Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 27

ZippyChick is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That was obviously supposed to be a reply to your post about wanting stories about princesses who farm and hunt.

Hang in there, Metalsporks--you are doing great. You are a very strong woman--your daughter is lucky to have you as a mother.

And congratulations for maintaining your weight, even while off the wagon. Sometimes not gaining is as important as losing....

I'm rooting for you!
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."--Jedi Master Yoda

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    I've been gaining due to the foods I've been eating now. I am in soooooo much pain from endo (at the end of my week) that just sitting here I am nearly in tears. I'm looking for any natural, affordable way to relieve pain. So far natural and affordable are not coinciding with each other. I want help! But I can't seem to afford to eat the way I should that also allows me to manage my pain! :'( I'm noooooooootttttttt happy... Crap, now comes the tears and my daughter is in the room. Logging off...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Well, my daughter told my mom that she is eating like a dinosaur now. She said that tonight so it's time. Tomorrow will be day 1 for both of us. :/ I'll take her lead and remind her that she said that and what dinosaurs eat (meat and plants). It'll be rough (especially since we had no planning time) but we'll try it for "14 sleeps".

In other news: I'm tired of my flip flops falling apart (one keeps breaking and I keep fixing it) so I'm gonna try to DIY my own huaraches since Mark brought it to my attention with his link day. My FIL has some leftover tub sorround that I'll use for the sole and I'm going to search out big enough leather scraps to put my feet on. I'll also look for some nylon cord. We'll see how it goes. If it works out well I'll make some for my toddler (who really wants to wear underwear at night for her birthday).

I'm also lookign at moving back in with my parents and looking for a job since I cannot live with my in-laws anymore and the hubs business isn't taking off quick enough. Yes I'm angry and yes I have to get over it. My mom will provide daycare for the toddler and I'll just make her enviornment as educational as possible so I can suppliment her schooling. I may move for my birthday in early Sept or I will be doing it by the end of Oct.

I'm glad for our local Ruths Room though as I jsut picked up almost an entire wardrobe of winter clothes for my daughter today, including a carhart jacket. Now all we need is winter tights/leggings/socks and some winter shoes if she outgrows the current ones. She's also doing her teeth and bath almost completely by herself now and her birthday isn't for 3 more weeks! She's gonna get a video and phone call from Mickey for her birthday.

At least I have some support on no soda from thehubs. Now if I can just get him to try Paleo for 2 weeks or so.

ZippyChick is offline Junior Member
    OOOH! Tell us how the DIY huaraches goes, please! I've been wanting to do that since I read about it.

Great that your daughter wants to go Paleo. Now that your husband is outnumbered--who knows what will happen?

Keep an eye on that tendency to wear "underwear at night" :-) Could get interesting when she's about 18 or so....

Good luck with everything, MetalSporks, and do keep us posted!
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."--Jedi Master Yoda

I've been looking into getting some leather and then I can make the huaraches.

As for us going Paleo? We tried it and then realized on Day 2 that we can't afford it. When it is truely less expensive to eat oatmeal all day than meat... That's all we have. We just applied for foodstamps so we can only pray we get enough money from them to buy good food.

She'll be switching out of diapers after her birthday this weekend.

YAY! We have mondo amounts of foodstamps! FINALLY we can stop eating from the dollar store! That means that we can finally go Primal! Right now we've been going a bit crazy with our newfound food freedom and have been getting whatever (mostly from Farmers Market though). But now we're going to be going GF, LF (legume) as we eat up other foods in our house. My husband has even agreed to do this (provided he can eat candy still). Once we go completely GF we'll slowly replace them with Primal alternatives to transition my daughter and I. But we're also going to be starting to focus more on fruits, veggies, and meats while reducing the amount of baked goods on the plate. Once we are completely primal we'll go paleo and from there I will go AIPaleo. Next week is D week (2 weeks) and we'll be doing a large focus on Dinosaurs so we can tie it to Eat Like a Dinosaur. We're even going to be doing a sorting activity where we sort plants (fruits and veggies) from meat because that's what dinosaurs eat. She loves going out the garden with Grandpa (her fear of slugs is diminishing partly due to our meat goat we have near the garden that she loves and the mounds of blackberries we have out there that she adores) and picking foods. Our apple trees and pear trees are starting to ripen and we have tons of falling off the vine blackberries. We also have some grape leaves I may try to dry and use as a lemon seasoning. What I need to find is a paleo/primal zucchini bread recipe (I got 9.5 cups of zucchini for 2 bucks from farmers!) and some sugar free (no chemical) blackberry freezer jam recipes. I'm going to have to make a bunch of applesauce and pear sauce as well.

In other news things have been stressful as crud. My daughter has been diagnosed as gifted so I've been focusing on trying to help her overcome some of her "issues" like sock seams, slug fears, and perfectionism. I've been looking into schools for her since I'm also looking for a job. Once I find a FT job it'll be a matter of months before we can move out onto our own. My hubs is also looking for a PT job starting in Sept to supplument his business income. I have an interview for a PT job tomorrow. 2 PT jobs are fine! My deceased grandma's inheritence will be accessable next month after my birthday and I am getting a little bit to go into savings and be used for myself and my daughter (my parents and my grandmas request-myself first). I'm going to get some things I've been needing and/or wanting for a long time! I'm also going to get some Montessori materials for my daughter. I've been helping my mom jump start her sewing business (on facebook under Cindy Nystrom-she makes clothing, mostly for little kids, but she is willing to take custom orders) and may be doing some sewing myself on the side (I make waldorf birthday crowns, flag banners/streamers, and montessori isnpired kid aprons). I swear there's been more going on but I forget it now. Maybe the homeschooling of my daughter? Idk...

Basically it's time to restart my life! Once I lose enough weight I can get a laparoscopy done if needed to see how far advanced my endo is. I'm debating on getting Mirena for it but for now I think I'll wait since putting extra hormones in a plastic device and into me doesn't seem like it will help long term when the main issue with endo is hormone imbalance.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    This all sounds like such great news! I hope re-starting goes well for you and your family. Keep us posted!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks. I'm glad to have my husband on board for this, at least in part. It makes it easier. Right now we're still eating through the grains but I've started with dinner and breakfast. I try to focus ont he meat and provide 2 plant based foods. She is having a hard time with eating meat so tonight we'll be doing chicken strips in rice flour instead of the usual crud. Eventually we'll be able to move away from this sort of "trickery" and it'll be great. I'm also going to let her pick one VEGETABLE from farmers to try every week. Right now is fruit season but we have enough of that already. So she can pick one veggie and it might help her try new foods. I also put tomatoes (a food she famously despises) on her plate at lunch today. I put 3 different kinds of cherry tomatoes in front of her and she tried each one then promptly spit it back out. I was next to her going to town on them with lots of ooos and aaaahs and I actually got her to try half of yet another kind of one. I asked her if I could eat half of it before she did and she said yes. She ate it and did a lot of sour faces but kept eating the insides until the skin accidentally gagged her. Semi-success. I then told her they were natures candy and she seemed cool about it.

My mom brought up the fact that we often have put a veggie on her plate and told her to eat it because we were pretty sure she wouldn't like it so I tried to just put it there nonchalantly and eat the same food next to her with admiration. I think over time I can ham it up less and she'll eat more. Thanks to my mom for pointing that one out!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a job! It's part time and is a preschool aide position. I think the Universe just told me what I am supposed to do with my life. So I'm going to work here while finishing up my AA degree and getting enough ECE units to become a preschool teacher. Afterwards I'll enlist in an online Montessori AMI training program for 3-6 yr olds in 2014 (when they're expecting to be accepting FAFSA). My goal is to be a Montessori teacher in my own home so I can also homeschool my daughter.

One stressor changed!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627