Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on Fat page

PillowFire is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I have been trying to get my Mom to make me eggs and bacon for breakfast. She doesn't want to fry them because of the mess it will make. I'm ok with that, the bacon is already edible as it is. It's got herbs and spices and very very little carbs, no sugar, just fat.

But my mom says that it's too much fat. Too much load for my stomach. She isn't anti-fat or anything. We eat wholesome, fat filled meals. So what exactly would happen if you eat an omlet with some bacon? That and she doesn't really seem to like me eating eggs almost every day for breakfast. I love it though.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

What would happen? You would have a delicious breakfast that will keep you full for hours You will be hard pressed to find anyone bashing bacon around here. It's a great way to get in some good fat and protein in the morning.

And your mom probably doesn't like you eating eggs every day because she's concerned about cholesterol levels. She'd have to read Mark's post on cholesterol to get an understanding of why you could eat eggs every single day and be fine. Basically, our bodies NEED cholesterol, and make about 1,400mg of it every single day, depending on how much you ingest. If you eat 3 eggs with a total of 900mg of cholesterol, you body will make 500mg more for your cells to use. That's a short description, but Mark's article is great, and one that you should definitely find and read. The one on Saturated Fat is excellent also, that will convince you to eat bacon until you're sick of it

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

PillowFire is offline Junior Member

I read those. I am just curious if it's possible to eat too much fat. I will try to convince my Mom and hopefully eat some bacon and eggs tomorrow.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Make them yourself.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

You would get waaaay more fat from eating a steak.

Fat isn't digested in the stomach anyway. Semantics perhaps.

FairyRae2 Guest

Fat is amazingly satiating, so I think it's really hard to eat *too much* of it. Unlike carbs, which are easy to overdose on, fat leaves you so full that you won't want to eat more than you 'should'. If you *do* overeat fat, you'll probably just feel really really full, and will most likely eat a little less next time. I just had eggs and bacon for breakfast (yum!) and feel wonderful and full. If eating eggs and bacon together feels good to you, do it! (Try to stick to pastured eggs and bacon if you can for the extra health benefits and omega 3s!

Check this out on fat if Mark's posts haven't swayed you on the importance of (unlimited) fat: http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/index.html I'd share all the MDA links on fat w/ your mom as well. We are a fat-phobic society--takes a while to let go of the fat-fearing baggage...

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

I'm with arthurb999. It's difficult to understand why you need to convince anyone to cook anything for you. Are you too young to use the stove?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Erm...dude. By the time I was 16, I was cooking most of the family's meals.

So yeah. Make it yourself.

And do a good job cleaning up afterwards.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Another one in the "cook it yourself" camp.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Making scrambled eggs with a lot of butter or bacon in low fire takes a bit longer but reduces the mess a lot. Break the eggs inside a small bowl, mix the contents well, use a non-stick pan and you should be able to clean everything in 1 minute.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast