Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 {birthdays, bipolar, and antisugar} page 16

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow. Yesterday was fully primal in my eating plan! I had to stay up a bit late though because we are trying to teach my DD to eat what is put in front of her, not what everyone else is having (she likes to beg from my FIL and he can't say no, apparently). So we had to get her out of her chair when she pulled off her bib (a sign of being all done in our house) and she was hungry by bedtime. So I ended up giving her emergency bananas and some chicken before finally getting her to bed at 11. Ugh.

Today has been pretty primal as well. I'm hungry right now but trying to drink water first to see if it's just thirst. If it isn't I'll go find chicken leftovers. I'm very happy because I refused some candy that my DH had brought home for me without insulting him.

And, since I am a SAHM and my DD is my world, I just had to say that I am tired of watching her play with her strawed cup (the only kind she drinks from usually) and am going to give her a regular cup with every meal dispite the mess because she gets the idea but has developed bad habits with her strawed cup. I figure two, maybe three weeks tops, and she'll have it down! And that will be so much nicer. I'm also giving her more foods that are messy since she doesn't really like her hands being messy anymore in order to encourage using the utensils. I give her a fork unless a spoon is necessary since she gets the idea better with a fork right now. I've also been much more on top of the potty situation in order to try to not have her in wet diapers and so that she can wear her underwear that she is so proud of. Whenever I put them on her she does a little walking dance, lol.

And I've decided that I will take her away from her Poppa (Grandpa) whenever he has food. I cannot trust him not to give it to her and I can't make him change. It wouldn't be a big deal except that he eats such horrid processed food. I'm fine with it if it's certain foods and he asks first but my DH and I have blanket statement-ed the food issues by saying no to all foods unless he asks. When we get our own place we will simply limit the number of activities he has with her whenever they involve food. I want him in her life but not around food because of the food allergies she has.

Sorry about talking about this but it is stressing me out and part of the Primal Prescription is less stress, right?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Today was okay. I went for a bit longer of a walk than normal (say an extra half mile) and realized that my ankle that I turned last week still hasn't fully healed. So ace wrap tonight and more couch sitting. I've eaten primally today but will most likely not for dinner (no meat and I'm craving it-there's some int he pizza. Oh pizza, how I love and loathe you). I'm back down to my 30 day weight (yay!) at 364 this morning. Otherwise I've jsut been very crabby between withdrawl and hunger for MEAT. You'd think that having a diabetic in this house there'd be more meat but, no, of course not (my FIL is diabetic). Ugh. ><

OMG! Yay!!! I went underwear shopping because my undies all had major holes in them (not just elastic ripping-that I could have fixed) and they were a little larger than I like them. I like my underwear a size smaller than my pants and my undies are now an 18/20! I haven't been there since freshman year-about 7 years ago! I've also been getting a lot of people from church gifting me clothing they have found for me. I tried them on and some are a little snug but the 26/28 tops that I've been wearing are all too baggy! I even looked in the mirror this morning and realized that my "second neck" is going away. Add all of that to a few realizations today and it's been a great day. I ended up randomly finding out that my unemployment came through and I had a lot more than I thought so we got me the aformentioned undies, my DH his christmas gift, and I FINALLY ordered the Primal Blueprint-been wanting it for at least 8mo!

I am so happy. Oh, and my DD now has to be gluten-free if she does eat grains (and corn-free) because it upsets her stomach so much (loss of sleep combined with rancid runny poo=unhappy baby and mom). So that makes me feel better that even if she is given grains at my mom's I know it won't be the worst kinds. My mom's even going to talk to the owners of the local natural foods store and see about getting coconut or almond flour in bulk. She thinks they will understand since they have kdis with allergies. I'm hoping that it will make it less expensive since 11 bucks for 2lbs is NOT int he budget in ANY way.

Other than all of that my grandma taught me how to crochet and I am making my first scarf ever for my DD in single stitch then I'll make myself one in double stitch. It's bringing my carpal tunnel back up again since I had it in pregnancy. Hurts so I'm going slow. And last week I twisted my ankle walking so I'm going a bit slower this week because I'm still healing.

Otherwise I am not going to ever give myself gluten again even if I do fall off the wagon since it upsets my stomach as well. Does anyone ever notice the correlation between the words "gluten" and "glutton"? Hmmm... My diet is there are 90% of the time right now. I'm not very hungry and when I am I'm eating pretty good. I'm just giving into chocolate and treats a bit more than I should. I think it's partly the time of year, though. As time goes on I'll find it easier to politely refuse my Grandma's cakes and my mom's candy jars. For now I'm just happy to be as diligent as I am since it's way better than the last two months.

Happy holidays! And thank you Jesus for giving me these wonderful resources and people-the forum, my family, my church family, everything. You are Awesome!

Wow. I totally stress ate an entire bag of the new airated hershey's kisses today. Bad me. Okay, done beating myself up-at least they are out of the house now and that was the only non-primal food I ate today.

It felt so good folding laundry today! I went to fold the undies and folded ones I had from pre-primal (keep them around for major backup undies) and I had to spread my hand out to fold them in thirds the way I do. The ones I'm wearing now? Hand tightly closed! Yayyyyyyy!

Wow. I just read the mobility series-well, briefed it as I'm going to bed very soon-and I definately need to incorporate the excercises into my daily life! I've been complaining of upper back issues for quite some time (I have one vertebrae that goes out nearly every day) so I definately am going to focus on the thoracic stretches. Between that and walking 2-5 hours a day I think I have a good starting point for my workouts! At my size you have to go easy and I need to make joint strength a priority. I think I'll make a ritual checklist for all of them-something like 1)thoracic and ankle, 2) wrist and hip, 3) shoulder, 4) thoracic, wrist, and ankle, 5) hip and shoulder. Or something like that. And since 30 bucks for a foam roller is too expensive for me I'm going to diy my own by using a wooden dowel (the thickness you'd use in closets) wrapped in foam (for wrapping pipes) and wrapped in duct tape with a cloth cover. If it's not doing well in either way then I'll jimmy it different. Basically just use my own pain level as my guide.

Let's just say that I did the thoracic spine mobility test and couldn't get my wrists above my eye level before I got intense back pain!

Well, Christmas is fast approaching and I am left with an interesting conundrum. My family celebrates a traditional German Christmas on the Eve (meaning that we have two traditions we kling to-1) no one leaves the table until everyone has finished eating (double diaper time, anyone?) and 2) everyone has to eat at least 1 bite of 7 things on the table). With my DD and I being UNABLE to eat anything with wheat or whey in it (I eliminate the whey to her tolerance level by choice but, well, we both now have allergies to wheat now that we don't eat it regularly) I am not sure how to go about our special diet.

I'm requesting that my uncle, who is the chef, let me know of our basic meal plan so I can bring suitable alternatives for my DD and I and not intrude upon his cooking. So far I know that my mom is cooking up some pearsauce for us since my DD can't have apples. Usually there are peas and salad, which is okay for me but my DD won't eat it, and the breaded pork chops. There is usually also mashed potatoes with cheese and milk in them. :/ I'm thinking on just getting some chicken breasts (less expensive) and cooking 2 up for us, bringing mashed sweet potatoes or cauliflower, some broccoli for dipping in butter in place of the bread, and something else. That's 3 things. There'll be cranberry sauce which is loved in abundance by us both. That's 4. The pearsauce-5. Hmm...still need 2 more...

Ugh. I got so frustrated earlier because it feels like my mom only ever wants to get GF foods for my DD and I (I even got the "She has to eat SOMEthing" to which I replied that she does-meat, veggies, and fruit-and then got "well, she'll get some carbs this way" to which I said she does get them-veggies and fruit-to which she backtracked and said what she meant to say). I appreciate that she is trying so hard (something my in-laws aren't doing) but it feels like she is going for the allergies, not the lifestyle choice. I got defensive and then she asked me not to be because she just wants to be able to bake for my DD and I because she loves to bake. She did buy some almond flour (and found it for 1/4 of the price i did-so we get to go shopping there next week!) and I was glad for that.

So she mentioned that she wanted to make some sugar cookies for us ro something. I got excited (remembering the almond flour) and said I had a recipe! So I emailed her a bunch of recipes-including the not sugar cookies-from paleo parents. I told her that I am okay with baked almond flour goodies for her since they are high calories and good protein and fats. I'll limit myself but with my DD not growing I figure she can eat all she wants of it so long as it's not offered at EVERY meal. I'm glad we averted the arguement.

I haven't posted in quite awhile. I've been tackling the holidays and falling off the bandwagon. I've even been battling my parents making sure that my DD and I ALWAYS have something "we can eat" aka-gluten free. I've also been battling my DD's slow growth while not allowing her to control me through meals. I'm pretty lost and in a bit of pain since I ended up with a back injury of unknown origin that resulted in gettin me put on soma and a high dose of ibuprofin (though I'm already weaning myself off of them-especially now that my hubby and FIL fixed our boxspring). I'm even sick with a headcold. FUUUUUUUUN.

In good news the past three days have been rather good, simple but good. And I got the PB book for Christmas so once I'm done reading "Loving Yoru Kids on Purpose" (and excellent read for any parents out there and it works on my 17mo old) I'll be delving in. I'm also entering into Marks' newest challenge with the goal to be off of these meds by August (though right now I'm looking at being off of them by Feb) and to be in a size 16 pant by August. I'm using my DD's b-day as a good date to remember. I go throughout my day now and catch myself saying things like "It'd be nice if I had more energy to play with her like that more because it's fun" and then reword it in my head as an affirmation of sorts to be "When I have the energy to play with her longer I'll have lots of fun". Basically trying to reword my thoughts to be positive ones. I even went through my clothes recently and put the ones I don't wear out in the barn. I'm thinking of completely getting rid of all fo those that are too big for me because I will NOT be "finding" the weight I've "lost" ever again. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Positive and proactive thinking? Probably so!

That said, I'm scared. I'm scared of failing and I am still workign to lvoe myself as much as I lvoe my daughter because I wouldn't berate her for eating sugar in a weak moment so why do I beat myself up? Grrr. I'll do it, I know I will. I just need to believe I will on my heart. I need to write it on my heart that I am successful and beautiful. I need to break off the belief that I am a failure in the eyes of the lord and in Jesus name. Amen.

Wow. I simply followed my cravings today and ate pretty primal! Ate, not drank, since I only drank 2 cups decaf with stevia and paleo creamer and a peace tea. I'm only having troubles now because my DH brought home potato chips. I'm seriously thinking of endulging but I'm not sure I want to either. Mostly I ate cinnamon pear creamed hot cereal (via paleo parents but subbing pears for apples) because I just am not feeling good and wanted something hot and filling (think an alternative to soup). So although it was a lot of omega 6 I'm okayw ith that. I'm almost off the meds already-only one pain pill today. And I took a 3 hr nap with my DD today because I am just wiped out. I may just go to bed tonight instead of the potato chips. I'm thinking that if I stay up too late that my body starts to go into munchies mode. Anyways, we have company so night ya'll.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I've figured out that I am an "out of sight out of mind" kind of person. I ended up eating potato chips today and then because I was dealing with this "gateway drug" of mine creating cravings in my head and a certain amount of pain from tight muscles (taking the soma tonight) I ended up out on a family date night eating really good burgers (as in the meat was really good but it was a burger wrapped in wheat). It was nice to be able to sit with my DH and DD and share a meal that would normally be deemed too expensive. We shared a small fry and a small soda which cut our costs and it was enjoyable. So although the food I should have avoided today I am very happy with the company.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast