Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 24

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So far, on the cheese issue, I've decided that it isn't horrible if I can limit the cheese/ranch to one meal a day (lunch usually with my big butt salad). I'm eliminating so much at once that this one small thing is okay for now. A little is better than a lot in this case. I also made a chart for me to fill out throughout the week to keep me accountable to the vegetable requirements. It has each category of AIP veggies on it with a certain number of boxes for minumum needed (3 a day for the colorful veggies/berries, 2 for the green veggies (though there are no minimums for this I want to be sure to have at least 2 for the minerals), 1 for the iodine rich with weekly written behind it (aka seaweed courtesy of seasnax), and 2 for the sulfur rich (again, no min just my own ideas). On the back I have the list of foods to focus on eating.

So far, today is easier than yesterday because I am keeping busy. I washed the dog with my daughter this morning, walked up through our fields a bit (never again with the dog without help and definately need closed toed shoes until the garden is tilled), and generally tried to relax. This afternoon I'll be washing the other dog with my SIL when she gets back from work with my hubs.

Tonight I'm making taco boats again. The only real issue I may find with the veggies is makign sure to get colorful (we tend to stay in the orange, green, and whites over here with a bit of red strawberries thrown in) and the sulfur rich veggies. I tried mushroom for the first tiem yesterday and it wasn't bad so I might go that route along with the cruciferous for some dimension. My daughter STILL won't eat any veggies so this is going to get interesting.

As for the rest of the diet? The only real issues I still see happening are fermented foods, organs, grass-fed/wild caught, and bone broth. I can't wait to try some bone broth though because I really want the hot drink int he morning but I'm tired of tea.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Will she eat veg that are stir-fried in butter or some kind of fat, or slightly roasted with some kind of fat? That's my favorite way to eat them, especially since they get salty from the bacon grease/butter.

Someone on another forum I go to said they are cutting back on their cheese consumption by having "Cheeseless Mondays". That seems like a low-pressure way to cut back on consumption without feeling "deprived". It might be easier to handle an overall cut-back on intake by picking specific days or meals that there will be no cheese. Or is it a snacking thing?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've tried various methods but I have yet to find a reliable one that will get her to eat vegetables. She eats certain meats, fats, and a lot of fruit.

I only eat cheese at lunch so I've cut it out of 2 meals of my day.

Well, my newly restrictive diet is easiest to do when I control the menu. I went to my moms for dinner like usual on Wednesdays and it was primal but not AIP. I ate it and it was good but when I buckle down for a month (as soon as I get used to this new way of eating and find a good alternative to cheese/ranch on my salads that I enjoy) I'll probably offer to make the meals that entire month. Give everyone else a break but make it easy on me.

I even got an assload of veggies, meat, and fruit at two stores today for 60 bucks! The most expensive part? frozen fruit. I got some chicken livers to add into the bone broth I'll be making tomorrow with the leftover pork ribs, turkey necks, and an onion. I'm gonna use my slowcooker and when it's done cooking I'll blend in the livers/turkey meat to make it more nutritious. If I had an immersion blender this would be much easier. I also picked up some braunschwieger for breakfast tomorrow. I plan on hiding my organ meats into other foods until I can better handle them. Now the only other thing I need to track down is some good feremented starters(hoping for a free SCOBY!!!!).

I sooooo have to down my fruit intake though. I think I have found a way to have a vegetable of every kind of color of the rainbow excepting blue/purple sans nightshades. :/ I'll just have to have blackberries/blueberries on my menu for awhile.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    we grow this Graffiti (F1) - Johnny's Selected Seeds on my farm. It satisfies purple requiremtn and is not a nightshade! Also if you can get a hole of okinawa sweet potatoes (which I haven't been able to...so if you do please don't tell me or I will come to your house and steal them all) they are bright purple inside and DELICIOUS

Thanks for the ideas! I'm just eating blackberries/blueberries for now (these will probably fulfill most, if not all of my berries, soon-aka when I get my butt in gear to go lower sugar again) but will look into it.

I tried braunschwieger yesterday with my daughter and it was a bit rich for me but she loved it, what little she had of it-I suspect it was rich for her too. I am so surprised! She is adventerous with meats but give her a veggie and OMG. lol. We are working through the vinegar issue finally though (no rash recently) so her options may spread open soon! I think we're having to work on healing her gut a bit too since she had to be on soy formula for various reasons and it gave her eczema plus all of the immunizations. I think our second kid will be on a delayed vaccine schedule. But it's okay.

I'm finding it easier to get all of the veggies perscribed on the AIP lately now that I've gone shopping with the protocol in mind and have realized where the portion sizes really lie. I was having too much veggies in the beginning and wondering how I was supposed to eat it all!

I'm thinking this bone broth will be a bit of a flop as well but I'm okay int hat I only put about 4 bucks into it in total. :/ Next time I'll try to just use a carcass or something instead of seperate foods. That way there is less of an issue with money.

My SIL likes the SeaSnax! I'm happy because she is slowly converting to primal. I gave her all of the flavored ones since they all hurt me. If she likes all of them and they don't aggravate her heartburn then she can have the rest of the flavored ones. I prefer the original.

I rode my bike today and it was nice. I got a bit overheated but I'm learning how much water I truely need for a 2mile bike ride (2liters... For now). I'm getting better at riding it with her but today the headwind was horrible and I had the raincover off the trailer so I had even more resistance this time. She enjoyed it and I enjoyed being able to talk to her better, though.

I weighed myself yesterday and am at 340.4lbs. This means that I have lost 80lbs since the last week of my pregnancy almost 2 years ago, with about 50 of it having been int he last couple months. I was at 419lbs the week before I had my c-section so this is amazing! I am actually excited and feel like seeing hte big "2" in front is so close and achieveable! It's amazing how one number can be the end of the world for one person and a HUGE accomplishment for another. I see the 340 and I know that it is still not healthy but I also see it and think it is so much healthier. I think that is a big distinction, especially since I was raised on "You're healthier than most skinny people". That could be true but I am/was still not healthy. I am healthier.

We've also been enjoying our afternoon teas and I love having a nice time with my daughter. I've been really focusing on not using ANY electronic device around her (or as rarely as possible-hell, I even nearly forgot my phone this morning) and none after 7pm. I get better sleep, have a better relationship with my daughter (I've been focusing on TALKING to her mostly), and have a much better relationship with my husband. He is always connected to his phone, so much so that my daughter will bring it out of the bedroom with a proud smile on her face just to give it to Daddy who is yelling at her to give it to him because he's afraid she'll drop it), and, yet, I have been so connected to stuff online when she isn't around that I have forgotten to make the effort, myself, to talk to HIM! So I am doing that, talking to him whenever his phone is down too. It's been...fun *wink wink*. Lol. I feel like we are getting our old spark that we had. Heck, we started dating 4years and 2 days ago and only met 4 years and 3 days ago! It was a nice, small, anniversary gift to give him (me, no not that way, okay, maybe a little... tee hee).

My daughter loves it outdoors so much that we spend nearly 3-4hours outside everyday unless it is literally too hot or cold. Most of the time I just love sitting there hearing her laughing at the dog that she is throwing the ball to. Today we were at playgroup and had loads of fun because she was learning how to climb the rockclimbing wall per her choice and then I was playign chase with all of the kids. I'm the only mom who actually gets int here to play and not just check for safety. Oh well. I also figured out that the rock climbing wall that they have there is perfect for angled wall push-ups! Guess who did 10-20! I wasn't counting but it was a lot for me. And then I looked funny practicing a Grok Squat while holding onto one of the bars. Luckily I was talking to another pregnant mom who tried the same thing so it looked like we were just talking about birthing positions. Ha! We were talking about primal/paleo/AIP/gluten-free. XD

ANYWAY, I'm going to go catch up on emails since I'm not on much anymore. I just wanted to pop in a say "heeeeeey".

Aw! I spent last night taking in and bottlefeeding some kittens that I needed to try to relocate because the nieghbors were gonna shoot them if they found them. So I'm hoping the momma cat will find them since they are near where they were but are now on our property line. The neighbors boys had gone up yesterday and made a fort int he haybarn without realizing the kittens were there. My hubby helped me find them and we took them out so that they wouldn't be in danger. I made some emergency formula (1tbsp water, 1 tbsp condensed milk, 1 tbsp plain yogurt, 2 egg yolks) and fed them. They all had colds, one worse than the other 2, so I also worked on their eyes. They are all recovering well and I hope I made it easier on the mom to take care of them.

Because of this I wanted to be sure to stay up later last night and had some sugar and grains to do so. This morning I am back on track! This is something I never could have done int he past (have a brief foray into SAD without goign overboard). I'm very proud.

WOW. I started my period yesterday and my only hints were my SIL having PMS (she starts the day I end so she gets PMS when I start) and my feeling like it had been about a month or so since my last one. SO much different! I know my endo has been acting up still but it is SOOOOOO much better! I am so glad! AIP seems to be helping! I'm a little more lax in the AIP because I'm pretty busy right now (mostly a cleaning surge for no apparent reason) but I'm still pretty good! My only real lazyness has been not keeping up on the veggies (aka what and how much I eat of it) and eating a little ranch/ketchup and a half a potato tonight (the potato made me foggyheaded and easily distracted/tired so I know that nightshades are still a bit of an issue).

339.4lbs!!! Yay! The kittens have been orphaned at this point so I'm taking care of them until they are old enough to be vaccinated and neutered. They're all boys!

My days have been BUSY since these guys entered my life. I'm eating primal/paleo but not necessarily following the AIP strictly (I do what I can but it's not my primary focus). My period this month has been lighter and easier to handle too.

I'm happy despite minor frustrations (how the heck can someone value THINGS over PEOPLE/ANIMALS?!?!?! Well, my MIL can. Oy.). "Raindrops keep falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red!"

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast