Thread: Sneaky Gluten! Grrrr.... page

PoeticPixe is offline Member

Angry Sneaky Gluten! Grrrr....

I went to a friend's cook-out today. She made all the typical foods one would expect . Hamburgers, Hotdogs, grilled chicken, etc. I saw her mixing breadcrumbs into the hamburger (ew), so I avoided that. I figured I would stick to the grilled chicken. Well, after stuffing myself on a few pieces of her grilled chicken, I commented on how her combination of seasonings gave it a spectacular taste. She told me it wasn't her genius, but it was a grilling glaze. I don't know how I didn't know?! Anyway, turns out this glaze has wheat flour and soy in it!! I was a little upset, as I'm avoiding both (obviously). I am particularly upset about the gluten hit. I do have an intolerance to gluten. I am not Celiac , thankfully. I do get itchy and sluggish after, as well as have GI issues. I know it's my fault for not asking, but sometimes ya just don't want to seem so "picky." I know my health is worth it though...lesson learned. I just needed to vent, thanks!
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

kurite is offline Senior Member
    It's impossible to escape, best thing to do is give up and dig into a loaf of bread.

pinkmomagain is offline Junior Member
    Given that I am not celiac, I count things like that (marinades, sauces, etc.) as my 20%.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I know the feeling-we just found out our kiddo is allergic to soy, she breaks out in horrible hives. Guess what, soy is in a ton of things you'd never think of. My freaking all natural garlic salt had soy in it!!! I've become so anal about reading ingredients now, its bordering on obsessive.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

PoeticPixe is offline Member
    @pinkmomagain, I logged it away under my 20%. =) I'm just a bit of a perfectionist at times, haha.
    @ Kaylee, my 3 yr old is also allergic to soy. It is in everything!! It's quite annoying, eh? Yes, it does make you feel a bit obsessive at times!
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    That it does PoeticPixie! I thought I had her on the perfect diet (primal with a few grains, mostly a slice of spelt bread now and then), could NOT figure out why she was still getting spots! I finally went pyscho one night and started going through every cupboard in the kitchen. Around 2am, low and behold, the damn garlic salt had soy, as well as the garlic lemon pepper. Guess what I use to season chicken most often? You got it, one or the other of those. Hubby found me laughing hysterically. Once I got rid of those the hives finally went away.

Did you know Noxema has soy in it as well? Not that I use it on her, but my obsessiveness is spreading to everything that comes in the house. *sigh*
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

bozi007 is offline Banned
    changle 02
    <p>It’s important that you protect you hair while straightening.Let’s talk about hair care.I think its going around at this point that the environment,coloring,and heat treating can all harm hair.But it’s this last detail that I want to focus on, damage from heat straightening.One of the latest hair trends is the heat protection sprays,with many flat styler companies,<a href="http://www.ghdivstraighteners.info/category/ghd-australia"><strong>Ghd Australia</strong></a> is a perfect selection.like <a href="http://www.ghdivstraighteners.info/"><strong>Climbing Jacket</strong></a> inventing their own fashional style and design feature.In addition,<a href="http://www.ghdivstraighteners.info/category/womens-asics-shoes"><strong>Womens Asics Shoes</strong></a> are also used by overpronators who tend to roll their feet during the running gait,which may weaken foot and ankle muscles and waste energy with every foot strike if the incorrect shoes are worn.</p>

88hck is offline Junior Member
    888hck1:
    Supra limited edition of the Paris city named supra shoes. Uses a blue leather with red and white fabric decorated to reflect the French flag colors. Another Eiffel Tower shoes also comes with a tag, and with "Supra Skytops White Purple Shoes" word insole, limited edition 100 pairs, Supra Skytops.

88hck is offline Junior Member
    888hck1:
    Supra limited edition of the Paris city named supra shoes. Uses a blue leather with red and white fabric decorated to reflect the French flag colors. Another Eiffel Tower shoes also comes with a tag, and with "Supra Skytops White Purple Shoes" word insole, limited edition 100 pairs, Supra Skytops.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, and don't forget sneaky spammers, too.

sigh
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com