking in the mirror and seeing a puffy face. My face loses the puffiness last when I am dropping the water.

I am telling you, when your life settles down...the 9 veggies a day have made a huge difference in my need to eat between meals, and in feeling satiated. It supports my theory that I binge because my body is deficient in something. Which by the way is a big part of Mark's article today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

9 veggies will be a good goal for me. So when we talk 9 veggies.. we are talking 9 servings right? I glanced at Mark's article today but am waiting until this evening to read in more detail when things are more quiet and I am more at rest.LOL

Back to the 9 veggies I would like easy veggie suggestions. For example,

Kale in ghee
    spinach with mushrooms
    green beans
    peas
    salad
    ummm ummm ummm
    Karin

nope, not necessarily 9 servings yet, just 9 different kinds....

morning smoothie..blueberries or raspberries and spinach =2
    lunch...soup has tomatoes and cabbage, I put a quarter of an avocado on it, plus I eat a small pkg of seaweed (think that counts as a veggie), then I make a plate with carrots, celery, and radishes on it = 7
    dinner...BAS 2C of mixed greens, cucumbers, and bell pepper =3 (although 2C of mixed greens could count as 2 I think)

days total = 12!

then some days there is the kale sauteed in olive oil and garlic, or brussell sprouts seared in coconut oil, or some other something that looked good at the market
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-15-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: oops forgot one
    Chris
    Unknown

so for easy suggestions...

-berries and cream
    -eat em raw! celery, carrots, radishes, kolrabi, jicama (these last 2 are amazing when sprinkled with some of that homemade ranch powder!)
    -put as much variety on your salad as you can-this keeps it from getting boring-colorful bell peppers, cukes, different kinds of -mushrooms, purple onions, etc.
    -make a vat of veggie soup with homemade broth
    -then of course, you can roast frozen ones. put a bag of frozen veggies on a greased (I use coconut oil) cookie sheet (put foil on first and cut way back on clean up) and put into a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, fantastic! for this I use broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I second Chris. Not only is the weight on a downward trend again (finally), but I have energy again. If I can get the sleep nailed down, I know I'll be losing like a rockstar!!!

I'm not good on the variety like Chris is (though I rotate most days - spinach 'til I finish the bag, then onto chard, then onto kale, etc.).

* For at least 1 meal per day, I saute together (in the same pan), lean ground beef + 3 cups greens (spinach, chard, kale, etc....I cheat and buy the bagged kind that is already cleaned), some coleslaw mix, kelp noodles (don't know if they count as a veggie, but seems like the iodine (assuming there really is some) has helped the sleep), maybe some other veggie like mushrooms or tomatoes or frozen carrots (any combo of veggies basically works!). This is quick - often my breakfast (a lot of times, too, I have mostly cooked ground beef, so I add it in to finish cooking and flavor my veggies).

* Frozen veggies. Cauliflower, broccoli, artichoke hearts, green beans, carrots, greens, etc. Put in a bowl, add a bit of water, nuke for about 10 minutes. Cook rest of meal while veggies are going.

* Dehydrated veggie chips. Zuchinni + ranch sprinkles...oh my, so good.

* Dehydrate veggies. I sneak in dehyrated spinach, kale, etc. into almost everything these days. The family doesn't even know they are there

* Smoothies (mostly for the husband). Fruit + spinach + protein powder/gelatin.

* Add to almost anything. Shephards pie has at least 2 (if not 3) in the meat mixture. For DH and mom, I made mashed potatoes with potatoes and rhutabegas. Spaghetti sauce -- add mushrooms, greens, red bell pepper, anything else sitting around. Serve on top of kelp or spaghetti squash.

* Buy pre-chopped, washed, etc. veggies. They cost more. But, I eat more and feel better.

* Chop on the weekends. I cut up a ton of veggies on Sunday, and that gets me through about midweek. In the later part of the week, I start relying more on the freezer veggies.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow Ruth and Chris! I am inspired to add more veggies. I have maybe 4 different kinds on average, but today with my Normandy blend veggies and mixed greens salad, I am up to 9!