Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 20

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gr, I had an almond cookie my mom made yesterday (the recipe comes from the back of an almond flour bag-hence the almond) but ti had regular sugar in it and the rest of the day was really hard to abstain from my cravings. And today I am emotional and irritable, not tired though. Ugh. I need to ask her not to offer it to me because it is akin to me offering her alcohol since she is a recovering addict.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

I just decided to join the pull-up challenge over int he fitness forums. I figure it's a good goal-one pull up by the end of the year. I'll start very slow due to muscle atrophy and weight but it could be a great addition to my new workout routine (which I'm still working on, lol). I think I'm going to start trying to jump rope again and once I can do that for awhile I'll work on jumping to curbs fromt he streets. I realized that I can't jump a simple curb the other day and I feel very sad that I don't have much muscle strength anymore. So during our outside time my DD can work on whatever she feels her body needs (usually stairs right now) while I work on my body! And we'll get some good VitD out of it too. I'm also on the lookout for a simple 2x4 to lay down inside or out so we can both work on balancing (in the grass until I feel more comfortable with her balance). Bonus: it's a walk the line activity which is great in Montessori philosophy for increasing awareness of the self in space (which usually means more coordinated kids with less accidents).

Oh, and the diet is going good. I made bacon burgers with the rest of my local cheese (read=expensive), guacamole, sweet potato fries (and my god are they sweet), and some water for dinner. We went to costco for lunch and I had a chicken ceasar salad along with the meat samples and breakfast was a simple 2 hardboiled eggs and 1/2 of a coconut sugar free waffle.

I found out that one of the nearby playgrounds that my daughter LOVES also has some monkey bars on the big kid side that I can do some pull-ups on (or at least practice getting there). I even climbed the rockwall a bit which was awesome.

If I wrote a blog do you guys think I would have something worth while to contribute to the paleo blogosphere? I haven't been blogging because I feel like I don't have anything to say (and yet my mind is always reeling with stuff to contemplate that I would love to discuss with people but find no one wants to discuss). As a morbidly obese stay at home mother who lives with her in-laws and is just starting her paleo journey and homeschooling journey on less than a shoestring budget, do you think anyone would want to listen?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think you write well and I would read what you have to say, even if living on a budget is all that I connect with. I think everyone has something to say that's worth listening to, but if you're looking for larger readership, I have no advice because I have no idea how to get that
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks. I often feel like I write to no one and it can feel a bit disheartening. Plus I would write about what I know: budgets, living small, toddler homeschooling, living in a mixed and intergenerational home (as in I live with my in-laws and we all have different eating requirements), food allergies, etc.

Doesn't help that I'm PMSing right now. How can I tell when I used to not be able to? My pain from the endo came back (a week later! Yay!) and my emotions are on a rollercoaster. I guess my emotions used to always be a rollercoaster but now I can tell the difference between how I am normally and how I am when my hormones are messing with me. This may be part of the reason why I responded to the first and third trimesters of my pregnancy so horrendously! I was already a hormonal wreck and then you add in MORE hormones! Oy!

OMG. I thought the bumps were normal. I guess not AND it's linked to PCOS, etc (and PCOS is like Endo's cousin). Primalgirl Opens Up: Hidradenitis Suppurativa Part I | www.primalgirl.com

I've been PMSing and craving so badly that I am just giving myself kudos for getting through the day sans grains and legumes. I had a lot of baked good alternatives today because I was having such a hard time with cravings. But I made it through and for that I am happy. My mom explained it well: our lives are like plywood in that every plank has a weak spot but sorrounding it are all amazingly strong spots. So just accept that it was a weak spot in our life and learn so that we can make the rest of our lives stronger.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and got my meat for the week based ont he sales. I've been thinking about this a bit, especially with posts like Mark's today where we are focused on nutrients in foods. While I keep it simple and focus on meat and veggies (fruit and baked primal goodies are out treats) I've been thinkign more about what I want on our table. I decided that each week will be certain food types. My meat this week includes 2 kinds of ground meat (turkey and hamburger), 1 seafood (the wild caught dover sole was the least expensive I could find), 1 chicken, and 1 "other" (pork loin this week since we're tired of chicken and ground meat). I've already been told that taco boats are a staple in our house so I know that will always happen once a week. Then the other ground meat is up int he air as to how I'll cook it (meatballs this week). Chicken is chicken breast 9/10 times and this week is no exception. The seafood will depend on whatever I find on foodee or googling the type of food with the term "primal recipe" afterwards that is simple (simplicity is my friend). And the other will be another foodee find.

Unless the meal is all encompassing like taco boats I must get another veggie as a side dish. This week I got cauliflower to make paleo pork fried rice (which I'm hoping will be another "converter food" as my hubby alls it), broccolli, kale for kale chips, and some other foods I forget right now. To get my toddler to try veggies I'm also letting her pick out one veggie a week for us to try. This week it was cabbage.

For lunch it is almost always leftovers but I tend to buy some higher quality lunch meat or some basic hot dogs for those days when there is no leftovers. Speaking of leftovers-I always plan one night a week devoted to leftovers that didn't get eaten for lunch. This also gives me a break day. Breakfast is ALWAYS eggs with cheese (though I'm working on finding some egg muffin type foods that I can grab int he mornings we're running late but I have yet to try any on the toddler to see if she likes them). And snacks are always fruit or bananacado pudding. I use the pudding for dessert on the nights that my toddler didn't eat dinner so that she gets something in her system to hold her over through the night (but I also make it int he afternoons for me and I share it so she has yet to catch onto my system here).

I also got a dragon year pack (aka sampler to me) of SeaSnax. So far my toddler likes the sweetness of the sea sprinkles but won't eat them and I have tried the chipotle and it is firey. I'm hoping we can find some of these we like so I can stuff them in my hubby's lunches (that I am starting to make for him-he felt very well treated last night when I told him I made his lunch) and for grabbing in my diaper bag for snacks ont he go. I figure if we find ones we like and can get past the fact that it's seaweed (aka my toddler and hubby need to-I'm still working through the burn on my tongue!) then it'll be a staple twice a week to bump our seafood intake.

I'm also working on obtaining some crabpots to go rock crabbing (love it!) but I'm the only one who likes it in my crew. And my hubs and I are going to start fishing together so we'll get some fish in us soon. I just need to learn to gut it and all.

I'm also looking into the "pet burger" that grasslandbeef.com has in order to get some inexpensive good quality ground meat in us (the hubs and kid don't need to know it has liver and heart in it too) between it being grass fed and the organs in it. I figure I already pay about 4.50 a lb for ground meat anyway unless I can find a good deal. I'll have to double check my pricing on it first though.

Oh, on a side note-I just realized this could be turned into a blog post! Should I or shouldn't I? lol.

Oh, and I've decided to start drawing WITH my toddler when we have art time during homeschool since I want to draw more anyway. I'm mostly just drawing lines and circles like she is right now to get back into the habit. And my mom had a great idea I implimented today-just one 1/2 hr of reading a book during nap. It'll get me back into the habit and be good for me. Plus I took a shower at the beginning of nap so I'm feeling pretty pampered right now. It's the simple things.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think that would make a great blog post, lots of info on how you're trying to prioritize budget and meal simplicity. I'm intrigued by the pet burgers, but my boyfriend and I don't eat burgers often enough to warrant it. Plus he would not eat it if he didn't like it, so that'd be a lot of burgers (or I could use them in breakfast egg muffins, maybe, thanks for reminding me I should make those) just for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast