Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 25

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks.

Today was okay. I have a cold (probably because I chose to eat immune suppressing foods right when the rest of the family was sick). But, whatever.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Well, this cold has taught me that I need to have comfort foods in storage ready to reheat. I've been having hot cocoa, pizza, oatmeal, etc. Why? I am WAY too tired to do much more than take care of the kittens, my daughter, and reheat some food. I also want warm liquids.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Have some butter. Go buy a lb, take a stick, melt on low and drink. You will feel better.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    I second the butter.

Hope you're feeling better!

I can't seem to down fats like that. They make me gag (coconut oil, butter, etc). I'm not sure why. Thanks for the advice and support everyone.

I'm working on prepping my measly pantry for the next time. I'm going to try tea in the morning tomorrow to try to kick the hot chocolate fix I've been getting. And, generally, I feel like crud so I'm gonna try to get back to feeling better.

ZippyChick is offline Junior Member
    HI Metalsporks,

Hang in there, you are doing SO WELL!

I don't know if this is something you can eat on your plan, but one thing I've found that's WONDERFUL is coffee (or decaf) with a teaspoon of 100% cocoa, a small spoon of coconut oil, and a little heavy cream (mostly to change the color). The combination of the coconut oil (which is sweet) and the bitterness of the cocoa and coffee makes it really tasty. It's like hot chocolate, but not sweet.

And it's a good way to "hide" the coconut oil (which you mentioned you have a hard time getting down). When it's hidden in the cream it tastes just like rich, creamy, cocoa-coffee.

If this is something that works with your plan, I'd encourage you to try it!

Regardless, hang in there, okay? You're doing GREAT... I got chills when I read your new weight number!!

GO METALSPORKS, GO!
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."--Jedi Master Yoda

Thanks! That may be a great way for me to make mochas again (minus the cream due to the dairy but you mentioned it was mostly for color purposes anyway-I bet I could use canned coconut milk...).

I think I've been having allergic reactions to the wheat! When I eat something with wheat in it I get a severe headache, get extremely tired, and my eyes swell! I couldn't tell if it was the kittens or the wheat but I had a VERY bad reaction yesterday and there were no cats around, just a dog. I've never had a reaction to animals before anyway. In order to decide if it was allergies or the cold I took some anti-histamines and it almost immediately got better. O.O

I tried the mocha-esque drink this morning and it was good. That plus 2 hamburgers and one sausage this morning had me full until just now (with a bit of water in between). I've noticed that I get a headache if I'm in the sun too long though, hence why I had to come inside to eat my salad. I figure I'll have to do dinner soon for the hubs, kiddo, and myself so a salad should be fine.

I also just realized that with my husbands job loss recently that even if he gets this job he has an interview for later this week there is a high chance that we'll be celebrating my daughters second birthday here and maybe even my 23rd. This makes me immensly unhappy, angry, and depressed. Her first birthday I was living with my parents while he lived here. I feel like all of my dreams of having a special day just for the 3 of us on her birthday just flew out of the window, especially with his dad. OMG! D': I wanted to have her wake up to a special place set up just for her with her special birthday outfit, some choices for what to do and eat that day (ALL of it will be her decision), and a couple of small homemade gifts. We were going to do this on her birthday and then have a seperate family get together the next day. No luck with my father-in-law around. I wanna scream and cry!!

The only real good news I have right now is that my sis-in-law is out of the house at her grandpa's now, taking care of him, which lowers the stress levels in the house. The kittens are nearly weaned and can be neutered and rehomed as soon as their body weight is high enough (2lbs). And today is Day 1 after that cold/allergy attack and I feel okay. It's easier to switch back to primal but not without withdrawal.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm sorry that your DD's birthday plans are not working out how you wanted. Maybe you can still have some quiet time with just the three of you outside of the house. A walk maybe?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've been pondering this and I think that I can still make it similar to how I want it. I can put a couple of ballons at the foot of her bed and have the options laid out at her chair in the morning. I can make a small area next to her bed for the homemade presents. It won't be quite the same but it will be okay. Thanks for the eoncouragement.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast