Page 92 of 884 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 92

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Some things I forgot I wanted to jot down...

-I get EXTREMELY ANNOYED at the overuse of ellipsis. I went through a period in my teens when I used ellipsis excessively. As a teen, it kind of makes sense: everything is dramatic. My not-boss uses ellipsis like nothing else I have ever seen. It's hard...to get through....an email...when...he...enters everything...the...same way he speaks. Not kidding, he speaks like that, except with a lot more "uh"s instead of actual pauses. It kind of makes me want to drag my nails through my desktop, it makes me incredibly tense. But, from the outside, it is kind of funny too.
    -[edit - I remembered!] I am on my last dose of all anti-candida supplements (except for the probiotic, I'll keep taking that until I run out and then probably use a different one regularly). I've had some vague itchiness lately that makes me worry, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just hoping I can keep up with the regular increased carb intake and not have any dastardly affects. I want to supp l-glutamine, but I'm hesitant to spend more on supps this month with so many other financial factors going on right now.

Ramblings, Ravings and Rants.: Forecast: optimistic.

DAMN THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE AND NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER GRRR Been like this all day. Almost got in a fight with my not-boss. Bad.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-11-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

The other thing I forgot: my body image changes a LOT when I'm depressed. I thought I must've gained about 5 lbs the other day, but I'm still hanging around 120 lbs. The bloating I experienced (probably from an absurd amount of rice) is gone today and I'm back to what is becoming a "regular" image, to me.

I am depressed today. I simultaneously want to cry and sleep.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-16-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    Journal

drssgchic is online now Senior Member
    *Hug* I don't have much wisdom for you, but we are here to help you through this.

Would it work to ask him if he needs to go to the hospital? The only time I've heard of that being a positive thing is when it's the idea of the person that needs the eval.

It just occurred to me- what about counceling for you? Yes, he's in a bad place, yes, he needs it, but if he's not taking action himself, what if you start going for your OWN issues. Kind of leading him into it and giving yourself extra support at the same time?

The fact that you can't take time off unless it's an emergency is not because you are a bad person. It's because our system values "making money" over all else- so things like mental health are forced to the side. If you don't keep your job, you two will be in an even worse position than you are right now. This IS taking care of him in a kind of tangental manner.

Make sure you're taking care of yourself in this. It's too easy to get sucked into someone else's spiral when it's so familiar to us.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    NamelessW- (I almost used an ellipsis there and had to stop myself) - admittedly I have not read your whole thread. But I read this last page and I am sorry for what you are going through. I have also experienced the stress bloat and I am so glad you recognize that the retention of water etc. is just stress, so it will go away when the stress goes away.

It sounds like you've got some very challenging problems on your shoulders. I am afraid I would give terrible advice on dealing with these but I do suggest that you think as "marginally" as possible. Address today's problems today, tomorrow's problems tomorrow, etc. For example, it's important to think about your lease, but it's more important today to make sure your bf is alive until tomorrow. The lease thing is moot if that isn't taken care of.

Best to you. (I want to put an ellipses here too, must resist!)
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Haha I still drop in an ellipsis here and there, they are useful after all, but occasionally whining about it makes me more aware of how I use it.

Your location made me laugh, btw. Thanks for dropping by and please don't ever read my whole journal, I'm sure it's confusing hehe

I am super bored and counting down the hours till I can leave. I managed to distract myself by oggling pretty dresses and wondering what style would suit me, but then I got even more bored because I can't just go try them on and see what looks nice! I want a pretty dress. And can I just say that sparkly rings are a bit daunting?
    Journal

I am going with Boyfriend to a walk-in appointment at his school's counselling center. It was better that I made the call than him because I was able to relate some of the things he's said without feeling too uncomfortable.

Now to put in a few hours of work & keep myself together.
    Journal

Anime DVD UK is offline Junior Member
    Anxiety, depression and laziness are just a few problems that we encounter in our daily lives. i myself experienced anxiety and depression, and it's really hard to get over it. by the help of prayers and my friends i was able to survive it. otakucastle.com was able to help me out also because after watching DVD's i have fun and enjoyed life to the fullest

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    And can I just say that sparkly rings are a bit daunting?
    i specifically asked the husband for a ring that was "durable" and he proposed to me while in a blizzard on a 13000 foot mountain with a solid band of aircraft grade titanium engraved with a mathematical function.

oh, the fun i have raging on LI. Such as why are all the bridges down at one end? and why am i on the other end?!?
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

drssgchic is online now Senior Member
    ASmallOne- he's a keeper for sure! That's awesome!

Wonder- glad things are getting sorted out. Keep us updated.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think he found the appointment helpful.

Tomorrow is his b.day and he's really not into them. I want to make sure he has a good day and feels loved so I'm trying to think of ways to keep him/us busy all day. I'm going to make him cake in a mug & bacon in the AM (maybe eggs if he wants them), give him a silly card & last present (shirt from shirt.woot.com that I think will suit him, the other was a BACON STRIPS shirt from Epic Mealtime). Maybe we'll go for a matinee showing of 21 Jump Street? Unfortunately I also have to make sure he spends some time on his senior thesis research paper on animal creativity =\
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-16-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    Journal