Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Fast page

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member

Water Fast

I want to attempt a water fast. I was curious if anyone here had any experience doing so and how long i should do it. I already IF so not worried about it being tough. Just curious if anyone has a good information

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Gotta figure the SherrIF will be along any minute now. How long were you thinking about fasting for? I've been known to go as long as 48 hours once in a while, but never longer than that.

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    I did it for 10 days a couple years ago and 5 days last year. Wasn't that big of a deal, especially after a couple days of it.
    I did not experience this magical moment of peace and tranquilty like so many boast about. A wise man didn't pop out and show me the path to take. Birds didn't sing on my shoulders.
    There were days I had headaches and body aches and felt lethargic. Other days I felt energized.
    I had a huge appetite for food towards the end and would think of all the things I was going to eat when done, but when I was actually done and went to eat...I could barely eat anything and then I was full. That unfortunately didn't last long ;-)

I hear that. I have noticed with IF that I almost have to force myself to eat now. I work out real hard 5 days a week and I started out eating my first meal at noon and have quickly moved that meal to 5 p.m. because I am just not hungry. I want to try the water fast as a detox method. thanks for the information.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Detox from what? How will a water fast detox you from it?

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I have done many 5-10 day water only fasts, and two 30 day fasts (doctor supervised), which give the body a chance to heal and rest. Most people feel hungry for a couple days until they get into ketosis, but from that point most feel very good. I always do, but it helps to be out of your normal enviroment and habits. Fasting has been used for thousands of years. I recommend Dr. Joel Furhman's book on fasting, but he does support the vegan diet which I found unhealthy. But he's right about the value of fasting. Animals will naturally fast when injured or ill, and when I feel ill, I do too. But be prepared for people who know nothing about fasting, who've probably never missed a meal, to tell you how unhealthy it is! Primal man had to fast from necessity, so we evolved this beautiful system that allows us to both feast and store to deal with famine. Nowadays it's all feast, and we are unhealthy in the main for that lost balance, imho.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

I have seen a lot of info on a body detox from juicing but I want to go a step further with just water for a few days. Before starting primal I had taken a lot of bodybuilding supplements and crap that should have never went into my body. The point that I have taken from reading about water fasts is that your body flushes a lot of junk that should not be present.

The day that I finally realized that fasting was awesome was a day fishing with my brother in law. We had both been lifting and intermittent fasting for a while and we set out at 6 am (last meal was 5 pm the night before) and said we would only eat what we caught. Well we didn't catch anything that entire day or night and camped outside. Finally caught three fish at 8 am the next morning and had breakfast. It woke me up to how primal man really had to work for there food. It was a really cool experience to go out in the woods and live like a caveman for a day. I feel much better when fasting and that is why I want to try the water fast.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreo View Post
    I have seen a lot of info on a body detox from juicing but I want to go a step further with just water for a few days. Before starting primal I had taken a lot of bodybuilding supplements and crap that should have never went into my body. The point that I have taken from reading about water fasts is that your body flushes a lot of junk that should not be present.
    The fast does help the body to excrete harmful poisons that are stored; fasting is often still used for cases of toxic poisoning.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can I workout on the fasting days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast