Page 105 of 614 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6131

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 105

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I am lucky in that I have a very close relationship with hubby in all the right ways. Our sex life is non-existent but the intimacy is wonderful. The way I look at it is that you can have sex with a total stranger. Would you rather have sex without love, or love without sex??

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Unfortunately my "love language" is physical touch, but yes actual intercourse is not necessary. And we need to work on our closeness. But no, don't think I could do sex without love at this stage of my life.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, sorry in advance for the threadjack.

Chris, has your husband been tested for low testosterone? My husband has been exhausted and cranky, depressed and complaining of "differences" in sexual function, inability to lose weight etc. He went to his doctor and eureka his testosterone levels are super low. He was probably on the verge of full on erectile disfunction. Also his Vitamin D level is only 21. He is now supplementing both. I'll let you know how it goes...just not in my journal. He would be mortified.

+1 on the apology for the jacking...but yes, only the testosterone, we need to talk about what else he needs tested for, as apparently there are a few things that could contribute. Will continue in my journal....
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ooooo.. I have the sex thread!! I am honored hahahhaha

still retaining water.. coffee and tea for me today so hopefully that will help. I wonder if stress causes water retention?? LOL It seems everything else does!! My rings are tight so I know what that means.

Conferences last night, I am exhausted! So after work I need to do some errands for the house (get the water turned on, check what is up with the mailbox- I do not have one. I think I will be assigned a post office box). The hours at the post office in this small town are funny. A couple hours in the morning, a couple hours in the afternoon and 30 min on Sat.

B: 3 eggs in ghee (this seems to be my go-to everyday breakfast and I am so fine with that its scary)
    L: ok.. so thought I would take a short cut in lunches at work. Bought some Oscar myer turkey.. ewwww.. that does NOT taste like turkey. I need real meat I think
    D: Who knows..I may skip it. No water aerobics tonight.. too much to do. I will get back in next week.

Happy Valentines Day Ya'll.. love ya!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

diet sodas, deli meat...mmmm...water retention.....wonder why?

do you do tuna or salmon canned, easy high level of nutrition for few calories, although it looks like you are a tad low on them anyway.

So glad we are all back together. Happy Singles Awareness Day (talked to my daughter last night, and since she is single this year-yeah!- she mentioned this new title for a very made up holiday)
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Can we just skip this week?? From almost bad to worse..

Aside from the fact it is Valentines Day, conferences are this week (next one is all day Thurs), its cold, I am moving etc. etc. I get word that my uncle by marriage died yesterday. He was my HS Algebra teacher and made math have meaning for me. He is the reason I am a teacher and love math. He was not a spring chicken but it is a shock all the same. I remember his "soap box" speeches.. mostly to the females in the class. " You need to take math seriously. If you do not, you will end up pregnant and on welfare because you will be too stupid for anything else". To the guys it was always something like, " you have to know math or you will never keep a job, have a family and will be a bum because you will be too stupid to hold and keep a job". Love you Mr. Vinci.. rest in peace. am getting back in the saddle but holy crap.. this is going to be a tough week and weekend.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

OH man, I am so very sorry. When my favorite uncle (by marriage) passed (years ago) it sent me into a tail spin and depression that was very hard to get out of. I had an infant in the house, not getting enough sleep, just moving into a new home, and wham this very healthy guy has a heart attack at 62.

Karin, the thing is, that you will be stronger and feel better with more energy if you don't let yourself go too much. I know this is a very stressful week, all the more reason to jump into some grapefruit or some greens some lean protein. Gotta be good to yourself or you increase the possibility of getting sick again. I know you know this, and I know it takes time to be good to yourself, but really most grocery store deli's have got fixed dishes, roasted veggies or soups. It is totally not about the weight. Ok now I will get off of my soapbox.

Luvya and know you will get through this, we are here for ya.
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    It seems that crappy stuff comes in groups - like the bad news and challanges are ganging up on you! I agree - get some real food into you and run from the soda and candy. Real food is like a friend that will tell you the truth (even if you don't want it) while sugar is a snake in the grass, lying and waiting to undermine you! Take care of yourself!

And thanks for the e-mail - I was bumming all weekend too as I must accept that I may spend way too much time on MDA. I did find lots of other paleo blogs to check out though None of them are MDA though