Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 17

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    I know my posting has been very infrequent but that is because I really haven't been very primal lately. Now and again I'll have 1 fully primal day but that's about it. Like today, I had a great primal day (probably because my allergy attack is nearing sinus infection status and I don't want to eat sugar and lower my immune system). So earlier, while I was putting my DD to bed, I envisioned what my day would be like tomorrow (a la The Secret-watch the movei or read the book if I lost you on this, seriously-Do It, DO IT NOW) and got an intuitive idea to write down my meal plan for tomorrow, including snacks. I also envisioned it being as simple as it was today. I already have my "porraige" made for snack tomorrow and breakfast is always the same so I just had to come up with 2 more snacks and lunch (we eat what my MIL cooks for dinner). My day tomorrow? Cheesy eggs with banana and coffee, then porraige with tea, then chicken strips seasoned with lemon pepper and some roasted carrots, then pachos (pears with melted cheese), then dinner, then avocado pudding (if my MIL has any avocados I can use-otherwise more porraige). I know The Secret works and my DD and I have journaling after breakfast-gratitude journals (prewriting drawings for my DD and as many things I cam write down that I am grateful for while she draws) to help us remember to keep a positive attitude. Tomorrow I am going to write as many things I am thankful for for a negative person in my life so that I remember to not allow myself to feel negative when I am around this person. As my DD gets older I'll be working on getting her to start journaling about positive things like this instead of just letting her draw. I'm also envisioning poster board for our morning calendar time coming to me within the next two weeks. I'm envisioning myself at size 16 at my DD's August birthday and at least a size 20 at my parents June vow renewal. But, ultimately, I am envisioning myself going to bed int he next 5 minutes. Night all! Oh, and I am on the "In the making" series.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm glad you are still trying even if you are not managing every day primal. You know it works and it's right for you, and that's what matters. There will be a time when you can manage every day
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    well said!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Thank you. That's what I keep trying to tell myself. That even on my off days at least 2 out of 3 main meals are primal and that that is a great achievement. Not perfect but a step.

Well, I found out I have endometriosis yesterday. Found a website called cureendometriosis.com which advocates lifestyle changes similar to paleo/primal. I'm going to follow them with the exception of adding in grass fed, grass finished, hormone free meats (I'm talking to my in-laws about going in on a calf together and raising it on their land as well as a pig potentially. Eventually adding in chickens for eggs and meat). I'm angry at my body and at my own willpower. Eariler I was munching a few Cheetos while watching the finale of season 6 on Bones (gotta love that show) when one of the characters was having a baby and I got so angry with the endo and worried/scared about potential infertility that I promptly put the bag away through tears. I'm glad I did.

I am also a big fan of Bones! If you search around the forum, there are other people who use a primal/paleo way of eating to help with their endometriosis and other "feminine" disorders, and I believe they've found this way of eating very beneficial.

Thanks namelesswonder.

Well, I have officially given up coffee. I didn't have it for 3-4 days last week and was saving the last pot for the weekend for my hubs and me (he would have not been happy had I had the last pot all to myself). When I drank my last cup (well, once in a long while I'll indulge but not very often) I found that even the decaf sent me into a moody place that wasn't good. I even got myself some really good no caffeine tea (thinking I would have to simply change habits) and I haven't really needed them! When I need a hot cup of drink though I'll be glad I have these on hand. I have much more energy WITHOUT the coffee! Crazy to say! And, although I still feel tired at times I know it's because I'm still eating food that leaves me worse than before (grains, sugar, etc) despite keeping them down to a minimum.

I'm thinking positive and we're *going* to be moving next month into our own place which will help us out so much with stress. I'm planning that DAY 1 of sleeping in our new place will be dedicated to DAY 1 of a primal challenge. I need to be here for my daughters life and I need to get my endo and my weight under control before we have a second child. So I've been planning. I've been gathering good recipes to replace our current staples so I can transition my family over without them knowing it (I'll just tell the hubs it's homemade gluten free goodies. He eats the GF stuff with us now because he doesn't want to make a different batch. It's a great step and I'm very proud of him. I love him so much for supporting my daughter and myself by buying the expensive crud just sop that he can treat us to waffles and the like. ). I'm also pre-planning our first week or two int he house to be crockpot recipes since moving is stressful in and of itself. I want to make these transitions in our lives as easy as possible while recognizing that there will be tense times (and regression for my daughter who is doing well potty training, walk training, and using her utensils).

Mostly I'm just ready for this transition to occur.

On a side note: I weighed myself last night and am down to 364.2lbs! All by simply reducing my amount of refined sugar, grains, and giving up coffee (a biggie with the sugar for me). Just imagine when I finally go all in again!

Well, I just planted 159 seeds and 2 redwoods today. Ouch, my back hurts! Thank god my SIL is letting me pay her for the rice pack when I get paid so I can use it now. I have 276 more to start over the next 2 months and then have yet more to plant directly in May after the last frost. :/ I'm glad we are going to have such a large garden supplying us with amazing food but dangit if this isn't a lot of work right now. I'm gonna be cooking soooo much when harvest comes around because I'll eb adding my in-laws apples, pears, and blackberries to freeze and can! O.O

I also realized that my biggest days of weakness are the two to three days preceeding my period and the first two days of it (hence part of the reason I am so tired and sore right now-thank you endo, NOT). So if logic works then I should start my full switch to primal the last 2 days of my period so that I can plan for my period and have good snacks on hand for when I have weak moments. Which means that I can either wait a month or start in 3 days, of which I am NOT prepared for since this Friday we are going on an overnight trip for our anniversary and we are low on all foods. Hm, I am at the point though where I think I am ready to try again. So I'm not sure if I should do it starting this weekend (plus side-I am planning next Wednesday's meal with my fam so I have control over what is offered) or wait the month. :/ Any thoughts?

PrimalCon New York
    Personally, as soon as I start to put things off, I make the start date sooner. There is never an ideal time, for anything, really, so I say might as well start! If you can't make it work 100% for the first few days, don't sweat it, it's just a transition.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast