Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help page

aireals is offline Member

Need a little help

Shop Now
    Im having some trouble with the diet. I have been trying to be very strict and feel like Ive been doing well. The trouble Im having is I work a job where I walk at a fast pace carrying boxes that weigh 20 lbs or more, usually 9 hours a day. When I get around to a lunch or dinner meal a salad just doesn't feel weighty enough to fill me up so I find myself eating more animal products than I am vegetables. Also I have scarce time to eat while working which has really been sparking some sugar cravings. Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to solve the getting more vegetables in and also if that sugar craving will fade eventually. Thanks to anyone who helps

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Your job sounds somewhat like mine. I walk starting at about 6am and keep going until the job is done - maybe noon, maybe 4:30pm.

Maybe you can balance out a lot of protein and fat in one meal with more veggies in another. Every meal doesn't have to be perfect by itself.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Your job sounds somewhat like mine. I walk starting at about 6am and keep going until the job is done - maybe noon, maybe 4:30pm.

Maybe you can balance out a lot of protein and fat in one meal with more veggies in another. Every meal doesn't have to be perfect by itself.
    I work at a grocery store full time.

I get them into my breakfast, I do the primal omelet and that seems to do me well, but by lunch I want something pure meat. Dinner is usaully meat and vegetables but tends to once again be more meat. I also dont know if I should be eating more of certain things since I have so much low level aerobic cardio in my every day. Mark suggests 3-5 hours a week lol and Im doing at least 40.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Nothing wrong in higher protein and fat if you need it; veggies you can get at dinner. Don't forget to get plenty of liquids.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aireals View Post
    I also dont know if I should be eating more of certain things since I have so much low level aerobic cardio in my every day. Mark suggests 3-5 hours a week lol and Im doing at least 40.
    I know what you mean. My typical work week is about 55 hours, and I'm walking around outside the whole time. I read utility meters. Since the standard advice is to walk around for an hour or so each day, I know I'm going to have different needs from most people, but I'm not sure what.

I've noticed I do really well with a little more fat, especially in the morning, but I'm also probably able to deal with a few more carbs than most. I'm still fine tuning, so I wish I had better advice. I know the fat really does help keep me from getting hungry sooner, but then when I get hungry after work, I'm just plain HUNGRY!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Nothing wrong in higher protein and fat if you need it; veggies you can get at dinner. Don't forget to get plenty of liquids.
    Ok thanks. Is the sugar cravings natural or just some sort of body detox going on?

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    The sugar craving could be withdrawal. For most people, that goes away after about 2 weeks.

I'd suggest adding more fat to your diet. It's hard to adjust to the idea that fat is good for you, but it really is. It also will make you feel full for longer.

Good luck, I hope this helps! Let us know how you do.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to have a salad for lunch. That's just what Mark does. I had one for dinner tonight.

IMHO you may need more carbs than most of us. Starchy veg. including potatoes. (Non-Primal statement, I know.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

trishiapetersen77 is offline Junior Member
    I'm also having similar issue. I'm working out almost everyday and i tried to take as little as carbohydrates as possible to lose weight but the problem is my diet makes me feel always tired and i feel like i don't have enough energy than i used to.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Soooo, eat more protein and fewer vegetables. It seems like that's what your body is trying to tell you. I very often eat eggs/meat for breakfast, and only meat for lunch, and eat my vegetables (with meat of course) at dinner. It works really well for me to go protein-heavy early in the day. The increased protein will help with the sugar cravings too. There is absolutely no reason to go hungry because you think you should be eating more veggies and less meat at lunch time. Mix it up a little so you find what satiates and fuels you best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast